Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2006, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 6,171 times

Advertisements

The comments from WarningVoice were thought-provoking, though I actually live in a rural mountain setting where the town rolls up the carpet at 5pm and you have to drive an hour to Baskin-Robbins and 2 hours to the nearest Costco. People around here hunt and view deer as a nuisance that eat up your gardens and cause accidents, we all have chainsaws and drive trucks...and I live in California....

But, I digress. My question is what areas of Idaho are sunny? I don't mind the cold so much as the rainy/gray days. Around here we get months and months of rain/gray/cloudy weather with no break. I've heard that in some high desert places like Bend Oregon, you get a day of snow, but then a day or two of sunshine as well. Is that what it's like? I am interested in the Lewiston and Boise areas.
Any info you could give me would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2006, 01:53 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,271,525 times
The basic rule of thumb for Idaho and weather is, that if you don't like it, wait 10 minutes.

I'm not in either area you mentioned, but I enjoy the fact that summer doesn't always mean 100 degree days for two months on end. We get our rain, in fact that's happening this weekend, but we get our sun filled days as well both in summer and winter.

Old 05-30-2006, 09:02 AM

149 posts, read 1,098,084 times
I've lived in Pocatello, Idaho Falls, and Boise. In my opinion, the Boise area is probably what you're looking for. Most of the summer is just blue skies.

Boise is really pretty dry, so you don't get a lot of gray, rainy days.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:41 PM

14 posts, read 85,012 times
Boise area is also not that cold, at least compared to the rest of the state. They are not that high up, about 2500 ft. They get some snow, but not as much as the eastern cities of IF and Pocatello.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho