Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM

1,475 posts, read 2,772,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelion_ms3 View Post
Cheval Oh and the apt I was in was 1012 sq ft.

What??@?@!??!?! You really only paid 1300 for that place? Was this a long time ago? I'm curious what rents are now. That place is out of this world. See, now this is what I'm talking about. This place does NOT exist in Chicago ANYWHERE. Forget about price, it just doesn't even exist. Damn that place is nice.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:47 PM

561 posts, read 972,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jek74 View Post
What??@?@!??!?! You really only paid 1300 for that place? Was this a long time ago? I'm curious what rents are now. That place is out of this world. See, now this is what I'm talking about. This place does NOT exist in Chicago ANYWHERE. Forget about price, it just doesn't even exist. Damn that place is nice.
You found that place nice and amazing? Tell me what was amazing about it? The fancy lighting? The spa? The granite countertops? or did the get you with the concierge service? or was it the website in itself that made you want to give your money up?

Yes, Im the superficial douchebag, for thinking about the lack of architecture and the fact that people are hearding into these façade called some generic unoriginal name where I spend my Friday and Saturday afternoons and more importantly my hard earned money.

Yes, Im the douchebag that is appalled at how developers run this city and the masses are like sheep ready to find some type of new grazing ground because its "new" and "trendy" or at least that is what they're being told to believe.

Yes, I'm the douchebag who finds the lack of originality as a concern

But if you dont see that then well, like I said, Ignorance is bliss.

But you, my friend, are far above this. Because the people in Chicago have not been as sweet as you want them to be, or as friendly as you want them to be, and you believe that coming to Houston is going to solve all that.
Let me tell you, there are good people and bad people everywhere, and lord I've met some great people in Chicago that treat me like their own son, and I've met people in Houston with the southern belle mentality and look down at everyone else because they aren't the A&M type.

There are good and bad people everywhere!

Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 PM

847 posts, read 1,752,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jek74 View Post
We lived there in 2008-2009. So 3-4 yrs ago...and speaking for me and my wife, we chose that apt because of amenities, sq ft, easy access to fwys. I think one con about location was there wasnt a grocery down the street...it was a several miles away.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:38 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
Got off topic and arguing....closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston