Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 02:38 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,991,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Whew - finished the office today - here it is, before and after!
You are seriously on a roll! Man... I thought I was crazy with decorating, but you are putting me to shame right now.

As for what I'm working on, I'm still trying to gather accessories for one of my spare bedrooms. The colors are black, white and red. I have a large wall with nothing on it and 2 substantial book cases that have nothing in/on them. I've been looking for a mirror with a red frame or a painting that I really like that has red. I haven't found either yet and I'm trying not to rush and buy something I only sort of like. It's hard for me to be patient like that though. But, I'm also pretty much out of rooms to decorate for the time being so I need to pace myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 08:01 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,360,127 times
I have so many things I want to do but I lost all UMPH when the crappy contractor did work on the bathroom. It took FOREVER, the job was a mess and between working nights, trying to be up for that and trying to go to school I wanted to kill someone.

I will gladly give my list of things to Kathyrn.

I'm annoyed b/c the other day I noticed a crack in one of our walls. We're in an old building and it's all concrete and yada so it happens, naturally, but it's a PITA to fix and make it look OKAY. And it was the only room without anything like that. BAH.

So I am going to a make a list of things I want to do and try to knock something out every 1-2 weeks---though no promises because school starts up again soon and I've been working OT whenever I can. I guarantee this will not happen---no energy for this.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:29 PM

50,379 posts, read 64,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I have so many things I want to do but I lost all UMPH when the crappy contractor did work on the bathroom. It took FOREVER, the job was a mess and between working nights, trying to be up for that and trying to go to school I wanted to kill someone.

I will gladly give my list of things to Kathyrn.

I'm annoyed b/c the other day I noticed a crack in one of our walls. We're in an old building and it's all concrete and yada so it happens, naturally, but it's a PITA to fix and make it look OKAY. And it was the only room without anything like that. BAH.

So I am going to a make a list of things I want to do and try to knock something out every 1-2 weeks---though no promises because school starts up again soon and I've been working OT whenever I can. I guarantee this will not happen---no energy for this.
Baby steps, kiddo. It'll be alright.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:38 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
You are seriously on a roll! Man... I thought I was crazy with decorating, but you are putting me to shame right now.

As for what I'm working on, I'm still trying to gather accessories for one of my spare bedrooms. The colors are black, white and red. I have a large wall with nothing on it and 2 substantial book cases that have nothing in/on them. I've been looking for a mirror with a red frame or a painting that I really like that has red. I haven't found either yet and I'm trying not to rush and buy something I only sort of like. It's hard for me to be patient like that though. But, I'm also pretty much out of rooms to decorate for the time being so I need to pace myself.
You should definitely post pictures - you know the regulars on this part of the forum would just LOVE to give you all sorts of advice and feedback!

As for being on a roll, yes, I was but I am out of steam now. Or rather, I'm out of paint and I've put all the stuff up. That's why I was on such a tear by the way - once I got ladders and tape and drop cloths and brushes and rollers and all that out, I just wanted to knock it all out once and for all and live in chaos for as short a time as possible!

Old 01-21-2015, 09:28 PM

I'm not particularly crafty (I like my decorating projects on a larger scale, like walls or pieces of furniture that need to be refinished!) so I was pretty pleased with this wreath I made tonight. Honestly, this took like 30 minutes. I was amazed at how fast and easy it was.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-07-2020 at 07:14 AM..

Old 01-24-2015, 08:25 PM

That first wreath was so easy I made another one! The first one is sort of springish, but this one is Mardi Gras themed, so it's on the front door now. I haven't put the beads on it yet - but I will!

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-07-2020 at 07:14 AM..

Old 01-26-2015, 02:33 PM

1,192 posts, read 2,484,036 times
Demo day on my bathroom project
Hopefully, they will knock it all out today, and the rest will just be a little inconvenience without all the banging and grinding, which is the absolute worst part of the whole deal.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
Demo day on my bathroom project
Hopefully, they will knock it all out today, and the rest will just be a little inconvenience without all the banging and grinding, which is the absolute worst part of the whole deal.
We want photos!

Old 01-27-2015, 04:02 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,360,127 times
Right now I'm going to look for a lighting fixture to replace the ugly/brass/seagull thing in the hallway.

Q: Apparently the wood floor in our apartment is the original 1950s wood---probably has been refinished at least one time. One section of the floor has water damage from a radiator leak many years ago, before we bought the place. Is it possible to replace that section of floor only or will it be pretty difficult?

Old 01-27-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Right now I'm going to look for a lighting fixture to replace the ugly/brass/seagull thing in the hallway.

Q: Apparently the wood floor in our apartment is the original 1950s wood---probably has been refinished at least one time. One section of the floor has water damage from a radiator leak many years ago, before we bought the place. Is it possible to replace that section of floor only or will it be pretty difficult?
It's possible to have it replaced by a professional.

Here's what you may want to do - you may have some wood that you can remove from a closet to use to replace the pieces. Then just replace the flooring in that closet.

Otherwise it's almost impossible to match grains and it will DEFINITELY look like it's been replaced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating