Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 05:25 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,823,674 times

Advertisements

Yeah Caps had Game 5 wrapped up and then took that stupid penalty. Are you going to the game alone? Covering up when you walk in / walk out is a great idea. There will be other Washington fans there, you should be OK.

The flyers need a great goalie, that has got to be their priority. Bryz scored a goal on himself, I wish they had put Bobrov in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 05:29 AM

So if the Blues found out they were being sold, might that have affected their performance?

Old 05-11-2012, 06:08 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
Yeah Caps had Game 5 wrapped up and then took that stupid penalty. Are you going to the game alone? Covering up when you walk in / walk out is a great idea. There will be other Washington fans there, you should be OK.

The flyers need a great goalie, that has got to be their priority. Bryz scored a goal on himself, I wish they had put Bobrov in.
Yeah, I'm almost always a party of one. I went to all 3 Caps - Rangers playoff games at The Verizon Center by myself.

What gets me on that "stupid penalty" by Joel Ward was that Hunter started him for Game 6. He did not deserve that honor. He's been a disappointment this season as I expected more. I do not expect to see him back next season.

I just hope nothing happens after the game. And I'm not going to be too happy if I get heckled or have stuff thrown at me either. Then again maybe NY fans will behave themselves but I'm wondering if that is too much to expect.

I always see other Caps fans attending road games. It will be interesting to see how many show up Saturday night. I saw quite a few tickets for sale on the Ticket Exchange and StubHub but they were pricey. Maybe some of those selling had out of town Mothers Day plans.

GO CAPS!

I've been a fan since 1975 (second year) and I feel that if they win Saturday they have a shot to go all the way.
Young defensive duo of John Carlson and Karl Alzner have really stepped it up and the last few games Mike Green, after missing most of this season, looks like he is in mid-season form.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:54 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,060,436 times
Quote:
So if the Blues found out they were being sold, might that have affected their performance?
lol, IMHO, no,,, the Kings were just that much better than (Vancouver) and the Blues, took one heck of a ride their last ~15 games into the playoffs and just dominated us both. We came in relatively flat the last few games of the season, got luckily past the Sharks [games were closer than what the series indicated], and then found truth when play started against a team that was more in sync & control. If Petro hadn't got hurt,,, if Halak hadn't got hurt,,, if they hadn't come out so flat,,, if this and that... maybe slightly different outcome. But the sale, new owners,,, no, I really don't believe any influence at all.

With that said, here is to the new owners - they sound awesomely committed, and quite supportive of what it takes to help this team go further. Such has been lacking for so long,,, this is gonna be great [I hope!].

Old 05-12-2012, 05:08 PM

OK, OK I know, shut up about the Flyers already, but has anyone else heard Bryzgalov referred to as "breeze by glove"? I am LMAO. My husband's friend in PA said to him "they'd have been better off with you in net, and for half price!"

Old 05-12-2012, 07:58 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Quote:
OK, OK I know, shut up about the Flyers already, but has anyone else heard Bryzgalov referred to as "breeze by glove"? I am LMAO. My husband's friend in PA said to him "they'd have been better off with you in net, and for half price!"
I'm happy a certain overpriced net minder is no longer in Phoenix.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:32 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I'm happy a certain overpriced net minder is no longer in Phoenix.
We would have never beaten Chicago if we were still stuck with that guy. We got a better goalie, and saved a ton of money. Great move by the FO.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:45 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
LMAO!

And you can talk about the Flyers all you want. I'll listen.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:39 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,094,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
My first round in the East was fairly good (NYR in 7, WSH in 7, NJ in 5 (FLA really surpised me, NJ in 7), PHI in 7 (Pit also surprised me, but in a bad way, PHI in 6) .

The West was another story. I got Van-LA & PHX-Chi right with the # of games, but had the wrong teams. LA ended up playing solid hockey and Smith stood on his head for PHX. The STL-SJ series was a terrible prediction. SJ looked like lame ducks. NSH was the only series I chose the wnning team, but was off by one game.

Round 2 Predictions:
NYR v. WAS- NYR has to play another mediocre team that plays with a lot of heart. I have them winning, but it is going to take everything they have. NYR in 7.

Phi v. NJ- Philly is playing a NJ team that can play defense. I like Philly, but it is going to be a lot closer games with much tighter checking games. Philly in 6.

STL v. LA- LA owned STL in the regular season, and I see it continuing in the post-season. LA in 6.

PHX v. NSH- The two best goalies in the league face-off. I give the edge to NSH because of better special teams. NSH in 6.
Round 2 was decent for me...NJ and PHX surprised me. I was right on about the NYR-Was series and LA did dominate STL, although the amount of domination is something that surprised me.

Round 3...
LA v. PHX- I am staying on the LA bandwagon and picking them to win out in a very tight series. LA in 7.

NYR v. NJ- This should be one hell of a series that should have everything...except for a lot of offense. I expect a lot of OT games. I'm taking NYR to edge out NJ because of a better offense. NYR in 6.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:15 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Rangers over Caps in 6

Devils over Flyers in 7

LA over St. Louis in 5

Phoenix over Nashville in 6
Game numbers wrong across the board but I picked all the winners.

Devils in 6

Coyotes in 6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey