Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,754,459 times

Advertisements

Well, apparently I should be stockpiling whiskey...sounds good to me.

Quote:
Russian Soccer Fans Urged to Drink Whiskey to Ward Off Swine Flu Virus
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
Russian soccer fans have been told to drink whiskey on their trip to Wales for next month's World Cup qualifier to ward off the H1N1 swine flu virus, the head of the country's supporter association (VOB) said Monday.

"We urge our fans to drink a lot of Welsh whiskey as a form of disinfection," VOB head Alexander Shprygin told Reuters.

"That should cure all symptoms of the disease."
Russian Soccer Fans Urged to Drink Whiskey to Ward Off Swine Flu Virus - Infectious Disease - FOXNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 04:35 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Too funny - I wonder if beer will help???

Old 08-04-2009, 09:03 PM

14 posts, read 62,899 times
We bought a special essential oil emergency preparation kit in Utica, Mi. It has all natural essential oils, for mild wellness issues to serious problems. I hate to stockpile more chemicals.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:28 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Vitamin D

Vitamin A

N-Acetyl Cysteine

Zinc

Elderberry Tincture

Vitamin C with flavonoids

Organic whole rice

Flaxseed

mediterranean style sardines

Brewer's yeast

Peanut butter

couple of bars of .9999 silver and a colloidal silver generator

25 gallons red wine

5 lbs white tea

Lot's of niacin in case there's a cigarette shortage

Wooden stakes and silver bullets to fight off bureaucrats

Just the basics.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:41 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times
Flintstone vitamins

Kool-aid

Fiddle Faddle

Rum Raisen Haagen Daz ice cream

and a "Go away, I have the swine flu" sign for my frony door

Old 08-05-2009, 01:17 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Flintstone vitamins

Kool-aid

Fiddle Faddle

Rum Raisen Haagen Daz ice cream

and a "Go away, I have the swine flu" sign for my front door
hey.......think that would work for the bill collectors??

Old 08-05-2009, 02:11 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
George Noori on Coast to Coast AM just had a very good show on the swine flu vaccine. I'm not getting one but I never get a flu shot anyway. When they admit there are untested compounds in the vaccines, forget it. Who needs a potentially toxic time bomb injected into you?

Old 08-05-2009, 07:59 AM

481 posts, read 806,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Vitamin D

Vitamin A

N-Acetyl Cysteine

Zinc

Elderberry Tincture

Vitamin C with flavonoids

Organic whole rice

Flaxseed

mediterranean style sardines

Brewer's yeast

Peanut butter

couple of bars of .9999 silver and a colloidal silver generator

25 gallons red wine

5 lbs white tea

Lot's of niacin in case there's a cigarette shortage

Wooden stakes and silver bullets to fight off bureaucrats

Just the basics.
Great list!

Old 08-05-2009, 10:02 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,327,357 times
I have plenty of hand-sani, but other than that it's business as usual. I don't believe any of the hype that this will be more deadly than usual. The normal flu kills 30K in the USA alone, each year. This has killed less than 2K world wide.

I am slightly more worried, but I remember the hype this spring... you'd have thought the world was ending... and everything just blew over.

I will get the vaccine though. Those of us in the Military have to get the vaccine.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:22 AM

3,422 posts, read 10,902,907 times
Not really anything to prevent it, beyond what I normally do every cold and flu season - lysol, soap, keep taking vitamins, get enough sleep, etc...

Every fall I stock items like saltines, ginger ale, pedialyte, childrens tylenol, adult tylenol, vaporub, expectorant, decongestant, saline spray (like Ocean), tissues and toilet paper.

I have 4 kids and if they get sick one by one I might be stuck in the house for 2 wks straight taking care of them. I don't want to drag a sick kid out to Walgreens just to buy something if I can't find a neighbor who can go to the store for me.

We had a bad snowstorm a few yrs back and the interstate was shut down for a few days, so now I also make sure I have enough food for at least 2 wks in the winter. I usually have more than that in staple foods as well. So, in the event that something happens to delay/limit food delivery to our market (whether weather related or not), I have enough to get by for a little bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness