Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2015, 01:31 PM

434 posts, read 417,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Wow, I saw this briefly today. A lot has changed since the picture. They are booking it.

Nice work, Chris et al

One question, Chris, if you can say. It's ok if you can't. I saw a completed Home2 Suites last week and the one I saw had the entire first floor leased to outside businesses. I think there was a Subway and something else I recognized briefly as I drove by (maybe a non-Starbucks coffee shop or something). I went by it one more time and while I didn't stop, indeed there were different business signs for the entire first floor. I know tmp4 has stayed in the Home2 Suites as well. Is it the norm to lease the first floor out to different small businesses, or was the one I saw last week the "different one." I can believe they developor would have to have compromised to put businesses in that corner location, where the one I saw is located. But, I've never been that close to a completed one before. Hopefully, one of you two can comment about what we should expect here.

Ok, who knows the answer as I do not and there were not signs in SRL for this one. Dirt was being moved by a backhoe and grader. It's staked out for something, I'd wonder about a smaller restaurant? It's not on restaurant row but immediately south across the street. It's kind of by that Northwest Insurance building, or whatever the name is of that business.

All ideas are wanted and welcome.

And I was flying, I mean driving by, so I didn't have a chance to get a photo. This is the first time I've seen a sign up showing where the Events Center will be located. SRL is happening again.

It could be a really interesting six months.
Probably grass. If the lot you speak of is just west of superfly fitness. Notice the dirt they are using is top soil, not pit run
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 07:24 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Should I ask what you mean, Mike? This is about construction, development etc..... Perhaps we should have a different thread for "influential locals" or something similar
I was just commenting on how their new headquarters looks.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:51 AM

385 posts, read 526,851 times
sounds like the road work on Hitt south of Sunnyside begins today. they expect it to wrap up this summer

Old 03-07-2015, 10:13 AM

anybody know when Noodles & Co. is opening?

Old 03-07-2015, 12:38 PM

82 posts, read 97,615 times
GGP's web site shows a 3/4/15 to 4/30/15 grand opening timeline under their "events" area. They show specific opening dates for a couple of other businesses coming to Grand Teton Mall, but are pretty nebulous about Noodles and Co.
Not much help, but all I could find.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:39 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,446,156 times
Default Sandcreek Commons A

I don't know what the store is, but contractors are looking at the "A" spot in the original plan. It's possible this may be a building with spaces for smaller tenants, IDK. I would anticipate an announcement maybe in early April.

Sleuth types, what can you add?

Old 03-12-2015, 04:04 PM

82 posts, read 97,615 times
Default Noodles & Co

tmp4,
Bizmojoidaho today showed opening date of May 4th.
Got your chopsticks tuned up ?

Old 03-13-2015, 09:29 AM

that is exciting news. I just hope they're open on Sundays. that's usually when I crave a big bowl of noodles

Old 03-13-2015, 10:01 AM

432 posts, read 534,571 times
Quote:
I don't know what the store is, but contractors are looking at the "A" spot in the original plan. It's possible this may be a building with spaces for smaller tenants, IDK. I would anticipate an announcement maybe in early April.

Sleuth types, what can you add?
My best guess is that since this is the smaller retail shell that is going to be next to the big boxes, they may as well build it now so they don't disrupt business once Broulims and Hobby lobby are open. Or I could be wrong and they just haven't announced the tenant yet. I will do some digging...

Old 03-13-2015, 02:57 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,446,156 times
Default Mid- Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
My best guess is that since this is the smaller retail shell that is going to be next to the big boxes, they may as well build it now so they don't disrupt business once Broulims and Hobby lobby are open. Or I could be wrong and they just haven't announced the tenant yet. I will do some digging...
I.F. Guy,

You are correct in that the space is the "mid-box" store. A separate piece of what probably would have been a Big Box seems like it was removed and redesigned for more specialty shops and businesses. Look at the plan now and you'll see a space north of Mid-box A. I believe that area for shops is also designated with something like "Shops A" or something similar.

It could be a shell in, but I don't think so. Plans are too specific, IMO. I might be pushing the deadline to say maybe we'll hear in early April, it depends on how many bid and the time frame. I know you'll check a standard resource you and I have shared over the years. See what you think of the dates......

Is Dick ' s Sporting Goods a Big Box or Mid Box?

I still anticipate a store for kids and something electronic. I admit an electronic store could be a good fit in SRI too. Kid stuff more in a residential area.

I look forward to what you learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls