Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 11:06 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times

Advertisements

I used them and the do not work. Snap traps..the original,best and always works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 10:18 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
A good rule to follow about products sold on infomercials is: Do not buy them.

They are all scams, they don't work, and regardless of the guarantee, you will never get your money back.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:51 AM

1 posts, read 7,582 times
Default I need help getting rid of insects in my home, does riddex work?

I have a phobia of insects and there are like mutant roaches in my home, they're huge, and i dont know how to get rid of them. I also have tons of teeny tiny spiders and no matter how much i clean or bleach they're still there. I just saw an infommercial for Riddex. Does anyone know if it works? If not, what else can i use that is'nt dangerous around children. Help!

Old 05-24-2009, 02:22 AM

228 posts, read 1,000,523 times
Ive never used that,but the best non pro sprays Ive ever used is Bengals...get it at Walmart..

Old 05-24-2009, 10:56 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
I agree with DotLib about BENGAL GOLD ROACH SPRAY. It's a "dry" spray and is awesome. I havent seen a waterbug or roach inside or outside since I started using it -- and the last time I sprayed was late last summer. I bought mine at walgreens.com but it's available in many places.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:06 PM

1 posts, read 6,852 times
Default Riddex

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchick30 View Post
Mice repellant not septic......Was looking at the infomercial and was curious? I am a believer that most stuff sold like that is never as good as they say, but every now and then, there is actually a decent product. So has anyone bought and used this, does it work? Does it bother dogs? Is there anything similar to this out there that does work? 1 baby and 4 dogs surrounded by a bunch of fields, I'd love to find something other then poison.
Yes the Riddex plus do work but they need time to work. You will see a few roaches several weeks after you use it,after 6 months you will see an decrease in roaches. My apartment was roach infested for a while. I used fumes and they worked for a little while but after a while they came back. I kept using the fumes for a while then I heard of Riddex plus on TV. I was skeptal so I desided to give it a try. I was sent 2 of them. I put one in the kitchen and 1 in the bathroom where roaches are at the most. 6 months later I have not seen no roaches. It does not bother dogs or cats but it does bother pet mice,gueina pigs,gerbils. It gets rid of mice,rats,and roaches. It was so good that I bought a third one for my bedroom. I got my money's worth. so I highly recommend this product if you have a roach problem. Darryl Harris.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 6,719 times
Hi guys, I'm sorry to bring up such an old topic, but in hopes that the company has cleaned up it's act, and made a pretty decent product, I'm just curious. Since it's been awhile, what does everyone think of the now?

Have they made any solid improvements to their product? Is it worth buying? I have a two story house, and am curious to see if anyone has had success with them. Thank you!

Old 12-26-2009, 01:14 AM

2 posts, read 13,242 times
Default riddex, don't waste your money

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteowlgirl View Post
I have a phobia of insects and there are like mutant roaches in my home, they're huge, and i dont know how to get rid of them. I also have tons of teeny tiny spiders and no matter how much i clean or bleach they're still there. I just saw an infommercial for Riddex. Does anyone know if it works? If not, what else can i use that is'nt dangerous around children. Help!
i recently bought a house that has been vacant for over a year, the house i purchased i going to be a rental house. the house is infested with spiders, crickets, roaches, and mice. i don't know if the mice are still around but i have two riddex units plugged in and the spiders, roaches, and crickets are still all over the inside of the house. the instructions say that it takes 7 days to see any difference in population. i have had them plugged up for 19 days now and the house is still full of pests. i have sent mine back before the money back guarantee ran out. don't waste your money cause they get to keep the 17 dollars they charge to send them to you. the strange thing is it only costs me 3.87 to send them back to them 2 to 3 days. yet they charged me 17 and it took almost two weeks for them to get to me. in my opinion it seems like a scam to me. check this out and make up your own mind. [url=http://www2.wspa.com/spa/news/consumer/does_it_work/article/riddex_plus_does_it_work/15971/]Riddex Plus:* Does it work? | WSPA[/url]

Old 12-26-2009, 01:17 AM

2 posts, read 13,242 times
Default riddex, don't waste your money

i recently bought a house that has been vacant for over a year, the house i purchased i going to be a rental house. the house is infested with spiders, crickets, roaches, and mice. i don't know if the mice are still around but i have two riddex units plugged in and the spiders, roaches, and crickets are still all over the inside of the house. the instructions say that it takes 7 days to see any difference in population. i have had them plugged up for 19 days now and the house is still full of pests. i have sent mine back before the money back guarantee ran out. don't waste your money cause they get to keep the 17 dollars they charge to send them to you. the strange thing is it only costs me 3.87 to send them back to them 2 to 3 days. yet they charged me 17 and it took almost two weeks for them to get to me. in my opinion it seems like a scam to me. check this out and make up your own mind. [url=http://www2.wspa.com/spa/news/consumer/does_it_work/article/riddex_plus_does_it_work/15971/]Riddex Plus:* Does it work? | WSPA[/url]

Old 12-26-2009, 05:12 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
No.

Get some Raid funigators and follow the instructions, but spce them closer together. Do not shortcut the time. Use fumigators not foggers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House