Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 07:38 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,058,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
Measles does not have a mortality rate of 28%. Where are you getting that info from? Your link does not work.

The CDC says:

Not 28%, and not 3%.
Link works fine now, since you are too lazy to type measles into Wikipedia, Up to 28% mortality from:

^ a b Perry, Robert T.; Neal A. Halsey (May 1, 2004). "The Clinical Significance of Measles: A Review" (in English) (html). The Journal of Infectious Diseases (Infectious Diseases Society of America) 189 (S1): 1547–1783. doi:10.1086/377712. University of Chicago Press - Cookie absent. Retrieved on January 14, 2009.

up to 25% (1 in 4) is pretty similar IHMO as up to 28%. Since there isn't any research to see how many people die from measles while being un vaccinated in first world countries, the data must be taken with that knowledge. If you want, you can see if you can get funding to see what the mortality rate is.

Last edited by subsound; 04-25-2009 at 07:53 PM..

Old 04-25-2009, 07:38 PM

45,411 posts, read 60,608,674 times
My grandfather died in the 1918 flu pandemic.
The Associated Press: A glance a past flu pandemics

Old 04-25-2009, 08:15 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,500,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Complete BS as usual...

Please show me where a vaccine killed more than a disease...

Good luck backing up that BS claim
You want some information, then here it is, I *stress* that although death is not mentioned in this instance, (so don't rabbit on about my not answering your point), it is nevertheless interesting, and scratches the surface...

Quote: "Jonas Salk, inventor of the IPV, testified before a Senate subcommittee that nearly all polio outbreaks since 1961 were caused by the oral polio vaccine". End Quote. [now of course if I took the time I would need to find out the difference between the 'oral' and 'intravenous' vaccine, perhaps you could enlighten me, as I'm sure you will, or attempt to anyway].

Quote: "Crib death was so infrequent in the pre-vaccination era that it was not even mentioned in the statistics, but it started to climb in the 1950's with the spread of mass vaccination against diseases of childhood. - Harris L. Coulter, PhD." End Quote.

Do some reading from "vaclib.org" and then tell me that the establishment is looking out for your health!

Hey Blue, I just had a thought, maybe you are a classic case to prove the conspiracy theorists right about the establishment putting 'stuff' in the water supply, vaccinations, etc so that we all conform and don't go off thinking for ourselves.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:26 PM
ino

Here's something interesting I found relating to the coming flu ourbreak...

Quote: "the flu strain -- which has somehow magically managed to jump from pigs to humans, if we are expected to believe the health authorities – is, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, a hybrid virus composed of an avian (i.e., “bird flu”) strain, two swine strains, and a human strain.

Not only that, but the two swine strains are from European and Asian swine, rather than from American swine. Yet somehow these three disparate and completely incompatible flu strains melded together, and leaped over to the United States and Mexico." End Quote.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:29 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,979,742 times
Can you please give the source for those quotes? Thanks.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:24 PM
ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas sky View Post
Can you please give the source for those quotes? Thanks.
The first one is cited as "vaclib.org", the following is a snip of the other one from Wikapedia, Quote: "the United States cases were found to be made up of genetic elements from four different flu viruses—North American swine influenza, North American avian influenza, human influenza, and swine influenza virus typically found in Asia and Europe." End Quote. I can't find where I got the original quote from but I'll keep looking and get back to you.

I thought the original quote was significant as I'd just like to know how they all seem to have come together, I can't find anything relating to that, I find it difficult to believe that it could be 'natural selection, or mutation' though, does it blow in the wind and they all have a 'get together'? if so then everyone on the planet should get it. I recall the commotion last year, or the year before, about bird flu also but that seemed to have died a natural death, I wonder where all the stocks of vaccine finished up, maybe they are planning on using it up this year? after all if vaccines still contain formaldehyde(sp?) then it should last, pretty much, forever.

From my observations there seems to be a flair up of flu outbreaks occasionally which have occurred throughout history, with the same age groups being most succeptable, as always, and if that age group has changed today, then I would ask...why has the age group changed today? Thought provoking stuff that's all.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:51 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,452,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapalua View Post
Yeap the swine flu is not new, another hoax to scare the world, made-ip "diseases" the entire profession of the WHO world health organization is to keep lying about their made-up diseases. They just want to give you a vaccine that is full of neurological damages, Mercury, Aluminum, Formeldehyde ( embalaming fluid, this germ and that, all cancer causing, and damages every organ in your body and your myelin sheath is being dissolved. I have to walk on EGG SHELLS AROUND here, you can not express the truth too muc the mod does not believe that VACCINES are the weapons of mass destruction to the people. IT is all over the internet how dangerous they are. SO here we goo again, SWINE FLU the scaremongers the booeymen at their JOB AGAIN spreadin this NONSENSE PROPAGANDA.... ahhhhhhhhhh ELEPHANT FLU IS NEXT then ZEBRA FLU ahhhhhhhh
He's referring to the neurological damage caused by the vaccine given to people during the 1976 swine flu scare -- which was exactly that, a scare. They vaccinated 40 million people needlessly and the vaccine itself had a lot of terrible side effects, which some are still angry about.

1976: The swine flu scare

Old 04-25-2009, 09:53 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,979,742 times
I try to not use Wikipedia as a source, since it can say whatever people want it to say. For example I just went to the swine flu entry only to find this quote, "Symptoms include : fever, disorientation, stiffness of the joints, vomiting, and loss of conciousness ending in death and then reanimation." (emphasis mine)
I've never heard of a virus that has symptoms including coming back to life. I pretty much stopped reading at that point.

As for the conglomeration of different viruses ending up together, they do that all the time. It's also very common for a virus to jump species. That's why scientists are so freaked out about avian flu.

The whole deal where this swine flu is affecting young, healthy people reminds me of what I've read about the influenza outbreak of 1917-1918 (I think it was). That basically happens because people die from an over-reaction of their own immune system to the virus. So people who have the strongest immune systems are most at risk.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:08 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,231,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
You want some information, then here it is, I *stress* that although death is not mentioned in this instance, (so don't rabbit on about my not answering your point), it is nevertheless interesting, and scratches the surface...

Quote: "Jonas Salk, inventor of the IPV, testified before a Senate subcommittee that nearly all polio outbreaks since 1961 were caused by the oral polio vaccine". End Quote. [now of course if I took the time I would need to find out the difference between the 'oral' and 'intravenous' vaccine, perhaps you could enlighten me, as I'm sure you will, or attempt to anyway].

Quote: "Crib death was so infrequent in the pre-vaccination era that it was not even mentioned in the statistics, but it started to climb in the 1950's with the spread of mass vaccination against diseases of childhood. - Harris L. Coulter, PhD." End Quote.

Do some reading from "vaclib.org" and then tell me that the establishment is looking out for your health!

Hey Blue, I just had a thought, maybe you are a classic case to prove the conspiracy theorists right about the establishment putting 'stuff' in the water supply, vaccinations, etc so that we all conform and don't go off thinking for ourselves.
Yawn...

At least I can always count on you to post pointless, mindless drivel that has nothing to do with any point raised.

You keep reading " on that thar internet mo bob and pretend that you are gettin' edumacated pardner. I reckon' one o'these days might even larn someting"

Old 04-26-2009, 02:36 AM
ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
yawn...

At least i can always count on you to post pointless, mindless drivel that has nothing to do with any point raised.

You keep reading " on that thar internet mo bob and pretend that you are gettin' edumacated pardner. I reckon' one o'these days might even larn someting"
...lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness