Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 09:24 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times

Advertisements

It would bug me. My stupid neighbor used to put loose trash (cups, bottles) in other people's empty bins. I caught him doing it. It's so damn inconsiderate.

Using public trash cans are, obviously, OK. But, unless you catch someone's personal bin right before trash pickup, it's a rude thing to do. Really, even then, I'd probably hesitate.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 11-07-2015 at 10:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 10:18 AM

362 posts, read 544,139 times
I don't think it's a big deal. If someone wants to throw his poop bags in my cans, they can have at it. It's better than leaving their dogs excrement on my lawn.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:54 AM

768 posts, read 719,163 times
I had a neighbor who came home to someone else's dog's poop on his lawn every evening. He was home from work one day & observed who was letting their dog do that. He scooped it into a brown paper sack, rolled the top down a little, went to the guilty neighbor's house & knocked. When the door was answered he handed the sack to the woman & said I believe this is yours. Never happened again.

Dog poop in your trash can even tied up in a bag stinks up the entire area every time you open the lid. If it's not your dog's, it shouldn't be there.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:33 AM

3,302 posts, read 3,030,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penga25 View Post
how do you all feel about other people putting their dog poop in your trash. I start by saying i love dogs but i dont have one currently (grew up with one). i put my trash out twice a week for pickup and more often that i'd like, when i come home from work i pull my empty trash can back into my garage to notice it has a doggie bag of poop in it. i think its rude to put that in someones empty bin knowing it will sit there for a few days just stinking. i'm about to start just throwing it in the middle of the street.

thoughts? about the topic, not throwing poop
It doesn't happen where I live now because we're near the end of a dead end road, but when I lived in Minneapolis, it absolutely drove me crazy to see people do this. It is rude behavior. I have two dogs and I love them, but this has nothing to do with that. I always carted our poop bags back to our house. I would never think of throwing any of my garbage in someone else's trash.

Just rude "trashy" behavior.

Old 11-07-2015, 02:48 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,864,756 times
I'd never do it. We have three dogs, walk them twice a day, and probably generate six or more bags of dog poop per day.

I know how it makes our own trash smell, and I'd never do that to one of our neighbors, unless they saw us carrying it around while we were walking and told us we could put it in their trash.

Old 11-07-2015, 03:53 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penga25 View Post
well, most of the neighbors on the street pick up after their dogs thankfully, so that has not been an issue. the thing is nearly everyone walking (probably 100%) their dog on the street live on the same block so just carry your dogs "property" to your own trash bin. its a matter of holding onto it for 3-4 minutes tops.

i will be putting a sign on my trash similar to worldklas posted..."don't put your dogs poop in my trash"

You're right. It's wrong.

People have no business putting their doggie business in your receptacle. Who wants that stink in there, anyway? And not picking up after one's pet is a different story.

We have pets, but it's this kind of krap that gives pet owners a bad name.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:40 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,165,481 times
First world problems

Old 11-08-2015, 12:55 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,878,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
First world problems
I couldn't agree more. Who cares? Is this the HOA retiree board? Nothing but time to complain...

Old 11-08-2015, 01:07 AM

15,640 posts, read 26,270,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
At least your neighbors aren't tying the bags of poop to your door knob.
Or putting it in a paper bag, laying it on your doorstep, setting it on fire and ringing your bell...

Old 11-08-2015, 01:33 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,361,153 times
When I had a dog, I would only put dog poop in someone's garbage pail if it was open and the garbage was out on the sidewalk because the garbage was being picked up. I would never put it in an empty pail or go out of my way to throw it in a personal garbage pail. I feel the same way about it---if someone wants to throw their dog crap in the garbage I have going out, go for it---I've stepped in enough dog excrement in my lifetime. I don't think it's a big deal. (If the garbage was emptied and NOW you are throwing it in there, yes that would be annoying.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House