Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 01:05 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,369,869 times

Advertisements

I walk the dog all the time and when he goes I get a bag and pick up the package. Many times I place it in any available trash can. I would expect anyone else to do the same. Then again I don't know anyone that keeps the trash cans in the house. In my area everyone keeps them in the dog run between the houses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 01:58 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,880,514 times
I have no problem with it at all. I regularly drop the bag in someones can when I'm walking (I take 30-60 minute walks. No way I'm carrying the bag that long). I regularly see evidence of others doing the same in my can.

I only use cans that are parked along the street. I won't trespass in order to use a can.

I don't know anyone keeping their trash can where smell is an issue.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:06 PM

9,694 posts, read 10,033,758 times
It is better to use any trash can then to just leave it on the ground where I could step on it ...

Old 11-06-2015, 03:14 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,057,150 times
Yup, it's rude. But not as rude as leaving poop in your yard.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:16 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,262,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penga25 View Post
how do you all feel about other people putting their dog poop in your trash. I start by saying i love dogs but i dont have one currently (grew up with one). i put my trash out twice a week for pickup and more often that i'd like, when i come home from work i pull my empty trash can back into my garage to notice it has a doggie bag of poop in it. i think its rude to put that in someones empty bin knowing it will sit there for a few days just stinking. i'm about to start just throwing it in the middle of the street.

thoughts? about the topic, not throwing poop
I just came in from walking my dogs...I picked up the poop. I did pass two trash bins whose owners were still at work. I thought about dumping the poop because I don't like to carry it, but carry it home I did, and dumped it in our bin.

Then I come in here and read this post. Thanks for reminding me what being a good neighbor is about! Good to know I'm meeting the standard.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:20 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,278,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Solutions are to either keep your can inaccessible or to find a way to lock it.
Where I live, the trash can is picked up by a big truck. It turns it over and dumps it. After my lid got damaged it ended up depositing it minus the lid and I had to wait until the city or whoever got the new one to me to put trash IN the can. Since most places use that sort of arraingement, locking isn't really an option.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:33 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,240,088 times
Where I live, we have to put our trash and recycling cans in the garage after they are picked up. So no, I really don't want someone else's dog poop stinking up my garage for a week.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:38 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,776,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
I have no problem with it at all. I regularly drop the bag in someones can when I'm walking (I take 30-60 minute walks. No way I'm carrying the bag that long). I regularly see evidence of others doing the same in my can.

I only use cans that are parked along the street. I won't trespass in order to use a can.

I don't know anyone keeping their trash can where smell is an issue.
I also regularly take 60-120 minute walks with my boy....and I NEVER would even consider dropping his bag of goodies into someone else's trash can. There are a few public trash cans I will use if he's gone by the time I pass them, but if he's not gone yet (or if he goes again after I've passed them), I simply carry it home. Really, it's not a big deal to carry a tied bag.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:14 PM

16,080 posts, read 21,184,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I also regularly take 60-120 minute walks with my boy....and I NEVER would even consider dropping his bag of goodies into someone else's trash can. There are a few public trash cans I will use if he's gone by the time I pass them, but if he's not gone yet (or if he goes again after I've passed them), I simply carry it home. Really, it's not a big deal to carry a tied bag.
Thank You!
I wish everyone would be so considerate. Our trash cans are not allowed to be left at the street, So mine gets hauled up next to the garage when I get home from work. My kitchen window is right over the garage. The thought of hauling someone's dog poop to sit under my window for a week is just nasty.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:15 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,037,319 times
Does it actually hurt anything or cause any problem? If not, find something else to worry about, it is truly insignificant in your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House