Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Nudist experinces
Gal - Never been to a nudist anything, no desire to! 66 15.07%
Gal - Never been, but I wouldnt mind trying! 31 7.08%
Gal - Been to a nudist resort/beach once, never again 8 1.83%
Gal - Been to a nudist resort/beach and would go again 48 10.96%
Guy - Never been to a nudist anything, no desire to! 72 16.44%
Guy - Never been, but I wouldnt mind trying! 78 17.81%
Guy - Been to a nudist resort/beach once, never again 13 2.97%
Guy - Been to a nudist resort/beach and would go again 122 27.85%
Voters: 438. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:43 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaniac View Post
Can you tell me why you guys or girls are into the nudist thing? I do not disapprove at all... I just do not think that I fully understand the appeal. I suspect the reasons vary from nudist to nudist?
Go to the AANR web site, Everything you want to know is their.
Nudist - Experience the enjoyment of being clothes-free and care free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I've been to topless beaches and they were full of leathery, droopy old people. Believe me, the fantasy is better than the reality.
And whats wrong with leathery, droopy old people. WE like to have fun too

Old 02-01-2008, 02:12 PM

Anyone been to Silver Valley or Glen Eden ??

Old 02-02-2008, 08:21 PM

311 posts, read 1,058,302 times
Guy - Never been to a nudist anything, no desire to!

Old 02-08-2008, 02:32 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,603 times
Guy here - I've been to plenty of topless beaches in Europe.
But over there they just call them beaches. No big deal at all.

I live in a town that claims to have the only government-funded clothing-optional beach in the US. Hippie Hollow in Austin, TX (actually the shore of a lake). I have not been. Plenty of public hot springs in Colorado are clothing-optional. I've been to some of those.

If you go to any of these places you will see that they are not the teenage fantasies that they are made out to be. Nudity is not actually all that exciting.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:59 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
I live in a town that claims to have the only government-funded clothing-optional beach in the US. Hippie Hollow in Austin, TX (actually the shore of a lake). I have not been. Plenty of public hot springs in Colorado are clothing-optional. I've been to some of those.
I believe Geddes Beach in NJ is federally supported. Never been.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:07 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I believe Geddes Beach in NJ is federally supported. Never been.
Hmm..well Austin has been known to hype itself up a bit. That's why I said "claims to have..."

Old 02-09-2008, 09:18 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,702 times
I am a nudist. Not a naturist. There is a difference between the two and I want that to be perfectly clear.

A naturist is a closet exhibitionist. That's why they feel they have to have a special title other than "nudist" and they like to go to a public place (nudist resort) to take off their clothes and strut their stuff around other droopy, flabby and out of shape closet exhibitionists.

A nudist, on the other hand, is a person who is comfortable without clothing. They don't have to go anywhere to be nude. They go to bed nude, get up nude, have breakfast nude and do housework nude. They have to get dressed to appease society when they go out, but the rest of the time, they are nude. And they don't appreciate it when friends just drop in because they "were in the neighborhood." Why? Because they are not closet exhibitionists, like those other people.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:44 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,462,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
I am a nudist. Not a naturist. There is a difference between the two and I want that to be perfectly clear.

A naturist is a closet exhibitionist. That's why they feel they have to have a special title other than "nudist" and they like to go to a public place (nudist resort) to take off their clothes and strut their stuff around other droopy, flabby and out of shape closet exhibitionists.

A nudist, on the other hand, is a person who is comfortable without clothing. They don't have to go anywhere to be nude. They go to bed nude, get up nude, have breakfast nude and do housework nude. They have to get dressed to appease society when they go out, but the rest of the time, they are nude. And they don't appreciate it when friends just drop in because they "were in the neighborhood." Why? Because they are not closet exhibitionists, like those other people.
a nudist in maine?

Old 02-10-2008, 08:18 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
a nudist in maine?
Of course. There are nudists in Alaska. That's not to say we go outside and shovel snow nude. We do protect ourselves from the elements just like most people have a means of cooling their homes in the summer and heating them in the winter. When the temperature dips and we have to go out, we put something on to protect ourselves from the elements. But why wear something in a house that you keep at a comfortable temperature?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation