Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 04:02 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,141,460 times

Advertisements

Stillwater - that's the one I was thinking of!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 06:14 PM

14 posts, read 27,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfan91 View Post

To elaborate on PedroMartinez's post, if being close to the water is important you should check out Waterhaven in Walden. Chesmar is the builder there and there is a private boat ramp for the neighborhood, as well. We looked at their houses and really liked them, just a bit too small for what we want. Check out Chesmar here - Waterhaven | Chesmar Homes

The only new community in your budget would be KB Home's Lakewood Pines - which I wouldn't even consider. The Groves, Stillwater(Taylor Morrison) and The Bridges will all start in the 250s.
I drove through Waterhaven yesterday evening and was kind of underwhelmed. I don't know if I'm missing something or if it is truly that small. It also seemed like most of the lots were taken. I only saw a few available signs.

We definitely plan on staying away from KB Homes. I'm sure we would love The Groves, Stillwater, and The Bridges and those could all potentially be in budget if we waited another 12 months. However, having lived in an apartment for 5, almost 6 years straight now, I'm so ready to have a house. Plus this is going to be our first home, so we don't feel like we should max out the budget on it.

Thank you for your suggestions and I wish you luck with your home search!

Old 02-18-2014, 06:15 PM

So how long does it take to get from ES to the beltway during high traffic periods?

Can anyone answer that for me?

Old 02-18-2014, 06:40 PM

What times would you be leaving your house in the morning, and coming home in the evening? Where are you working? I will ask hubby when he gets home in a few minutes.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
What times would you be leaving your house in the morning, and coming home in the evening? Where are you working? I will ask hubby when he gets home in a few minutes.
My husband works in Baytown and gets into work between 6:45 and 7:00. I assume he would need to leave around 6:00? I'm not that concerned with my commute. I just drive to Memorial Hermann NE, so right here in Humble.

His time for commute back home varies. He could leave Baytown at 5:00, 6:00, or 7:00...depending on what he has going on that week.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:36 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmac View Post
My husband works in Baytown and gets into work between 6:45 and 7:00. I assume he would need to leave around 6:00? I'm not that concerned with my commute. I just drive to Memorial Hermann NE, so right here in Humble.

His time for commute back home varies. He could leave Baytown at 5:00, 6:00, or 7:00...depending on what he has going on that week.

The most direct route would be going up West Lake Houston to Beltway 8. That route isn't too bad now, but they are putting in more neighborhoods off of WLH and then at Beltway 8, you have Generation Park being developed. It could cause that way to become a massive mess, and it would be a concern for me. If he were to be leaving at 6 am, he might beat that mess, but you won't really know yet.

The other route would be to hit 1960 and go to 2100 through Crosby. That would probably put him at a 45 minute commute, but traffic wouldn't be an issue.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:10 PM

He said that leaving between 5:45-6am, he would probably get to work a little early, and leaving after 6am, he would probably be a little late. Traffic gets exponentially worse the later you leave. I am going to bet that with the new neighborhoods they will be building along wlhp, that they will be adding at least a couple of new lights to that road.

You you not interested in Summerwood at all? It would help with his commute times.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

Thanks for the information! Is there any indication that Woodland Hills or Timber Forest will eventually open up and become through streets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
You you not interested in Summerwood at all? It would help with his commute times.
I'm not sure what's still available in Summerwood. We will probably drive through it this weekend though.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmac View Post
Thanks for the information! Is there any indication that Woodland Hills or Timber Forest will eventually open up and become through streets?

I'm not sure what's still available in Summerwood. We will probably drive through it this weekend though.
There are plans for timber wood to go through eventually....but there's no time table on that. Right now there is a large parcel of land that is owned by Perry I believe that would prevent the completion of it for a while. Plus it would involve building a bridge over the train tracks, which would be costly.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:30 AM
npn

5 posts, read 4,941 times
I would look at Fall Creek to beat the congestion at W. Lake Houston and Beltway 8. Have lived in Fall Creek for 3 years and love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston