Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2014, 06:28 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,974 times

Advertisements

Hey CFF, is Atilano's really the BEST burrito in San Diego? The signs on the ones around here say so!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 09:07 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
I can tell you that it's just like eating at the places in Chula Vista or the hole-in-the-wall places that were so good in East LA.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:46 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Hey CFF, is Atilano's really the BEST burrito in San Diego? The signs on the ones around here say so!
Uhh...I don't really like burritos......and we don't have any Atilano's down here...Tripadvisor says, "This ain't San Diego!"
This Ain't San Diego, But ... - Review of Atilano's Mexican Food, Spokane, WA - TripAdvisor

But try Guadalajara in San Diego Old Town! Or Fidel's in Solana Beach!

Old 05-07-2014, 07:25 AM

8,088 posts, read 15,162,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirlatheart View Post
I should hav clarified, at least for me, I will be looking into alternatives for any future animals we have such as OSS (ovary sparing spay) or vasectomy. I haven't done extensive research but it is something I've started looking into and plan to learn more about. From what I have found so far, it makes much more sense to me to go that route rather than neuter/spay.
Yep, that's perfectly fine from a health standpoint, and won't negatively impact temperament either. Also, with a halfway competent surgeon, it's a lot less invasive. (What's with these 6 inch spay zippers nowadays? Have none of these younger vets heard of a spay hook? it was invented almost 100 years ago... tho the inventor had his own issues...)

Be aware that chemical castration does the same thing as mechanical castration -- after a few months the hormone levels drop to zero.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:40 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,974 times
Happy Mother's Day all
Took DW (a mommy) for a nice drive on the back side of Lake CDA. This is along Rt. 3 through the Chain Lakes area. Mile after mile of greenery overload.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:54 PM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times
8 wildfires burning in San Diego County...we have a Santa Ana condition with strong winds, 100+ degree temperatures and 2 percent humidity...This never used to happen this early in the season--this is September weather. We're in for a long summer...

Roads are clogged with people trying to get to their homes or away from their homes, and we're revising our evacuation lists, hoping we won't get the call to evacuate. Keep your fingers crossed for us...

Old 05-14-2014, 08:20 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,012,542 times
CFF - Be safe, and we'll be thinking about you. It does seem like we're in for a long fire season this year. Hopefully the El Nino forms up and we get some much needed rain next winter.

Dave

Old 05-14-2014, 08:20 PM

Fingers, toes, eyes, and wires... yeah, early in the year but not so unique... had some early fire seasons when I lived north of L.A.

Conversely, here in MT, two mornings ago we got snow!! You want to trade weather for a bit?

Old 05-15-2014, 12:02 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
CFF - Be safe, and we'll be thinking about you. It does seem like we're in for a long fire season this year. Hopefully the El Nino forms up and we get some much needed rain next winter.

Dave
The cooler it remains in the spring, the shorter the fire season in the summer. I think so far this year, we've been lucky. If May remains cool and we get some more rain, we might be able to have a warm summer without major fires.

We truly have been lucky this winter. We avoided the worst of everything during the winter, and so far, we have avoided the worst of the seasonal change into spring. I think that if the summer is mild, with temps around 80, we'll do fine.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The cooler it remains in the spring, the shorter the fire season in the summer. I think so far this year, we've been lucky. If May remains cool and we get some more rain, we might be able to have a warm summer without major fires.
Which has its own downsides with a shorter growing season and higher food prices.

The real issue is that SoCal forests are terribly overgrown -- on average they have FIVE TIMES the amount of trees and brush the available water can support. Which means they're all stressed, most trees suffer from pine beetles and other pests, and if they don't die outright, they're dry as a tree can be and still be halfway alive (tho last I heard, the death rate was approaching 80%). Same with the underbrush. So there's this huge pile-up of fuel, lots of it high in volatiles, so instead of a natural-type cleanup fire, you get a conflagration.

This is what happens when you halt both natural fires and logging. Forests need one or the other (and it doesn't matter which) to avoid fuel buildup and the massive summer firestorm that's become the annual SoCal event.

Healthy forests are sparse enough that fires just sweep out the brush and don't catch the treetops.

But so long as Smokey the Bear and the treehuggers are in charge, forests will remain unhealthy and this problem will continue, regardless of what the summers are like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho