U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-25-2010, 02:24 PM
 
12,671 posts, read 21,054,320 times
Reputation: 2625

Advertisements

Sharks are the hottest team right now. No one can beat us.

 
Old 04-25-2010, 03:29 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,272,466 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Sharks are the hottest team right now. No one can beat us.

They don't look too bad when they're not shooting the puck in their own net......beating the Avs in 6 games is nothing to beat your chest over.....before you start planning your Stanley Cup parade route lets wait and see what happens when you face a "contender" ?
 
Old 04-25-2010, 03:42 PM
 
7,979 posts, read 11,657,672 times
Reputation: 10473
Ohhh I'm so sad
 
Old 04-25-2010, 05:12 PM
 
1,966 posts, read 3,848,786 times
Reputation: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Nice comback by the Pens...or should I say another choke job by the Sens.
So true Oildog, no reason for Sens to choke that game away even with the disallowed goal (which was a good call BTW).

San Jose showed why they were the top team in the west with the way they scored those goals after the Avs took the lead late in the the third last night.

Wings fail to close out Coyotes today at the Joe Canucks try to close out Kings tonight at Staples.

Tomorrow, 2 key game 6's. Caps should be playing with fire after letting the game slip away Friday.
 
Old 04-25-2010, 05:32 PM
 
12,671 posts, read 21,054,320 times
Reputation: 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
They don't look too bad when they're not shooting the puck in their own net......beating the Avs in 6 games is nothing to beat your chest over.....before you start planning your Stanley Cup parade route lets wait and see what happens when you face a "contender" ?
You do understand that Sharks dominated the Avs in every category. The only reason Avs won 2 games is because of Sharks own players letting the goal at thier own net. This would have been a clean sweep. In this series Sharks have shown to stay calm when down in the series and they have come through in the clutch thanks to the series MVP Pavelski.
 
Old 04-25-2010, 06:15 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,272,466 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
You do understand that Sharks dominated the Avs in every category. The only reason Avs won 2 games is because of Sharks own players letting the goal at thier own net. This would have been a clean sweep. In this series Sharks have shown to stay calm when down in the series and they have come through in the clutch thanks to the series MVP Pavelski.


If If If ??? Lets see how well you do when you face a true "contender"........The Avs are hardly contenders and I doubt if there are any true "contenders" in the West that match up well against several of the teams in the East......The Sharks have a long way to go in shedding their label as playoff chokers who never play up to expectations every year.......and shooting the puck in your own net doesn't help eliminate that label If I were you I'd refrain from celebrating minor accomplishments like beating the Avs in 6 until you make the finals ?
 
Old 04-25-2010, 07:14 PM
 
Location: San Jose
1,857 posts, read 2,093,219 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
If If If ??? Lets see how well you do when you face a true "contender"........The Avs are hardly contenders and I doubt if there are any true "contenders" in the West that match up well against several of the teams in the East......The Sharks have a long way to go in shedding their label as playoff chokers who never play up to expectations every year.......and shooting the puck in your own net doesn't help eliminate that label If I were you I'd refrain from celebrating minor accomplishments like beating the Avs in 6 until you make the finals ?
The Pacific did pretty well against the east this season... especially the Sharks:

Pacific GP W L OT Pts vs EAST vs ATL vs NE vs SE
z - San Jose Sharks
82 51 20 11 113 12-4-2 5-1-0 4-1-1 3-2-1
x - Phoenix Coyotes
82 50 25 7 107 11-6-1 4-1-1 3-3-0 4-2-0
x - Los Angeles Kings
82 46 27 9 101 14-4-0 5-2-0 5-1-0 4-1-0
Anaheim Ducks
82 39 32 11 89 9-7-2 2-4-0 3-1-2 4-2-0
Dallas Stars
82 37 31 14 88 7-9-2 2-5-0 2-3-0 3-1-2
 
Old 04-25-2010, 07:17 PM
 
Location: San Jose
1,857 posts, read 2,093,219 times
Reputation: 540
That didn't format very well, here's a link:
2009-2010 Standings by Division vs East - NHL.com - Standings

The Sharks were 12-4-2 against the East and 5-1-0 against the Atlantic.
True, regular season... but, the Sharks handled the East pretty well.

They've had their issues in past playoffs but I wouldn't sell them short just yet.
 
Old 04-25-2010, 07:26 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,272,466 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
That didn't format very well, here's a link:
2009-2010 Standings by Division vs East - NHL.com - Standings

The Sharks were 12-4-2 against the East and 5-1-0 against the Atlantic.
True, regular season... but, the Sharks handled the East pretty well.

They've had their issues in past playoffs but I wouldn't sell them short just yet.

If you wish to call continually failing to play up to expectations and being ousted by inferior teams "playoff issues" then perhaps it might not be wise to be celebrating what should be an expected victory over the Avs until you make it past a few rounds of the playoffs and at least make the finals ? When you can stop shooting the puck in your own net I'd allow my hopes to rise a little.
 
Old 04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
 
Location: San Jose
1,857 posts, read 2,093,219 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
If you wish to call continually failing to play up to expectations and being ousted by inferior teams "playoff issues" then perhaps it might not be wise to be celebrating what should be an expected victory over the Avs until you make it past a few rounds of the playoffs and at least make the finals ? When you can stop shooting the puck in your own net I'd allow my hopes to rise a little.
They won the series... that's reason enough to celebrate. All of the teams that made the playoffs are tough... and upsets happen. Look at the Flyers. Plus, I do think that Nicholl and Malhotra are making a big difference.

We'll see how far they'll go. I'm certainly not celebrating a 'Cup' win now. I realize that even though they had the most points during the regular season that there are several teams in the conference that could beat them in the playoffs... without it being considered an upset (at least by me). On the other hand, I think it's a little soon for you to write them off.

The Sharks played well and I am enjoying the win and yes, my hopes are up. No reason for them not to be at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top