Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Nudist experinces
Gal - Never been to a nudist anything, no desire to! 66 15.07%
Gal - Never been, but I wouldnt mind trying! 31 7.08%
Gal - Been to a nudist resort/beach once, never again 8 1.83%
Gal - Been to a nudist resort/beach and would go again 48 10.96%
Guy - Never been to a nudist anything, no desire to! 72 16.44%
Guy - Never been, but I wouldnt mind trying! 78 17.81%
Guy - Been to a nudist resort/beach once, never again 13 2.97%
Guy - Been to a nudist resort/beach and would go again 122 27.85%
Voters: 438. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 10:59 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,604,435 times

Advertisements

Do you know if there are any around San Antonio ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 11:44 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,948,153 times
The only one I went to was when I was still in the Navy... went for a port call to St. Maartin. The island is divided into two cultures... Dutch (south side) and French (north side). In the French side.. there was a nude beach. To be honest... the Americans were the only ones gawking!!

The people there were just as relaxed as the day is long. No hang ups (big or small... you determine what... )... walk up to the bar... order a drink.. talk for a bit and move on. Activities were like any beach in American sans clothes.

I would go again to one, but not here in America. Too many hangups in our society.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:31 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,459,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
The only one I went to was when I was still in the Navy... went for a port call to St. Maartin. The island is divided into two cultures... Dutch (south side) and French (north side). In the French side.. there was a nude beach. To be honest... the Americans were the only ones gawking!!

The people there were just as relaxed as the day is long. No hang ups (big or small... you determine what... )... walk up to the bar... order a drink.. talk for a bit and move on. Activities were like any beach in American sans clothes.

I would go again to one, but not here in America. Too many hangups in our society.
i know. damn puritans!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Austin has some lakes i hear.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:52 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,981,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
This site will give you everything you ever wanted to know about nudist clubs and where you can be naked in Texas:

Naked In Texas - www.nakedintexas.com

Please note that RIverside Ranch Resort is just a short trip from San Antonio!

Enjoy!

Old 10-24-2008, 05:28 PM

62 posts, read 200,896 times
Well it is like anything. If it doesn't make sense to you, then it probably is not for you. Most of the people that go, just enjoy feeling the sense of freedom it brings. I had one person describe it as "imagine going through life all the time with gloves on. There are a lot of sensations that you would miss out on because the sensitivity is not there. He said the same thing is true with clothes. You go through out life with 90% of your body covered and there are sensations and nuances that you just don't experience." I have thought about that and it makes sense. But I think that it is one of those things that if everyone ran around with out clothes, after a while, you would hardly ever notice. I think it is the novelty and the "forbidden" aspect right now that makes it such a titillating subject. But friends I have that are naturists really enjoy it. I guess it is like hunting or fishing or jumping out of airplanes. Some will, some won't and some can't figure out why in the heck anyone would want to do such a thing. To each their own.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:41 PM

485 posts, read 1,313,924 times
1977-Russian River
Never again!
Interesting, to say the least!!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:53 PM

754 posts, read 1,448,848 times
I've been to a clothing optional resort and it was a blast. I went with a friend and we were uncomfortable for the first 2 or 3 days but when you're there and you notice that you're the only one making a big deal out of it, you do kinda get over it. But I actually stayed on the clothed side the most. I went to the nude side maybe 4 times (the first time was the worst). But I just figured since I was there why not? I looked at it this way, 10 years from now what would I regret more, going or not going. So I went, it was cool. Fortunately there were actually some attractive people there so I had something to look at while I pretended to read my book. However, you should've heard the pep talk my friend and I gave each other in order to walk to the bar . Amazingly, after a few trips to the bar we forgot all about the being completely naked in a sea of strangers part .

Old 10-26-2008, 06:40 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,909,043 times
I've got no interest to see or be seen at one of these places! But, I have no qualms at all at anyone who likes them. Have at it!

Old 10-27-2008, 05:13 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,142,687 times
^haha.
Actually, I think most people who enjoy these places also have no interest in seeing or being seen. They enjoy them for many, many reasons - but I think voyeurism and exhibitionism are very low on the list.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:17 PM

7 posts, read 20,126 times
We're both nudists and love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation