Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 12:09 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
If they aren't doing these jobs anymore it is because illegals have the ability to undercut the wages. They work off the books, for cash at the end of the day -- American blacks/whites/whatevers cannot afford to live on the wages that illegals get.

It really is as simple as that.
Illegal couldnt either if they were paying the BILLs WE ARE FORCED TO///

Old 06-26-2010, 12:18 PM

364 posts, read 244,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Uh...

There are plenty of whites who will do any kind of jobs to feed their family...i.e. rural families, trailer trash, and the such.
add middle class ppl when
uempolyment bennies run out

Old 06-26-2010, 12:38 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,240,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by email_lover View Post
They say the unemployment rate among African American Males from disadvantaged backgrounds (Ghetto Blacks) is over 50% in many Cities. All the while Illegal Immigrants from countries all over the world are still flooding into the country taking the jobs that Black Men use to do. My friend, who is a regional manager for a large restaurant chain in a metro area with a high African American population, says very few Blacks work in the kitchen, bus tables or do the janitor work commonly filled by unskilled workers. Rarely do you see Black People doing construction anymore.

Why aren't the African American Males doing these jobs anymore? Do employers consider them not as hard working as the immigrants?
This is the very line many pro-illegal immigration advocates use (directly or indirectly) to justify their stance. And then they wonder why blacks aren't exactly so quick to get behind their cause. The reality is that all I see camping out in front of the Labor Ready downtown in the wee hours of the morning hoping to snag some work are AMERICANS, most of whom are poor black men.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:30 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I think you might be on to something here. We can solve all the nation's current problems if we deport everyone who is here illegally and force black people from the ghetto to take their jobs. The same enforcement agency who rounds up hispanics at night could herd the black people to work during the day. Kinda "two birds=one stone" thingy.

Kinda a reverse 1865 thingy...?

Old 06-26-2010, 02:34 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
true story -
local welfare office needed new sewage lines system. contractors came out and offered 18 an hour no questions asked-- to dig those ditches. a lobby full of mike tyson weight lifters types fresh outa jail---- , almost 100% AA. not one taker, not one.
who dug those ditches???, que dice senor?
who rebuilt new orleans, snoop dog? i dont think so.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:44 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
true story -
local welfare office needed new sewage lines system. contractors came out and offered 18 an hour no questions asked-- to dig those ditches. a lobby full of mike tyson weight lifters types fresh outa jail---- , almost 100% AA. not one taker, not one.
who dug those ditches???, que dice senor?
who rebuilt new orleans, snoop dog? i dont think so.

I'm calling bs on that one.

First of all --- ex cons are not known for their work ethic be they black, white or hispanic.

Second of all --- there were many stories out of NO that contractors were hiring exclusively illegals to make a bigger profit. Legal construction workers went to NO searching for work but were turned away.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:37 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I'm calling bs on that one.

First of all --- ex cons are not known for their work ethic be they black, white or hispanic.

Second of all --- there were many stories out of NO that contractors were hiring exclusively illegals to make a bigger profit. Legal construction workers went to NO searching for work but were turned away.
I knew several legal, bonded contractors who were called down there and the turned away.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:22 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,656,908 times
Before welfare there wasn't an illegal immigration problem, the Poor of all the races did the farm work...There were just as many poor whites doing that work as there were blacks.....
Blame American Companies greed for the lose of the trade jobs: Carpenter. roofer. painter. insulater....
The companies still charge top doller but don't pay a good union wage anymore....
Plenty of blame to go around......
Why have Immigration when you have unemployment???? Just don't make sence

Old 06-26-2010, 05:06 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Before welfare there wasn't an illegal immigration problem, the Poor of all the races did the farm work...There were just as many poor whites doing that work as there were blacks.....
Blame American Companies greed for the lose of the trade jobs: Carpenter. roofer. painter. insulater....
The companies still charge top doller but don't pay a good union wage anymore....
Plenty of blame to go around......
Why have Immigration when you have unemployment???? Just don't make sence
There's no argument there.

I agree with you 100%

Old 06-26-2010, 05:13 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Why is it that a black male from a "disadvantaged area" is considered "ghetto black?" I think that is kinda shady to open the thread up like that. How are you just going to blanket someone like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration