Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 06:05 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,097,668 times

Advertisements

How am I supposed to put it in my dining room now? I'll be thinking of your bathroom while I'm eating.. LOL

It's ok though.. I'm still looking for THAT perfect rug that has a few colors in it.

We're going to HD again tonight.. I should get a job there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 06:06 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
I have to check out this rug in person. In the picture it looks all dark, dull and muted and doesn't seem to have many color options.

I'll look at it when Hubby and I have a Home Depot date of our own this week. You're not alone in that regard.

Since you keep mentioning in the living room, it's probably a good idea to see what's going on in your living room.

When you post pictures of the window, post one of the living room too.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:57 AM

I'm still on the lookout for the perfect rug.

The HD rug is just a silvery blue with varying shades of sandy gold flowers. I'm just drawn to blue but, I'd really like to stay away from too much blue in the room. So, I think that one is out. I really like the rug you showed me, but I can't find anything resembling that that's not made of wool. I'll keep looking.

I can't find the camera..I'll ask my son when he gets home if he 'borrowed' it.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:11 PM

Are you really afraid of wool? Wool is very durable and stain resistant compared to synthetic carpets. It can be easily spot cleaned. Stains come out of wool much more readily. Some stains that can't be completely removed from synthetics can be removed from wool. You spot clean regularly as needed and send it out for a professional cleaning once every couple of years. I personally prefer wool. Since wool will last almost forever, consider the professional cleaning an investment. In the long run, you're spending less money on cleaning than you would on replacing non-wool carpets more often. It really comes down to doing a little research on how to properly care for a wool rug. It's not harder, not by a long shot.

Here's an excellent site on wool carpet maintenance that includes detailed explanation and chart on cleaning spills and stains:

Wool Carpet Maintenance and Cleaning | Unique Carpets, Ltd. (http://www.uniquecarpetsltd.com/care-and-maintenance/wool-carpet-maintenance-and-cleaning - broken link)

Old 01-31-2012, 12:24 PM

Definitely don't want wool. I have a beautiful wool persian all rolled up in the back of my basement that needs to be sent out to be cleaned. I need something that I can just run my carpet cleaner over occasionally and that will dry fast. The wool one stayed wet forever.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
Definitely don't want wool. I have a beautiful wool persian all rolled up in the back of my basement that needs to be sent out to be cleaned. I need something that I can just run my carpet cleaner over occasionally and that will dry fast. The wool one stayed wet forever.
You should never clean a wool carpet with a carpet cleaner.

What's the one in the basement look like? Can it work for the dining room?

It would be cheaper to have it cleaned than buying a new rug.

If not, keep looking. I'm looking forward to seeing the perfect rug you love when you find it.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:52 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times

Minaret Area Rug - Traditional Rugs - Machine-made Rugs - Rugs | HomeDecorators.com

Here is the link to the page with "green" synthetic rugs....
8x10 Area Rugs - 8x12 and 8x11 Large Area Rug Sizes | HomeDecorators.com

Old 01-31-2012, 01:27 PM

That's a nice one. I'm wondering if it might be too dark if the OP needs to paint the chairs white.

And a lighter color carpet will look better with the darker curtains.

Maybe these. I like the one on the left the best. It has more colors in it.

http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Sult..._Area_Rug/660/

http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Sojo...ea_Rug_II/620/

Old 01-31-2012, 02:53 PM

All the rugs above look nice. Thanks for those links. I really have to see it in person especially with greens. We have a carpet store around here and they sell persians so I'll check there.

Hopefully, I'll find THE one.

The rug in the basement wouldn't work up here. It's almost like a teal color and there are other brighter colors in it.. it has purple in it too.
I had it in my family room downstairs.
I'm looking for more of a subdued carpet for up here.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:29 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That's a nice one. I'm wondering if it might be too dark if the OP needs to paint the chairs white.

And a lighter color carpet will look better with the darker curtains.

Maybe these. I like the one on the left the best. It has more colors in it.

Sultanabad Area Rug - Synthetic Rugs - Traditional Rugs - Rugs | HomeDecorators.com

Sojourn Area Rug II - Transitional Rugs - Synthetic Rugs - Rugs | HomeDecorators.com

Those are definitely nice too! I guess one of the things I like about a little bit darker rug under a table, especially if it's painted a light color, is that you have that wonderful contrast of dark to light. Also, at least in our home, a light colored rug under the dining room table would be a disaster! We rarely take our shoes off in the house either, so light colored area rugs are never a good idea around here. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating