Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 07:06 AM

19 posts, read 34,806 times

Advertisements

Another Walmart? Great...

From what I've read on here, the plan is to take the Westpark Tollway all the way into Fulshear. When that will happen is anyone's guess, but I've been in that area for over 7 years and 1093 has gone from an easy drive to a major headache. People have been complaining for years about that road. If I remember correctly from a town hall meeting a couple years ago is that the 1093 area was environmentally protected and that it would take a few years to get a survey done from the government. So whatever that means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 07:53 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,914,840 times
Westpark Tollway continued expansion to begin late 2013.

Construction starts this year on FM 1093/Westpark Tollway extension | Fort Bend Southwest Star Newspaper

Westpark Tollway

Old 06-14-2013, 10:11 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Float View Post
I also heard the plan is for HEB at Cinco Ranch Blvd and 1463 (I believe on the Cross Creek Ranch side)- source is the Fulshear Town Hall Meeting from a couple of weeks ago.

Walmart & Whataburger @ NE corner of 1093/1463

Traffic light in the planning phase for Fry Rd & 1463 - goal is by year end, but hopefully prior to school starting...

I dont think they have room on the CCR side.
Im looking at the planning map and the commercial plot just isnt that big...
the biggest plot is 7.9 acres. is that big enough ?

Old 06-14-2013, 10:30 AM

129 posts, read 460,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
I dont think they have room on the CCR side.
Im looking at the planning map and the commercial plot just isnt that big...
the biggest plot is 7.9 acres. is that big enough ?

Good question! I have no idea. Previously, there was talk that HEB had "committed to the Fulshear area" which is the only reason I would think it would go on the CCR side, but I know there is multi-family housing and such going there, so who knows.

I prefer HEB over Kroger, but I end up at the new Kroger on 1093 often because it's so close. I am definitely ANTI-Walmart for 1093/1463 considering the one at 99 & 1093 is close enough, but I think I'm ok with the proposed HEB on 1463. Not like they'll ask me or anything....

Old 06-14-2013, 10:58 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,907,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clkrz View Post
Another Walmart? Great...
Ugh. Walmart hurts the American economy

David Nassar: Why Wal-Mart Does Not Strengthen Our Economy

Quote:
Despite bringing in over $378 billion last year, Wal-Mart repeatedly underpays its American workforce.
Quote:
Wal-Mart also pays poorly. While the company seeks to benefit from the government's rebate payout, Wal-Mart's low wages means store employees have little or no disposable income to spend to stimulate the economy.
Quote:
Wal-Mart sources the vast majority of its products from countries overseas, meaning most of the cost of a given Wal-Mart product doesn't go into the U.S. economy. Rather than boosting the U.S. economy, Wal-Mart has played a major role in exporting U.S. manufacturing jobs to countries with low labor and environmental standards.
Quote:
Wal-Mart underfunds its health care plan and cuts corners whenever possible, forcing many of its employees to postpone care, thus decreasing their productivity and increasing the eventual cost of their treatment. In desperation, many of them rely on state-sponsored care and drain yet more funds from American communities. That means when Wal-Mart employees end up in emergency rooms, it's U.S. taxpayers who end up footing the bill.
Quote:
Wal-Mart routinely dodges state and local taxes, meaning money spent at a Wal-Mart store won't end up in your community. Wal-Mart actively works to challenge property tax assessments and creates complex real estate arrangements to obscure how much taxes the company owes.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:42 PM

833 posts, read 1,885,775 times
Everyone is so quick to bash Walmart and it's pay. Guess what it is retail and retail overall does not pay well as an industry. It does not required someone that is well educated or highly skilled. Ironically, Walmart actually pays higher than Target. Do I think the pay is crappy, sure. But that is what happens when you barely get a high school education and are not a very highly motivated individual. Nobody forces anyone to work at Walmart last time I checked, if you don't like it don't work there.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Float View Post
Good question! I have no idea. Previously, there was talk that HEB had "committed to the Fulshear area" which is the only reason I would think it would go on the CCR side, but I know there is multi-family housing and such going there, so who knows.

I prefer HEB over Kroger, but I end up at the new Kroger on 1093 often because it's so close. I am definitely ANTI-Walmart for 1093/1463 considering the one at 99 & 1093 is close enough, but I think I'm ok with the proposed HEB on 1463. Not like they'll ask me or anything....

we're in totally agreement

Old 06-14-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtothemak View Post
Everyone is so quick to bash Walmart and it's pay. Guess what it is retail and retail overall does not pay well as an industry. It does not required someone that is well educated or highly skilled. Ironically, Walmart actually pays higher than Target. Do I think the pay is crappy, sure. But that is what happens when you barely get a high school education and are not a very highly motivated individual. Nobody forces anyone to work at Walmart last time I checked, if you don't like it don't work there.

I dont bash um.
I simply dont go into them, I havent stepped foot into one in over ten years.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:04 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,364,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
we're in totally agreement
I third that!

Old 06-14-2013, 05:09 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,907,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtothemak View Post
Try Costco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston