Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 12:41 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,821,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's not a mindset or an agenda. My inlaws live very close to where it took place and I know the intersection and gas station very well. It's in Cypress so that's what I typed, loosen the foil dude.

I wrote the title myself before I even found and copied the link to a story, I didn't change anything.
Funny how your title and the title of the article were identical albeit that one preposition, but ok then friend. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It's actually not in 77433 or 77429, so technically not in Cypress although near, 1-2 miles away. Anyways I'll shutup now about my aside and let the thread get back on track. My condolences to the family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 12:51 PM

670 posts, read 1,442,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
. Anyways I'll shutup now about my aside and let the thread get back on track.
It's about ****ing time you did.
My condolences to his family, seems like this crap is happening more and more, whether you're IN, or AROUND, Cypress, Houston, Katy, or wherever.

Old 08-29-2015, 01:39 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,985,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
Part of me thinks this was targeted and that there is a story behind it. Otoh, if he was targeted, why do it so publicly? It's a terrible story either way but there is so much racist hate on this board I can only console myself by imagining that racism is simply overrepresented here. There is something in the anonymity of the board that permits the hatefulness that in turn draws the hateful. And when I say racism I'm talking about white racism. OK, maybe that's still not clear enough for the white racists to understand: I'm talking about the white people on this board who say racist things about black people and then pretend that they are not racist. Those people are the ones who are heartbreaking.
The current race relation is way out of whack. You can blame the current president, the media, and the race baiters to blow up like this.

The black folks have been feed by the media so many injustice that everything now is racism. Everything have to be politically correct or you are a racist.

I can tell you for a fact majority of people are tired of this BS. Don't go glorify black thugs and lunatics and then say he didn't do nothing. No he is not going to college after robbing a liquor store. No he is not a promising young man after trying to destroy cars. No she is not a good person after resisting arrest and smoking drugs before going to first day of work.

When I was fresh out of school and didn't know how to walk straight, a black man gave me an opportunity and I will be forever grateful. I have done the same in my career for a few young black men that want to be productive people and want to make something of themselves.

So call me whatever you like, but it won't bother me one bit.

Old 08-29-2015, 01:44 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Part of me thinks this was targeted and that there is a story behind it. Otoh, if he was targeted, why do it so publicly? It's a terrible story either way but there is so much racist hate on this board I can only console myself by imagining that racism is simply overrepresented here. There is something in the anonymity of the board that permits the hatefulness that in turn draws the hateful. And when I say racism I'm talking about white racism. OK, maybe that's still not clear enough for the white racists to understand: I'm talking about the white people on this board who say racist things about black people and then pretend that they are not racist. Those people are the ones who are heartbreaking.
You should start a separate thread called "racism and my own stupidity" so you can discuss all of that BS with yourself. We're talking about a police officer being executed in a gas station parking lot last night.

Old 08-29-2015, 01:54 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
Yes, pardon me, I stand corrected - NOT arrested. Merely a person of interest.
Unfortunately the news spouts stories before anything is verified. When I posted the link that they had caught him that's the story that was being reported...now the story has changed to no one has been arrested and they are only questioning people.

Old 08-29-2015, 01:58 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You should start a separate thread called "racism and my own stupidity" so you can discuss all of that BS with yourself. We're talking about a police officer being executed in a gas station parking lot last night.
Yea because we surely wouldn't want to stop your movement

Old 08-29-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Yea because we surely wouldn't want to stop your movement
And which movement would that be? The movement to stop the execution of police officers? The movement to prevent random gun violence? The movement to call out stupidity on City Data? The movement to ridicule those who spread that stupidity on City Data?

Which movement did you have in mind?

Old 08-29-2015, 02:59 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
Quote:
Every group has it's racists. No race is immune from having racists within it.

Old 08-29-2015, 03:06 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Harris County Sheriff's Office is holding a 4:30 press conference to announce an arrest and charges in the shooting.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pol...ing/ar-AAdKjRZ

Old 08-29-2015, 03:07 PM

An arrest has officially been made in the Cypress Texas officer shooting, it's not 100% clear that the person arrested was the person of interest taken into custody early this AM.

PHOTOS: Deputy ambushed while pumping gas in NW Harris County | abc13.com

Harris Co. officials appeal to public to help find deputy's killer | abc13.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston