Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 11:01 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times

Advertisements

I'm going to steal an idea from the Montana forum and create a thread where we can visit, for no other reason than we love NID. I hope that's okay, Sage! Of course one might say that our entire ID forum is such a place, but the idea of a place/thread to hang out where it's always weekend in NID appeals to me. Over on the Montana forum they call it "Let's Visit." So far it has 68 pages!
So here goes: First, welcome to the porch! Let's imagine a view. What would you like it to be? The Selkirks? The Cabinets? One of the lakes? Etc. Next, my Q would be, If you're in NID this coming weekend (or the next, or the next), or would like to be, what would you want to do? This is where reality blends with fantasy. I vote for having dinner at the Floating Restaurant in Hope, at sunset...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 11:15 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,273,774 times
If I was there I would go on a top down cruise of the Selkirk Loop!

Old 08-05-2009, 11:21 AM

993 posts, read 3,251,826 times
I'd be looking for Trace and that Single Malt he owes me

Old 08-05-2009, 11:28 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
You all are welcome to borrow my front porch. See, there's already a 12 pack of Kokanee and the smoke is from the campfire we burn on cool evenings.

Last edited by mistyriver; 08-05-2009 at 12:46 PM..

Old 08-05-2009, 11:51 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
This is a nice idea. It cannot be stickied since the photo tour and Idaho Falls threads occupy our two allowed stickied-thread positions...but it's nice to have a place just to chat...as long as y'all keep it alive and on the first page...

Old 08-05-2009, 02:49 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times
It's been a long time since I visited Idaho.

1981 to be exact.

I have family in Deary....not too far from Moscow. Would that be considered Northern Idaho?

Purdy darned north compared to where I am...

Loved the horseback riding, beautiful scenery, and the small town feel. Many of my relatives left for Washington, but I still have an aunt and uncle and a few cousins up there. Beautiful.

I wannna hang out on Mistyriver's front porch in one of those rockers....

Old 08-05-2009, 04:30 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Nice idea for a thread! We're heading out on a 2-day camping trip with on the ATVs this weekend, unloading in Calder (on the St. Joe) riding down towards Elk River and exploring, over to the Dworshack Reservoir and back via Avery. Really looking forward to the trip, there is a great group going. I'll be keeping my eyes on this thread before I go.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:47 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
Deary is north Idaho and a wonderful place. My daughter and I go there every June for Pony Club camp. A very generous man named George Hatley donated land along highway 8 to the Palouse Hills pony club and all the members from our region spend several great days down there socializing and jumping their horses cross-country. My daughter will treasure her memories of Deary.
And feel free to pull up a rocker and pop open a can of Kokanee.
Speaking of which...Kokanee beer (brewed in Creston, BC) is a wonderful regional brew. I love Kokanee light but you have to cross the border to get it.
Any other Kokanee lovers out there? My husband loves it and I like to find the Sasquatch on the can.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:09 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
I'd be looking for Trace and that Single Malt he owes me
You dont want a view of me buddy, but I could see a nice overlook of lake CdA.. Heck if Nat. Geographic called it one of the 5 prettiest alpine lakes in the world thats good enough for us and a bottle of 18YO Lagavulin..

Actually some of the most amazing scenery and views for me are near my property on the edge of the Palouse region.. The rolling hills and colorfull fields trimmed with pine tree's and mountains with all the color contrast is absolutely incredible.. Its like the worlds biggest golf course..

Its hard to pick any one place up there.. Its all just so beautiful...
Attached Thumbnails
The North Idaho Front Porch-cda16.jpg  

Old 08-05-2009, 09:31 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Awww, Misty, thanks for offering your porch! What a place to hang out! Love the bear ... and I love Kokanee, we still have 4 precious bottles left over from the 12-pack we brought back from our last road trip...

Elousv, I realized we haven't done the Selkirk Loop yet--probably can't do it until next year, but it's great to have plans!

Toyman, I've visited the Dworshack Reservoir--on Google Earth! That was when we were tentatively extending our property search to North Central Idaho. Have fun and come back to the porch and tell us about the trip.

Sitting on Misty's porch, with varying favorite views, sounds good to me! Trace, beautiful pic! We've traveled through the Palouse, but there's so much more to see.

Here's something to do that I read about in the Northwest Travel Magazine: Moonlight horseback rides on Schweitzer! Has anyone done that, or is it strictly for tourist rookies?

Nice to see you all on the porch! Let's keep the chat going, like Sage says. And Sage, it's okay not to be a sticky thread--I believe in making it on one's own merit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho