Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Nudist experinces
Gal - Never been to a nudist anything, no desire to! 66 15.07%
Gal - Never been, but I wouldnt mind trying! 31 7.08%
Gal - Been to a nudist resort/beach once, never again 8 1.83%
Gal - Been to a nudist resort/beach and would go again 48 10.96%
Guy - Never been to a nudist anything, no desire to! 72 16.44%
Guy - Never been, but I wouldnt mind trying! 78 17.81%
Guy - Been to a nudist resort/beach once, never again 13 2.97%
Guy - Been to a nudist resort/beach and would go again 122 27.85%
Voters: 438. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 07:12 PM

228 posts, read 460,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro View Post
my partner and i have private property which is totally clothing optional in the spring and summer - just never had any desire to involve others.

hahahahahaha!!!!!:d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 08:44 AM

648 posts, read 1,641,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Another Californian here, i'm with you nothing wrong with my body, except i have very very large breasts, i would be thinking that i am being made fun at, or being stared at, maybe i am not programed right. I agree for my husband's viewing only. Most nudists think of it as being in a natural State, and then you have the perverts, that are only doing it for one thing only.

Yeah like my SO who just wants everyone to see his member. whatever..

Old 06-16-2010, 12:43 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,377,574 times
Default get near nature and your clothes just fall off.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaniac View Post
Can you tell me why you guys or girls are into the nudist thing? I do not disapprove at all... I just do not think that I fully understand the appeal. I suspect the reasons vary from nudist to nudist?
all the wild hotsprings in British Columbia are clothes optional and always have been. Wreck Beach near the University of B.C. has been the one place in the city. But get way, way out into the forest and it just seems obvious that clothing has to go!

Old 08-29-2011, 01:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,579 times
Exclamation Ready to go nude Today...help!!!

i live in the s.f. valley and have always been curious about going to a nude beach or nudist thing and I'm male and single but not looking for men unless as a friend i guess.....anyone know where i can go Monday.?...Which is Today!?? Thankyou

Old 08-29-2011, 04:02 AM

591 posts, read 866,368 times
I went to the infamous Devil's Slide in NorCal once back in the day.

It was a deal where my friend's friend spontaneously asked if we wanted to tag along - the friend's friend's gf was going to go nude, so we thought, sure.

When I got there, I saw how sculpted the other people were and I kept my clothes on, as did my friend and HIS friend (the louse!); after all, my friend and I were pasty (indoors a lot) musicians in a band, we had like guitar-arm-and beer-can-holding muscles, not much else LMAO.

The friend's friend's gf was a solid 10, could have been in Playboy, way better than most I'd seen in that mag, truth be told. It was my first run in with an exhibitionist.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:50 PM

780 posts, read 1,344,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
I wouldn't be able to control myself. I'd imagine walking around at attention because of all the sexy ladies. And I'd find the desire to "mate".
I'm guessing everyone just goes on about their business as if they had clothes on?
Do people "mate" in the open for all to watch? lol...I guess I am not educated on the subject.
Not sure if someone already responding to you on this thread yet as I just stumbled across it, but no, people don't "mate" in the open at a nudist beach. They could try it, but if they're caught, they're usually subjected to indecency laws and such.

Yes, the actual naturists or nudists aren't there for sex or to gawk at people of the opposite/same sex for sexual advances. Actually, most folks at nudist beaches/resorts are about the most open, honest, friendly people you'd ever meet. What have they got to hide?

Old 10-23-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Can you tell me why you guys or girls are into the nudist thing? I do not disapprove at all... I just do not think that I fully understand the appeal. I suspect the reasons vary from nudist to nudist?

As a fellow naturist myself, it is the ultimate freedom!

Whether you're sunbathing, skinny dipping, hiking, playing tennis, volleyball, or even something as simple as gardening, etc. doing so in a natural state is so enjoyable when you can feel the air and sun on your skin.

Surprisingly, it also helps to overcome many barriers in social situations too, and naturists generally lead longer lives because of the vitamin D from the sun they take in over clothed folks, and the stress-reliever that living life all natural, provides.

True, most of the reasons vary widely, but being free and enjoying the air against your skin are usually things that naturists have in common.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
but youll notice its mainly the guys interested. big shock there...
Yeah, I can say we do enjoy the activity very much :-)

Sometimes though you'll actually see more women skinny dipping then men, and if your hiking nude, when you come across other hikers, the men will be more offended by it than the women....

Maybe just not enough nudist women took the poll :-)

Old 10-23-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Well it seems you are different than what the pro-nudist is [I think] saying here. Most everyone talks about the personal, introspective sense of freedom and enjoyment you get when not having clothes. Not the physical appearance of others that are there.

Unless I missed it, no pro-nudist mentioned the enjoyment of viewing other people's nude bodies (did I miss it? not 100% sure). If that is the case, that it is a personal experience of freedom, why is it necessary to do it where other people are nude too? Doesn't walking around your house or apartment bring the same enjoyment then? Maybe if you put a fence up around your pool you could do the same thing there with no worries.

Is it my problem that I, admittedly, fantasize to some extent if I see a nude female form? I can say that in my teens, going to a nudist beach would definitely not have worked. Annoyingly, there were a couple attractive teachers I had that merely had to walk into the classroom for me to respond in a certain way (that is inappropriate at a nudist resort). Now at my physical age and level of emotional maturity I suspect I would not necessarily react in that involuntary way at a nudist beach. Nevertheless, I would likely sexually fantasize about most nude women that came within sight. I would not stair at them. But I would see them, and that's probably all it takes for my imagination to get triggered. That's the way I am, I am programmed that way, I am comfortable with it, and I see no reason to change it. Despite my nature, I am non-sexist and treat both sexes with respect regardless of the situation or environment. So because of this, am I NOT someone that should go to a nudist resort?
No, those are spontaneous feelings, and while people don't go to nudist resorts because the other sex is appealing, they do realize that humans are programmed a certain way and usually if this occurs, just put a towel over your waist ( or fold the towel you're sitting on, over your waist as well. )

I think at nudist resorts and nude beaches where nudists hang out, these situations are rare. Sex has a time and place in any relationship, but not on a nudist beach or at a nudist resort. Most resorts are pretty strict with making any advancements towards the other sex, in a sexual manner and you're usually immediately thrown out of the resort if this occurs and banned from returning.

If you're at a nudist beach and you get excited, simply either put a towel, or hat over it or just roll over on your stomach until the urge goes away ( or quickly get into the water at the beach. Most of the time the water is so cold, it usually does the trick

Old 10-23-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
But, the majority of people you will see on "Nude Beaches" these days are neither Nudists nor Naturalists.
They are more likely to be Exhibitionists, Voyeurs, or Naked Perverts.
This is dependent on which nude beach you visit.

I have seen some that are full of perverts ( cruisers and such ) and others where they were genuinely naturalists.

IMO, nudists could be anyone that chooses to visit a nude beach and partake in the activities there. A naturalist is someone who firmly believes in being nude as often as possible and will usually seek out ventures they could do nude such as swimming or hiking. Naturalists are more serious about the lifestyle I believe.

Myself, I am a naturalist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation