Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 01:01 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,763,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
Nope lol

Jazzy,

That is cruel and unusual punishment. LOL I hope for my sake the Isles stay on the Island, hope they bring back the seaman jersey, that was cool.
OMG...someone actually liked the Gorton's filet o' fish jersey???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 08:43 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,735,216 times
lol ha ha I don't remember that jersey for some reason. but i bet it's hilarious. What's with the Islanders all of a sudden winning??!!

Old 03-13-2009, 09:40 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,763,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
lol ha ha I don't remember that jersey for some reason. but i bet it's hilarious. What's with the Islanders all of a sudden winning??!!
THE TALE OF THE FISHERMAN JERSEYOr, Shame and Mutiny on the Bounty · islanderspointblank.com

The Ises are riding the back of Yann Danis! Glad I picked him up for my fantasy team!

Old 03-14-2009, 05:18 PM

7,936 posts, read 9,160,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
OMG...someone actually liked the Gorton's filet o' fish jersey???
LOL, I still wear mine "proudly" at games. Its so bad, that it actually grows on you over time

Old 03-16-2009, 08:59 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,735,216 times
man those jersey's are ugly and i thought our Sabres new old logo suxs. We went back to retro thank god

Old 04-01-2009, 06:40 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,791,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
KC WILL have a team. Liewicke seems bound and determined. He feels he's owed a franchise from the league for his part in getting the Pens a new arena from PA. For those who don't remember, it was his ownership group's outrageous bid on the Pens that got city and state government back at the table to find a way to finance the new arena in Pittsburgh.

IMO, the past in KC is the past. I think a franchise could do well there. All the KC people say the Scouts were ill-promoted and doomed to failure. I don't know how factual that is but an NHL franchise in KC makes a lot more sense to me than one in Phoenix....
They only gave the Scouts 2 seasons in KC before moving them, they shouldve given them a couple of more years.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:01 PM

137 posts, read 656,710 times
I would like to see winnipeg get a team again!!

I feel the hockey interest in KC would start out great but dwindle.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:53 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,864,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry2 View Post
I would like to see winnipeg get a team again!!

I feel the hockey interest in KC would start out great but dwindle.
It just depends on how good they are the first few years. The novelty of it would be the biggest draw at first.
If a team does well in KC, it's a big enough sports town to support just about anything in any sport. I've seen quite a bit of support and interest for the NHL here.

We've stuck with the stinkin' Royals, for crying out loud... with decent size crowds even in the worst of times. Baseball's probably third behind the NFL and college basketball in terms of popularity in KC.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:45 AM

451 posts, read 695,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I think KC is a more viable market than Atlanta, Nashville or Florida. I'd like to see another Canadian team but a big city in Canada is only 500,000 people. Hardly big enough to attract the corporate support that the team (and league) desires. KC would be a good fit wit STL, DAL, CHI, MIN. Just like the old Norris division sans DET.

Disagree on Atlanta. Thats a management issue. IMO, the only city in the South that deserves a team in every sport regardless of popularity is Atlanta. To hell with the rest but Atlanta is the capital of the South. It truly deserves all 4 teams. You put a winning team on the ice like what happened with Carolina and Dallas and the support will come in droves.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:49 AM

451 posts, read 695,464 times
Kansas City should have a team. Theyve got the arena, and Long Island doesnt at this point. The past is in the past. Its a growing city, and KC and STL would have a great rivalry.

Who honestly said the Kings? They're not going ANYWHERE. The NHL needs big market teams, it survives on them. That said, LA is going nowhere.

Let the Isles move to KC, change the name, colors, everything. Its sad because its a team with history but its also a business. The only reason the Isles are even remotely relevant now are because they have 4 Cups from 20+ years ago.

I approve the move to KC. They should be good with Tavares and Okposo and co. soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey