Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 08:47 PM

206 posts, read 484,496 times

Advertisements

west
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 08:50 PM

8,898 posts, read 20,054,575 times
East

Old 02-15-2011, 05:12 AM

480 posts, read 1,703,020 times
The map given above is old. Here is a link to the most recent Pearland subdivision map I could find, and it is from Feb. 2010.

http://gisweb2.ci.pearland.tx.us/web...ubdivision.pdf

Note that when you go to that link and the map opens, you should use the resize option to resize it to 150%, then you will be able to read the subdivision names.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:24 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,994,213 times
Thanks. I don't see a lot of difference in the subdivisions on my map and that one. Unfortunately, though you cannot read either of them printed out. And there is a lot of scrolling involved in reading them on the screen.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:09 AM

25 posts, read 59,600 times
To the people that are suggesting West:

What are the cons of living on the East side?
Why is West better?

I am curious to what the reasons are.

thanks!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:06 AM

208 posts, read 553,264 times
Default Amenities in Silverlake

Many master-planned communities offer nice amenties like a tennis court, waterpark for the kids, fitness center, yoga, spin cycle classes etc, ampitheater, and playground. Does Silverlake offer these amenities? I tried to google Silverlake Pearland, TX and what I came up with is a not so elegant website developed by Silverlake HOA. It seems there is nothing much by way of amenities in this community. So actually this will be a downgrade from what I have now. Athough it would be a downgrade, the location is closer to downtown Houston and I don't have to drive 25 minutes to a mall or movie.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:00 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,994,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350days View Post
Many master-planned communities offer nice amenties like a tennis court, waterpark for the kids, fitness center, yoga, spin cycle classes etc, ampitheater, and playground. Does Silverlake offer these amenities? I tried to google Silverlake Pearland, TX and what I came up with is a not so elegant website developed by Silverlake HOA. It seems there is nothing much by way of amenities in this community. So actually this will be a downgrade from what I have now. Athough it would be a downgrade, the location is closer to downtown Houston and I don't have to drive 25 minutes to a mall or movie.
Yes. Southwyck and Silverlake share amenities. There are tennis courts, a golf course, there are three community pools, there is a water park near the Silverlake pool. There is no fitness center, but there are several fitness centers that offer many classes and exercise equipment. There is a mall with a movie theater very close by (many 5 minutes). There is no amphitheater in Pearland, but there are music programs in the park at the Westside Event Center where the small library substation (not a real library, but we are working on it - it does have preschool story hours twice a month and you can order books for pickup when it is open or drop off books for return in the outside book drop and get your library card there). I am not sure why you could not see the amenities on the Silverlake Website.

Here's the Southwyck website which describes some of our common amenities. Also note that you have City of Pearland amenities available to you as well. We have a baseball field, a soccer field, two community pools, several parks including the Lake Park with playgrounds. The pictures on the site are ones I took.

www.SouthwyckTexas.com

Silverlake's page doesn't have pictures, but
Silverlake HOA - - Pearland, TX

There clubhouse has meeting rooms and there is a Brazoria County Police Substation so that the police do not have to travel back to Angleton to write up reports when something happens in Silverlake or the surrounding areas. The water park is right outside the pool location. Morgan park has a single water mist as well.

Here is Pearland's visitor center website:

Welcome to Pearland's Official Visitor's Web Site.

Note that many activities take place in the schools. Other activities take place at Pearland Town Center. For example the Budweiser Clydesdales are coming to PTC on February 24th. There is also a small water splash pad at the PTC.

Here's the Parks and Recreation portion of the site
Pearland Hotels - Restaurants - Things to Do - Texas Vacation Information - Pearland, Texas

Southdown is the park closest to Silverlake. Centennial Park is not far. Independence Park is on the east side, by the Pearland Library.

Shadow Creek Ranch is also not far
Shadow Creek Ranch - New Homes in Pearland, Texas - Official Site

Don't be startled when this site starts talking when you enter the site... It's interactive. Pretty cool.

There are lots of hiking and biking trails, a nature park and other amenities that we can use even though we are not residents of Shadow Creek. There is more if you live there, of course.

Edited to add that there is also the Dad's Club on Fite Road for sports stuff for kids.
Dorothy

Old 02-16-2011, 02:18 PM

551 posts, read 1,577,800 times
There is also Tom Bass Park about 5 minutes away. They have many amenties as well with a fishing pond, track, pavilions you can rent out. They have also have a small ampitheatre that can be leased out. There are playgrounds in all of the neighborhoods. Another plus for many is that Pearland is less than 15 minutes from Hobby Airport!

Old 02-17-2011, 06:32 AM

480 posts, read 1,703,020 times
Well, here's another option, where I live on the west side:

Southern Trails - Amenities (http://www.southern-trails.com/html/amenities.html - broken link)

We have a pool and fitness center available to homeowners.

Also, I don't think anyone has mentioned that there is a pavilion at the Pearland Towncenter, and they have concerts and events there fairly regularly.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:19 AM

208 posts, read 553,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Yes. Southwyck and Silverlake share amenities. There are tennis courts, a golf course, there are three community pools, there is a water park near the Silverlake pool. There is no fitness center, but there are several fitness centers that offer many classes and exercise equipment. There is a mall with a movie theater very close by (many 5 minutes). There is no amphitheater in Pearland, but there are music programs in the park at the Westside Event Center where the small library substation (not a real library, but we are working on it - it does have preschool story hours twice a month and you can order books for pickup when it is open or drop off books for return in the outside book drop and get your library card there). I am not sure why you could not see the amenities on the Silverlake Website.

Here's the Southwyck website which describes some of our common amenities. Also note that you have City of Pearland amenities available to you as well. We have a baseball field, a soccer field, two community pools, several parks including the Lake Park with playgrounds. The pictures on the site are ones I took.

www.SouthwyckTexas.com

Silverlake's page doesn't have pictures, but
Silverlake HOA - - Pearland, TX

There clubhouse has meeting rooms and there is a Brazoria County Police Substation so that the police do not have to travel back to Angleton to write up reports when something happens in Silverlake or the surrounding areas. The water park is right outside the pool location. Morgan park has a single water mist as well.

Here is Pearland's visitor center website:

Welcome to Pearland's Official Visitor's Web Site.

Note that many activities take place in the schools. Other activities take place at Pearland Town Center. For example the Budweiser Clydesdales are coming to PTC on February 24th. There is also a small water splash pad at the PTC.

Here's the Parks and Recreation portion of the site
Pearland Hotels - Restaurants - Things to Do - Texas Vacation Information - Pearland, Texas

Southdown is the park closest to Silverlake. Centennial Park is not far. Independence Park is on the east side, by the Pearland Library.

Shadow Creek Ranch is also not far
Shadow Creek Ranch - New Homes in Pearland, Texas - Official Site

Don't be startled when this site starts talking when you enter the site... It's interactive. Pretty cool.

There are lots of hiking and biking trails, a nature park and other amenities that we can use even though we are not residents of Shadow Creek. There is more if you live there, of course.

Edited to add that there is also the Dad's Club on Fite Road for sports stuff for kids.
Dorothy
Where is the waterpark near Silverlake pool? Any pictures? I copy and paste currently where I am right now and amentities. Sienna Plantation Residential - Welcome to siennanet.com

Is there a reason Pearland does not have a library instead of a substation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston