Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Nudist experinces
Gal - Never been to a nudist anything, no desire to! 66 15.07%
Gal - Never been, but I wouldnt mind trying! 31 7.08%
Gal - Been to a nudist resort/beach once, never again 8 1.83%
Gal - Been to a nudist resort/beach and would go again 48 10.96%
Guy - Never been to a nudist anything, no desire to! 72 16.44%
Guy - Never been, but I wouldnt mind trying! 78 17.81%
Guy - Been to a nudist resort/beach once, never again 13 2.97%
Guy - Been to a nudist resort/beach and would go again 122 27.85%
Voters: 438. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:15 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,463,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaniac View Post
Can you tell me why you guys or girls are into the nudist thing? I do not disapprove at all... I just do not think that I fully understand the appeal. I suspect the reasons vary from nudist to nudist?
for one thing, it makes sense

why would you need special clothes just to go swimming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 08:36 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaniac View Post
Can you tell me why you guys or girls are into the nudist thing? I do not disapprove at all... I just do not think that I fully understand the appeal. I suspect the reasons vary from nudist to nudist?
It just feels natural. You feel a unique freedom. People are generally friendlier since they are not trying to put off a "image" with clothes.

I have been to 2 nuidst resorts one was cheesy and other one was in Ft Lauderdale and it was tame just people being free enjoying each other and not in perverse way.

I have been two to campgrounds and even though one was better than the other I just want to find nudist campground that has more than camping and a swimming pool. I want to kayak and hike nude as well.

There was this federal protected land not to far from me about 2 hour drive and I would do the drive to enjoy the serenity. It was cool place you go down this trail and it had multiple paths. If you took middle path you can pick blackberries and head to the field in middle to lay out. Take trail on left and it led to this beautiful pond to watch the ducks. And the trail on left took you into a pine forest that eventually led to the lake and it would be luke warm in the summer with a sand beach. All the trails eventually led to each other.

It was cool til word of mouth got around to pervs looking for a hookup and I know it comes with the turf but they could least not be looking for a hookup in the parking lot and if they are going to go at it they should have chosen a spot discreet instead of where passerby's would go.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:29 AM

2,408 posts, read 14,395,579 times
Never been but I wanna go! I just wanna do it, just to see what it feels like to be totally naked outdoors. There's a nude beach an hour and a half away from me (Sandy Hook, NJ) and I'll be heading down there once summer comes.

I see from the poll that lots of people are interested in going to one. We should do a nude City Data meet-up!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:37 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,463,360 times
but youll notice its mainly the guys interested. big shock there...

Old 12-16-2007, 08:29 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,122,761 times
Thumbs up Moonstone Beach in RI

Yup,, we discovered Moonstone Beach in RI when we were high school kids looking for adventure. It was a private beach but we always managed to sneak in. Problem is that real nudists don't get excited (or they don't show it) so if we were to walk around and past pretty things we would be "busted"... Hope I managed to get my two cents in while still using good taste

Last edited by RuralCoastalGuy; 12-16-2007 at 08:56 AM..

Old 12-16-2007, 09:52 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
Nudists equate nudity with naturalism rather than sexuality.

After thousands of years of social/religious conditioning, it's difficult to know if this is a real attitude or merely an adopted role.

But, I have never seen a nudist sexually excited around other nudists.

I have however seen many naked perverts involved in various stages of sexual behavior at a "nude beach" south of San Francisco.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:13 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
Try going to Blacks Beach in San Diego ! I used to surf there before work and during my lunch break cuz it was so good and so close to where I worked. The parking lot at the top of the bluff always had a car or two with some dude sitting there with binoculars in one hand and the other hand somewhere else. Down on the beach it was not uncommon for some guy to be walking up and down the beach staring at other folks who are just suntanning and the dude is "at Attention" and all ! A bit disturbing for a very straight guy who just wants to ride a few waves ! Hey don't get me wrong I'm far from being a prude. I went to a nude beach south of San Fransisco with my sister and a bunch of neighbors and we were all laid out in the sun next to the bluff when some girl decided to climb the cliff just above us. I guess she wanted to put on some kind of show as she kept making noises to attract our attention and each time she acquired an audience she would lift a leg out and show some big purple obviously abused private part and then she would let out a howl ! It was amusing for a while but we did leave the beach early due to the annoyance !

Old 12-16-2007, 10:35 AM

108 posts, read 378,731 times
My partner and I have private property which is totally clothing optional in the spring and summer - just never had any desire to involve others.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:14 PM

22,192 posts, read 19,227,493 times
i like the idea of being nude outdoors but in privacy, ie by myself or only with people i know and trust, not others, because I would always feel like I'm on guard, worried, and that would sort of negate the whole relaxation enjoyment factor.

interesting when I sold my home about 15 years ago, a very nice family bought it, mom dad, couple of kids, found out they owned/managed a nudist colony. I was intrigued that they described it as a family atmosphere. But not intrigued enough to try it.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:27 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,376,630 times
When I lived in Germany in the 1970s, I went to several family resort health spas (known there as a Kurort) with my girlfriend and some of her friends or family. Many people in Germany get a prescription from their doctor for one week fully paid stay (paid from their universal health insurance) at a "Kurort" each year. Aside from the healthy dining, exercise routines, massages, walking, swimming pools, there was always a sauna / jacuzzi facility. The sauna / jacuzzi was a "no clothing" zone at most of these spas, and nobody even blinked about it. Men and women shared these facilities and nobody even mentioned it to me in advance because they did not think it was unusual, and really it wasn't.
That attitude doesn't prevail in the US. Aside from isolated beaches or lakes that are many miles from other people, I can't think of many places where a person could have a relaxing or non-awkward experience without clothes in a public place here in the US. That's the obvious reason that nudist resorts exist here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation