Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2011, 08:34 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I'd much rather live in a world full of people who were considerate of those around them instead of people who "mind their own business." Fact is, if you're smoking in a public place then your business is also the business of everyone in a 5 foot radius. If being a little judgemental means sparing my lungs, I think it's a fair trade.

If you get to repeat the same thing over again without actually responding, so do I .

I'm not exactly tackling anyone who lights up, but if the guy next to me at a bar starts blowing smoke in my direction, I'm not going to breathe deep and pretend it doesn't bother me.
I'm going to wish you a good day and end this stupid debate. I've got better things to do with my life than argue with an anti.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 12:08 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
People who "mind their own business" are often the considerate ones.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post

Hallelujah !!

Old 12-16-2011, 10:45 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Considerate to whom? The jacka$$ disregarding the health and comfort of those around them? Indeed.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:18 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,139,153 times
Just got some electronic cigarettes, there OK,

I guess there is no smell and there relatively healthy - I think

Old 12-21-2011, 01:02 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Considerate to whom? The jacka$$ disregarding the health and comfort of those around them? Indeed.
It becomes one's business in certain cases. I think smoking should be prohibited in most indoor situations, but it's just plain silly to object to someone smoking outdoors. And I haven't smoked for twenty years.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:16 AM

10 posts, read 82,302 times
Smoking is the best thing if only it wasn't for that whole "kills you" part.

But I don't get the hate?? Honestly, someone explain it. I get not liking things that kills you. But, I don't get why the hate for the smell, the behaviors, etc. I know people who love stinky cheese and then be like, eww cigarettes. Everytime I hear that I think- give me a break. That smells 100x better than that cheese that smells like the bottom of my foot.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadao View Post
Smoking is the best thing if only it wasn't for that whole "kills you" part.

But I don't get the hate?? Honestly, someone explain it. I get not liking things that kills you. But, I don't get why the hate for the smell, the behaviors, etc. I know people who love stinky cheese and then be like, eww cigarettes. Everytime I hear that I think- give me a break. That smells 100x better than that cheese that smells like the bottom of my foot.
My guess is that you are a "young" person that missed out on the years of public brainwashing to hate tobacco,cigarettes and the people that use/consume them.

Tobacco in and of itself is not 'bad' for you when consumed in small amounts like pipe smokers and high quality cigar (there is a difference in cigars!) smokers do. The only thing added to this tobacco is a little food grade flavorings to pipe tobacco's.

Cigarette smokers, on the other hand, are addicted with over 4,000 assorted chemicals that are the root cause of 99.9 % of all smoking related cancers. What's crazy is that it's illegal to add food grade flavorings to cigarettes but not one word is said about all the other deadly chemicals added to cigarettes!!

Old 12-24-2011, 11:51 AM

874 posts, read 1,648,800 times
It's like ingesting chemicals into your body. Might as well snort paint... lol

At first, it was considered "cool" since a lot of celebrities smoked and advertised smoking publicly. When the world found out that it has very negative effects, people started to stop smoking and it became more of a bad addiction that folks look down upon. I'm in 12th grade, and when I smell smoke during class, I can immediately smell out the person who smokes and then I get a headache from such a terrible smell. I don't understand the point of smoking. Sure, it helps you relax, but what of all the negative effects. I'm talking about cigarette smokers, btw.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
It's like ingesting chemicals into your body. Might as well snort paint... lol

At first, it was considered "cool" since a lot of celebrities smoked and advertised smoking publicly. When the world found out that it has very negative effects, people started to stop smoking and it became more of a bad addiction that folks look down upon. I'm in 12th grade, and when I smell smoke during class, I can immediately smell out the person who smokes and then I get a headache from such a terrible smell. I don't understand the point of smoking. Sure, it helps you relax, but what of all the negative effects. I'm talking about cigarette smokers, btw.
Since you are a 12th grader avoid that first cigarette and you'll be way ahead of your peers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation