Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2010, 11:56 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,053,483 times

Advertisements

I've said this before and I think I will say it again, there is no reason and I mean no reason for people of either city to be jealous of each other.

Yes Houston has a better skyline (all of them).
Yes Dallas has better mass transit by train.
Yes Houston has a coastal setting.
Yes Dallas has more hills than Houston.
Yes Houston has the best Medical Center in the state.
Yes Dallas has more upscale shopping.

And the list goes on that way...

Old 08-08-2010, 08:02 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by takethatdallas View Post
This is one of the reasons why insecure Dallasites are so jealous of Houston and why most Dallasites have an inferiority complex whenever it comes to Houston.
I have never met one person in real life that has an inferiority complex relating to Houston. Most people here just look at Houston as the other large city in Texas. Most my friends and collegues in Houston look at Dallas the same way.

People in Dallas get worked up over Houston skyline? Perhaps the losers, but again, I have never met anyone who did. The rest of us have things like bills to pay, families to feed, and are too occupied with s**t that actually matters to worry about something that has no bearing over anything. The need for more office space in the center of the city in Houston is greater. People here dont spend much (if any) time thinking about it.

I doubt people in Houston are any different either. I have never met one person in real life down in Houston that gave a crap that DFW was a larger metro area. And they shouldnt care either. Life is hard enough dealing with things that actually matter.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:36 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
I'm so proud of Houston for becoming 5th. Houston deserves a standing ovation! WELL DONE!

Old 08-08-2010, 09:03 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
I have never met one person in real life that has an inferiority complex relating to Houston. Most people here just look at Houston as the other large city in Texas. Most my friends and collegues in Houston look at Dallas the same way.

People in Dallas get worked up over Houston skyline? Perhaps the losers, but again, I have never met anyone who did. The rest of us have things like bills to pay, families to feed, and are too occupied with s**t that actually matters to worry about something that has no bearing over anything. The need for more office space in the center of the city in Houston is greater. People here dont spend much (if any) time thinking about it.

I doubt people in Houston are any different either. I have never met one person in real life down in Houston that gave a crap that DFW was a larger metro area. And they shouldnt care either. Life is hard enough dealing with things that actually matter.
Finally someone makes some sense!

Old 08-21-2010, 08:14 PM

Do you think that the metro will stay at #5 or will it continue to increase?

Old 08-21-2010, 08:21 PM

346 posts, read 739,523 times
Who cares? this city doesn't even know what to do with the people we have now, or our traffic/transit problems, still stuck in a small town mentality, which could be good sometimes, but most of the time thats bad when you have 6 million people to deal with. NEways mini rant over.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:22 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Do you think that the metro will stay at #5 or will it continue to increase?

Not anytime soon.

Chicago is too far away and DFW is growing too fast

Old 08-21-2010, 08:24 PM

I tought Houston is growing a little faster than DFW.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:26 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
It may for the last year, but it will have to do much better than a little to ever catch up with the metroplex. They are ahead by over half a million

Old 08-21-2010, 08:31 PM

346 posts, read 739,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Not anytime soon.

Chicago is too far away and DFW is growing too fast
Yea this city isn't catching Chi town no time soon and even if it did, it wouldn't catch it for its massive amounts of urban walkable inner city neighborhoods with more character than about most blocks I can think of in houston except maybe a few isolated areas in the inner city. Hate to say it but its true. I dont even know why people want to pass chi town anyways. We couldnt handle another 3 million people no time soon. a big'ol population doesnt mean much really for how urban a city is, or if it feels like a city at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston