Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 05:19 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,791 times

Advertisements

I would most definitely support road blocks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 06:56 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,347,531 times
yes I would support roadblocks

Old 06-21-2007, 07:27 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,743,510 times
The problem with roadblocks is it inconveniences everyone for the random chance that the target person(s) get’s stopped. Anyone that knows these people knows that they have an unbelievable network of people that would inform every illegal in the area to avoid the roadblock.
The better choice would be random raids at Home Depot, or a anonymous hotline for people to call in to turn in suspected illegals either at jobsites, or any business.
Stop the jobs and they will go home.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:24 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
The problem with roadblocks is it inconveniences everyone for the random chance that the target person(s) get’s stopped. Anyone that knows these people knows that they have an unbelievable network of people that would inform every illegal in the area to avoid the roadblock.
The better choice would be random raids at Home Depot, or a anonymous hotline for people to call in to turn in suspected illegals either at jobsites, or any business.
Stop the jobs and they will go home
Sounds like a good plan to me!

Old 06-21-2007, 10:53 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I would support ANY tactic to find and arrest any illegal immigrant.
same here. ANYTHING would help to round them up, create a concentration camp in Arizona and deport them by millions moth after month until this debacle and political conspiration is over.

Old 06-22-2007, 04:16 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
In my community the police are out on Friday and Saturday nights pulling cars over at drunk driving check points. Many of the people being pulled over are not drunk or just happen to be driving by. The Courts have determined these stops are completely legal. -----What would you think about traffic stops to check for illegal immigrants? If you do not have a drivers license you would be arrested and put in jail. Everyone regardless of race would be asked their immigration status. Would this help solve our immigration problems or big a form of Big Brother?
Sounds like a good idea to me...

Old 06-23-2007, 02:16 AM

1,903 posts, read 7,898,423 times
You people will NEVER learn, even after years of airline 'security' that lets weapons onboard but confiscates your shampoo (too bad, granny!) and takes away your beer (Mr Nice TSA guy needs a cold one). If the current corrupt system imposes roadblocks, it won't be to solve the problem, but rather to shake down the people even more. If the nation will not defend its borders, then nothing else will suffice.

If I was Ron Paul, I would give up and go home. People who give up freedom for "security" deserve neither.

Do you really think that GWB's precedents will die after he leaves office? His successors will continue his power grab and only make it worse, unless there is concerted effect to stop it. But you all have shown that is pitifully unlikely, because you still don't understand the basic dynamics at play here. There is nothing keeping the police from taking your license and claiming you are driving without a license, and frame you, because you do not offer a sufficient bribe. Don't think that can't happen? Perhaps you haven't visited one of our inner cities lately.

Our long, national nightmare never ended. Please wake up.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:49 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
In my community the police are out on Friday and Saturday nights pulling cars over at drunk driving check points. Many of the people being pulled over are not drunk or just happen to be driving by. The Courts have determined these stops are completely legal. -----What would you think about traffic stops to check for illegal immigrants? If you do not have a drivers license you would be arrested and put in jail. Everyone regardless of race would be asked their immigration status. Would this help solve our immigration problems or big a form of Big Brother?
I think it is a step to expand "Big Brotherism". I do, however, understand that the DUI checks are simple in nature. Cop says hi, he checks to see if your eyes wonder of if you smell like booze and if not they send you away. I have NOT been asked to show ID at these DUI checkpoints, so it's not too bad.

I don't like the TRAFFIC they cause.

BUT maybe if they asked for ID (and those that don't have it get asked about immigration status) would be a good thing. I would certainly approve of that IF they made it a mandatory 6 months in the county for being illegally in teh USA. That would get all illegals to self-deport real quick.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:31 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,635,365 times
Yes, totally agree, at all state lines and anywhere needed in between.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration