U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-07-2010, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,368,561 times
Reputation: 3070

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Not the kind of news you should be mentioning to a blackhawks fan
Stats like that don't bother me as they are worthless, the Hawks losing a game in Philly in 1998 means nothing to Wednesdays night game. Same thing with the fact the Wings went up 3-2 last year and still lost, its just noise. I am not super confident that they will go into Philly and get a win, but those stats have nothing to do with whether or not they do.

 
Old 06-07-2010, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Highland, CA (formerly Newark, NJ)
6,183 posts, read 4,994,735 times
Reputation: 2150
 
Old 06-07-2010, 05:28 PM
 
Location: The canyon (with my pistols and knife)
13,226 posts, read 17,981,442 times
Reputation: 14673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Stats like that don't bother me as they are worthless, the Hawks losing a game in Philly in 1998 means nothing to Wednesdays night game. Same thing with the fact the Wings went up 3-2 last year and still lost, its just noise. I am not super confident that they will go into Philly and get a win, but those stats have nothing to do with whether or not they do.
I wasn't necessarily saying that last year's Stanley Cup Finals are relevant to this year's. (Niether team made it back this year anyway.) All I'm saying is that nobody has won anything until one of the teams wins a fourth game and citing an example.
 
Old 06-07-2010, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,368,561 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I wasn't necessarily saying that last year's Stanley Cup Finals are relevant to this year's. (Niether team made it back this year anyway.) All I'm saying is that nobody has won anything until one of the teams wins a fourth game and citing an example.
Ya, my bad, my comment was poor timing, I wasn't even referring to you, but I had heard it mentioned about 8 times on the AM dial this morning, just left over rage since then...
 
Old 06-07-2010, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Highland, CA (formerly Newark, NJ)
6,183 posts, read 4,994,735 times
Reputation: 2150
Why is there an extra day between games?
 
Old 06-07-2010, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,368,561 times
Reputation: 3070
Good Q and it totally screws me too since I have class that night...luckily my prof said that he would let us out by 815 CST so I should be able to see the last 60% of the game.
 
Old 06-08-2010, 07:35 AM
 
Location: Philaburbia
32,405 posts, read 59,910,649 times
Reputation: 54063
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Why is there an extra day between games?
I need the extra day to get over the last game.
 
Old 06-08-2010, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Highland, CA (formerly Newark, NJ)
6,183 posts, read 4,994,735 times
Reputation: 2150
If anything they should have the extra day between games 6 and 7 if it goes that far. This time off is killing me.
 
Old 06-09-2010, 12:54 PM
 
67 posts, read 58,836 times
Reputation: 18
I hope the Blackhawks close the Flyers out. I hate no team more than the Flyers, they are my rivals.
 
Old 06-09-2010, 01:12 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,361,358 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by anp1983 View Post
I hope the Blackhawks close the Flyers out. I hate no team more than the Flyers, they are my rivals.
I agree, let's hope the Blackhawks can close this sh*T out tonight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top