Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 11:21 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
CSG wrote:
Pot laws are just plain stupid but we thought we were going to get them changed 40 years ago. How's that working out for us so far?
Maybe it's time for we-the-people need to organzine a nationwide smoke in on the streets of Washington DC and simultaneously in every state capital. Tell the politicians to stop wasting our money on their ridiculous war on drugs. That wasted money could be helping alot of people get thru this recession with their dignity intact.
The war on drugs is indeed a waste. That money could be spent on education and other things to make this place better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 09:10 AM

2 posts, read 3,964 times
No I wont lie and say it is good for your lungs, but still not as bad for your body as alcohol or many prescription drugs, and the benefits you get from it in my opinion, far outweigh the negative. Stress alone can kill you, and I have a cure to that, smoking pot! But im not here to convince anyone else that they should smoke it, just fighting for my right to partake if I choose- then again in this forum I think Im preaching to the choir lol- and yes, Id admitt I am addicted to the glorious feeling of relief I get when I take that first bong hit at the end of a trying day![/quote]

Old 11-26-2009, 05:34 AM

28 posts, read 51,417 times
SergeantL,

Is that ice cubes i hear clinking in your glass? Time for some Jack? I sense some anger here, come on over to Montana and I'll give you something to relax! By the way, any caregiver would be growing indoors to protect his/her investment. After all, it is the worlds most valuable crop.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:34 PM

2 posts, read 3,735 times
Well what i say is just legalize marijuana...why not?? With me idk if its medical reason or not but i am a angry person intell i started smoking weed in like 6th or 7th grade my anger went away and a began to be content with my self...So idc if you just enjoy smoking weed or if it takes the pains away it should just be legal to smoke if you feel like it..Anyways i thought this was America home of the FREE hmm idk about that...SO IDAHO LETS LEGALIZE..god this is gonna **** me off so im out.. Remember this is America..Be Free, Live Free, Die Free, Smoke FREEEE....and all you religious basterds go die some were Cause im pretty sure if there was a god he put it here for me to smoke or do what ever i want with

Old 12-01-2009, 01:42 PM

2 posts, read 3,735 times
Everyone Go out out buy and support KMK kotton mouth kings...."The flow of marijuana will never die"

Old 12-02-2009, 01:31 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,977 times
Sure, live free, smoke all the dope you want, and let all the religious#$@@^%$ go die somewhere. Guess what pinhead, if that were the case you wouldn't have a free America. Nice people with RPG's would be knocking on your door and beheading you. You would sit there with your joint in hand with no head wondering what happened. People like you crack me up. Every guy I grew up smoked dope and guess what? They are either living out of dumpsters or dead. I don't normally get involved in garbage like this but people like you have something wrong with them.

You only care about yourself. Go support a hungry kid, get a cause. Dig a well in Africa. Get involved with the homeless and help them out. Take the money you waste on dope and use if for a good cause instead of insane self gratification. One day you are gonna wake up and one of your lungs will be laying on the pillow next you. Then people like me are gonna have to pay for your health care. Get a grip on reality and get over your simple self before it is too late.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Yeah, right Eastern Idaho is always the clincher when it comes to many issues in the state. I bet the pot smoking staff at BYU Idaho would love loosened laws as well as all of those LDS single wards in Idaho Falls! Just kidding sarcasm is so fun, although I have heard many many stories about LDS singles wards in Idaho Falls, but that is another subject I had to ask a friend who is LDS what "ward" meant.
My understanding is that Operation Pipe Dream made it illegal to sell glass pipes works in any area of Idaho. Not sure if this is true or not, but I do know from reading news that the "operation" was a huge waste of tax payer money. When I moved to Boise I noticed several of the glass/head shops around town, now there are none. But adult stores that promote sex and sex toys are somehow ok.
There is glass pipe shops in Boise and Nampa Look up Drudownz.biz

Old 04-22-2011, 12:20 AM

541 posts, read 1,224,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by secrettoker View Post
You never hear of a pot head who flew off the handle and killed someone because they were stoned, nor will you ever hear of someone overdosing on pot- unfortunatley for the government to back track on their previous statements that pot is bad for you after all these years of trying to convince the public, would be to admit they are wrong, and we all know they never do that. I also hate the stereotypes- me and my husband are both driven, successful, contributing members of society, and just like to relax and toke up at the end of a hard day. I am totally against man made drugs and do not think drugs should be legal- then again I dont consider pot to be a drug because it dosnt hurt you. The worst thing someone high on pot might do is raid your fridge and take a nap on your couch lol!
You say that. As a doctor, however, I can most assuredly tell you I've admitted dozens of psychotic teenagers from marijuana use in but a few years of practice. Give it time. The data has been replicated over and over again. Marijuana reduces the overall size of the brain by about 5%. It is further directly related to the onset of schizophrenia--somewhere between a 2 and 6-fold increased risk in teenagers who use.

In adults, it's been shown to again reduce the size of the brain and brain function. I've also admitted psychotic adults with no family history of schizophrenia but long histories of marijuana usage. Direct infusion of IV THC produces mental dulling and psychosis.

I've also admitted more than a few people with marijuana-induced panic attacks. A very short search on google will give you verification of that.

Keep pretending marijuana is a drug without consequences. It isn't, and the data will become all the more clear.

I'd also argue that those who use marijuana miss out on one of life's great lessons--how to cope with stress and life. I've seen more than my share of patients incapable of dealing with stress without marijuana. It's a crutch. Perhaps not as addictive as alcohol or xanax. But it's not harmless.

I'm in no means in favor of legalizing. We have enough braindead freeloaders as it is.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:09 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times
CMartel2....There's no debating that you saw what you saw, but your comments do make me wonder if the ONLY reason for what you witnesssed was from the use of marijuana??? Not being in your shoes I can only imagine that other factors contributed as well, and marijuana was the straw that broke the camels back. For those you describe, I also imagine that if they had not used marijuana, they would have likely used a more deadly substance like alcohol and would have probably eneded up in even more dire straits than what you described.

With regard to handling stress with the aid of a crutch....what makes you think that handling stress without a crutch is somehow more honorable than handling stress with a crutch? And secondly do you honestly know ANYONE who does not use some kind of crutch ( yoga, jogging, nature walks, working out, drinking alcohol, workaholism, service to hamanity, prayer, church, meditation, natural supplements, pharmaceuticas, accumulating $$$, prestige, etc are all crutches as well ) to handle stress?

BTW...I am hardly a serious MJ user myself, having used MJ perhaps on a half dozen occasions during the past 37 years, and most of those uses took place during the past 2 years. Personally I can take it or leave it, but I'm all in favor of allowing people to make their own decision about using MJ or not rather than having some governemnt bureaucrats make it for us.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 04-22-2011 at 02:17 PM..

Old 04-24-2011, 10:30 AM

123 posts, read 405,565 times
I want to see the list of true achievers who can credit their success to marijuana.

How many airplane pilots in there?

How many world class surgeons?

How many hero caliber firefighters? EMTs?

Sure, you can find me a bunch of stoned rockstars, and probably even a handful of stoned athletes (although I bet their use is not before the game), but show me a group of people who absolutely have to get it right because the lives of other people are on the line and perform their job at peak levels because they smoke marijuana.

It's not going to happen.

Marijuana does not improve people. It just lowers their standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho