Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 04:29 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,452,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
You want some information, then here it is, I *stress* that although death is not mentioned in this instance, (so don't rabbit on about my not answering your point), it is nevertheless interesting, and scratches the surface...

Quote: "Jonas Salk, inventor of the IPV, testified before a Senate subcommittee that nearly all polio outbreaks since 1961 were caused by the oral polio vaccine". End Quote. [now of course if I took the time I would need to find out the difference between the 'oral' and 'intravenous' vaccine, perhaps you could enlighten me, as I'm sure you will, or attempt to anyway].

Quote: "Crib death was so infrequent in the pre-vaccination era that it was not even mentioned in the statistics, but it started to climb in the 1950's with the spread of mass vaccination against diseases of childhood. - Harris L. Coulter, PhD." End Quote.

Do some reading from "vaclib.org" and then tell me that the establishment is looking out for your health!

Hey Blue, I just had a thought, maybe you are a classic case to prove the conspiracy theorists right about the establishment putting 'stuff' in the water supply, vaccinations, etc so that we all conform and don't go off thinking for ourselves.
Thanks for this ino! Good information!

Old 04-26-2009, 05:20 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,500,147 times
Thanks Woof, it just bugs me a little that anything/everything published by the establishment or 'authorities..?' is readily accepted as gospel whereas when any alternative information is found, which there is scads of if one digs deep enough, it's always viewed with scepticism and taken to with a baseball bat. What's that old saying..."from an acorn an oak tree grows", perhaps in some cases it could be said "from a little information a more informed public hopefully ensues". Given enough information the general public will be in a better position to make a more *informed* choice in some things, instead of being treated as mindless morons...only dead fish go with the flow!

Old 04-26-2009, 05:33 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,495,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Do you want to be a guinea pig for a new untested vaccine ?
If, as they are reporting, it's just a "mild" flu then I just may take my chances.

Swine Flu vaccines in the past have had severe side effects not linked to any other flu vaccine.

This happened in 1976 and they rushed to create a vaccine for swine flu....

AROUND THE NATION; U.S. Is Ruled Liable In Swine Flu Inoculation - New York Times
First the government is not going to mandate any vaccine unless is a national security. So I don't think we have to worry about this.
Second the influenza vaccine is not untested, so where are not guinea pig.
So I don't see the government doing anything anytime soon (but since the new administration is all about big government, including telling company how to run their business, we could see something coming.)

Old 04-26-2009, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
Measles does not have a mortality rate of 28%. Where are you getting that info from? Your link does not work.

The CDC says:

Not 28%, and not 3%.

It goes on to say that

We don't have malnutrition nor vitamin A deficiency here in the USA. Not getting the measles vax in the USA is not teh same as living in substandard conditions with vitamin deficiencies and malnutrition and being exposed to measles.
The death rate of measles in the US is about 1-2 %, the death rate of measles in Africa and other countries is almost 30%.
In 1999, 873,000 people dead of measles.
Information above from the CDC.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:47 AM

Quote:
You want some information, then here it is, I *stress* that although death is not mentioned in this instance, (so don't rabbit on about my not answering your point), it is nevertheless interesting, and scratches the surface...

Quote: "Jonas Salk, inventor of the IPV, testified before a Senate subcommittee that nearly all polio outbreaks since 1961 were caused by the oral polio vaccine". End Quote. [now of course if I took the time I would need to find out the difference between the 'oral' and 'intravenous' vaccine, perhaps you could enlighten me, as I'm sure you will, or attempt to anyway].

Quote: "Crib death was so infrequent in the pre-vaccination era that it was not even mentioned in the statistics, but it started to climb in the 1950's with the spread of mass vaccination against diseases of childhood. - Harris L. Coulter, PhD." End Quote.

Do some reading from "vaclib.org" and then tell me that the establishment is looking out for your health!

