Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 10:14 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times

Advertisements

For the same reason why the penalty is over once the goal is scored during a PP for a minor penalty and the guy comes out of the box or if there is a double minor and a goal is scored during the first minor and they erase the remainder of that penalty time while serving the full remaining 2 minutes of the 2nd (unless of course another goal is scored)

here is the NHL rule

Quote:
15.2 Calling a Minor Penalty – Goal Scored - If the penalty to be imposed is a minor penalty and a goal is scored on the play by the non-offending side, the minor penalty shall not be imposed but major and match penalties shall be imposed in the normal manner regardless of whether or not a goal is scored.

If two or more minor penalties were to be imposed and a goal is scored on the play by the non-offending side, the Captain of the offending team shall designate to the Referee which minor penalty(ies) will be assessed and which minor penalty will be washed out as a result of the scoring of the goal.
I believe the exception to clearing a minor penalty witha goal is a penalty shot goal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 12:15 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
If the Kings complete the sweep, and the Rangers win the East playing a full series, the Kings will begin the Stanley Cup series having played eight less playoff games on their way to the big show, not to mention the extra rest time.

Could history finally be in the making for L.A.? The Kings are already the first eighth seed to knock off the #1 and #2 seeds, and in beautiful fashion nonetheless. This could be the year!

GO KINGS!
Barring some unforseen change in the way the Kings are playing, which is solid on so many levels and in so many key areas, the Kings who are now up 3-0 on Phoenix are on their way to the Cup Finals. Last night showed me again why this team is THAT good. Kopizar in a postgame interview stressed as a team why they are focusing on among other things not taking bad penalties. I think for the most part they are following that advice from Sutter. Remember that the Coyotes were the least penalized team in the league this year.

I think the Kings will sweep Phoenix and have a nice rest period. The only drawback sometimes to that is getting rusty between the end of one series and the start of another. The Kings however don't show that to be a problem this year in the playoffs. I'm going to give my Stanley Cup Finals analysis once the Series opponents are set. Still thinking Rangers and Devils is probably going 7 games.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:17 AM

11,261 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
For the same reason why the penalty is over once the goal is scored during a PP for a minor penalty and the guy comes out of the box or if there is a double minor and a goal is scored during the first minor and they erase the remainder of that penalty time while serving the full remaining 2 minutes of the 2nd (unless of course another goal is scored)
That's interesting. Thanks for posting that. I can't recall ever noticing that before. I can understand why a goal cancels out the PP, but not why it cancels it out before a PP even starts. It just seems weird and unjust to me. But hey, the rules are the rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Barring some unforseen change in the way the Kings are playing, which is solid on so many levels and in so many key areas, the Kings who are now up 3-0 on Phoenix are on their way to the Cup Finals. Last night showed me again why this team is THAT good. Kopizar in a postgame interview stressed as a team why they are focusing on among other things not taking bad penalties. I think for the most part they are following that advice from Sutter. Remember that the Coyotes were the least penalized team in the league this year.

I think the Kings will sweep Phoenix and have a nice rest period. The only drawback sometimes to that is getting rusty between the end of one series and the start of another. The Kings however don't show that to be a problem this year in the playoffs. I'm going to give my Stanley Cup Finals analysis once the Series opponents are set. Still thinking Rangers and Devils is probably going 7 games.
Good analysis!

Go Kings!!!

Old 05-19-2012, 12:36 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
It's very common .... Basically since it's a dead puck the minute the penalized team gets a good touch the advantage starts at that time

Old 05-20-2012, 08:23 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,060,436 times
Thank you Doan and Smith!!!

Old 05-20-2012, 09:00 PM

11,261 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Did the real Yotes actually show up to play, or did the real Kings decide to take the day off?

Old 05-21-2012, 04:00 AM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Did the real Yotes actually show up to play, or did the real Kings decide to take the day off?
Probably a little of both.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:25 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,823,674 times
Where's the rest of the Coyotes offense? You can't just have 1 guy scoring.
Either Lundqvist is a god or the Devils can't aim.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:51 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
Where's the rest of the Coyotes offense? You can't just have 1 guy scoring.
Either Lundqvist is a god or the Devils can't aim.
Lundqvist is a god

Old 05-21-2012, 02:05 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
Lundqvist is a god
This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey