Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 05:37 PM

2,481 posts, read 1,553,824 times

Advertisements

Ordered the topper in a 2” Dunlop/Talalay 20 ild. This will make the bed 6” @ 30 ild, and 4” @ 20 ild. Ten inches of latex with an organic wool and cotton cover. Hope this dials it in. Whole thing cost about 1200 bucks. We didn’t need a bed or a frame, just the mattress. Will update.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 09:09 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,131,779 times
The latex mattress we got about the same time as dcfas is working out well. Spouse decided he likes the latex mattress and doesn’t want to go back to memory foam. It’s probably why most mattress companies ask that you sleep on the mattress for thirty days before making a decision.

This mattress is extremely comfortable, although there is no support on the sides. That is not a big deal though. I’m a side sleeper, but find that I’m sleeping on my back occasionally and the support is great. Very happy to have made the switch to latex. It’s nice to be able to wake up with no soreness. If anyone is thinking of latex, give it a try. I can totally recommend it.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:26 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Latex is known to have a bouncy quality. It is often used in wheelchair cushions because it is soft, but doesn't squish down - it has some resistance to it. You will probably prefer having a memory foam topper over the latex, and a protective allergy cover on the mattress topper so moisture doesn't get into it.
Ours has never had a bouncy quality. it is dense and does not move much at all even after 25 or so years and even when we had five kids and two 200 pond dogs walking around on it. My wife is a wiggly sleeper and this mattress keeps most of her wiggling form waking me up. Downside other than trying to move it to another room - If it slides off the box spring, it is very hard to get it back in place.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:59 AM

14,254 posts, read 14,750,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Still happy with it.
UPDATE

After about 18 months, I am still very happy with my choice (Nectar, queen). I did rotate it recently but not for any reason.

Old 09-21-2019, 02:21 PM

2,481 posts, read 1,553,824 times
So we have added the 2” topper and like Tazz22 we love the latex mattress. We now have 6” of 30ild and 4” of 20ild pure latex, 10” total. The topper gave the mattress a plush feeling. The 6” of medium density foam is solid and still gives the mattress a very solid feel. When you hop into bed it doesn’t budge at all. Glad we got the topper. We now refer to the mattress as “The Cloud.” Highly recommend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House