Hey Blue, I just had a thought, maybe you are a classic case to prove the conspiracy theorists right about the establishment putting 'stuff' in the water supply, vaccinations, etc so that we all conform and don't go off thinking for ourselves.
Can you please provided actual links to a real report or a real study.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:47 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,985,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Link works fine now, since you are too lazy to type measles into Wikipedia, Up to 28% mortality from:

^ a b Perry, Robert T.; Neal A. Halsey (May 1, 2004). "The Clinical Significance of Measles: A Review" (in English) (html). The Journal of Infectious Diseases (Infectious Diseases Society of America) 189 (S1): 1547–1783. doi:10.1086/377712. University of Chicago Press - Cookie absent. Retrieved on January 14, 2009.

up to 25% (1 in 4) is pretty similar IHMO as up to 28%. Since there isn't any research to see how many people die from measles while being un vaccinated in first world countries, the data must be taken with that knowledge. If you want, you can see if you can get funding to see what the mortality rate is.
Why all the snark?

According to the CDC, 1/1000 children who have measles die. That would be 0.001%. The reasons that measles kill so many in third world countries is due to their malnutrition, vitamin deficiency, and sanitation practices. It might lead one to believe that measles itself is not really the culprit.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:50 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,985,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
The death rate of measles in the US is about 1-2 %, the death rate of measles in Africa and other countries is almost 30%.
In 1999, 873,000 people dead of measles.
Information above from the CDC.
This is off of the CDC website. Do they have conflicting information on their site, I wonder? I didn't see the 1-2%, but maybe that's on a different page?

Since there was no "measles outbreak" of that proportion in the USA, those deaths in 1999 were worldwide, I'm sure. The vast majority in third world countries, where sanitation and nutrition is abysmally lacking.

Vaccines: VPD-VAC/Measles/In-Short

Quote:
Measles causes ear infections in nearly one out of every 10 children who get it. As many as one out of 20 children with measles gets pneumonia, and about one child in every 1,000 who get measles will develop encephalitis. (This is an inflammation of the brain that can lead to convulsions, and can leave your child deaf or mentally retarded.) For every 1,000 children who get measles, one or two will die from it. Measles can also make a pregnant woman have a miscarriage, give birth prematurely, or have a low-birth-weight baby.
One or two out of 1000 is .001-.002%, which is immensely fewer than 1-2%

Old 04-26-2009, 05:50 AM

Quote:
The first one is cited as "vaclib.org", the following is a snip of the other one from Wikapedia, Quote: "the United States cases were found to be made up of genetic elements from four different flu viruses—North American swine influenza, North American avian influenza, human influenza, and swine influenza virus typically found in Asia and Europe." End Quote. I can't find where I got the original quote from but I'll keep looking and get back to you.

I thought the original quote was significant as I'd just like to know how they all seem to have come together, I can't find anything relating to that, I find it difficult to believe that it could be 'natural selection, or mutation' though, does it blow in the wind and they all have a 'get together'? if so then everyone on the planet should get it. I recall the commotion last year, or the year before, about bird flu also but that seemed to have died a natural death, I wonder where all the stocks of vaccine finished up, maybe they are planning on using it up this year? after all if vaccines still contain formaldehyde(sp?) then it should last, pretty much, forever.

From my observations there seems to be a flair up of flu outbreaks occasionally which have occurred throughout history, with the same age groups being most succeptable, as always, and if that age group has changed today, then I would ask...why has the age group changed today? Thought provoking stuff that's all.
problem is your source is not reliable.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Why all the snark?

According to the CDC, 1/1000 children who have measles die. That would be 0.001%. The reasons that measles kill so many in third world countries is due to their malnutrition, vitamin deficiency, and sanitation practices. It might lead one to believe that measles itself is not really the culprit.
Nope...
In the us it a little less then 1% and is mainly because of the vaccine.
For more information:
Vaccines: Global/Measles Initiative

Old 04-26-2009, 05:55 AM

Quote:
This is off of the CDC website. Do they have conflicting information on their site, I wonder? I didn't see the 1-2%, but maybe that's on a different page?

Since there was no "measles outbreak" of that proportion in the USA, those deaths in 1999 were worldwide, I'm sure. The vast majority in third world countries, where sanitation and nutrition is abysmally lacking.

Vaccines: VPD-VAC/Measles/In-Short

One or two out of 1000 is .001-.002%, which is immensely fewer than 1-2%
You have to separate children vaccinated VS non-vaccinated.
In the US because of the vaccine the number are low, but in the US and other countries with children without vaccine the death rate is higher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness