Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 08:03 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It is one thing to limit the access to troops in a war zone in the interest of the safety of the troops.

Quite another situation to attempt to curtail the free reporting of news in America. That would go directly against the First Amendment, and no newsperson worth his salt would allow that to happen. If such a thing WERE to be ordered by the White House without martial law being declared, that would be very much an impeachable offense by the president.
Just Google “Media denied” and it will automatically show “access to oil spill.”

Quote:
Journalists struggling to document the impact of the oil rig explosion have repeatedly found themselves turned away from public areas affected by the spill, and not only by BP and its contractors, but by local law enforcement, the Coast Guard and government officials.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/10/us/10access.html

Old 07-25-2010, 08:10 PM

37,229 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Just Google “Media denied” and it will automatically show “access to oil spill.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/10/us/10access.html
And Obama ordered this, or did he even know it was taking place?

Old 07-25-2010, 08:21 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
I have no idea who is responsible.

4,458 posts, read 4,193,044 times
Quote:
I don't think that matters, the point is that it is being done and there is a possibility that it is being done again in this situation.

2,361 posts, read 2,539,138 times
One of Andrew Breitbart's blogs actually called the Laredo police and sheriff's department, neither of whom knew anything about it. I think this is a hoax.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:28 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,044 times
It may be but what would they say if they were ordered not to talk about it.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:26 AM

Old 07-26-2010, 07:37 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times
Quote:
You know, I can't help but think that you are one of those people who profit from illegal immigration and lax border security. It seems that you are very much in favor of Los Zetas smuggling drugs into the United States.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
You know, I can't help but think that you are one of those people who profit from illegal immigration and lax border security. It seems that you are very much in favor of Los Zetas smuggling drugs into the United States.
Actually, if it were up to me, I would legalize all drugs for anyone of majority status, control them like whiskey, and tax hell out of them.

In doing so, I would eliminate the profit motive that creates the cartels in the first place, and they would disappear with all of their problems.

The false story was not about drug smuggling; it was about the U.S. being invaded by drug cartels and ranches being seized from their owners. It was nothing but a pack of lies to start with created by the head of the San Diego Minutemen and published on Saturday by Digger's Realm, a notorious anti-Mexican website. Later Saturday evening the "Digger" was backpedalling like hell when he realized that hundreds of people were calling and tying up the LE lines in Laredo and Webb County and that he might be in a position to be prosecuted. His attribution from his SDM source was the laredo Police Department, which wouldn't even have jurisdiction in the county.

I hope they fry the SOB, and I hope that answers your questions.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:48 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,960,105 times
Anyone here also believe these reports?

DEFCOM PAGE 2

NATIONAL ALERT: Tuesday , July 13, 2010
Incoming Request from M.FREEBYRD

IMMEDIATE CALL FOR ACTION BY ARIZONA CITIZENS MILITIA COMMANDER
ARIZONA MILITIA UNITS ARE TAKING FIRE AND UNDER ATTACK BY MEXICAN CARTEL
MEMBERS............THIS IS NOT A FALSE ALARM.........ARIZONA COMMANDER HAS CONFIRMED AND IS CALLING OUT TO ALL PATRIOTS FOR HELP.

Texasmobfather: I just got off the phone with Hummer, our Pima County Commander, at
13:15 hours, 13 Jul 2010, here is his SITREP:

0545 hours MST - 13 Jul 2010 - approx. 7 miles west of Ruby, AZ -
six enemy, in uniform, carrying AK and SKS rifles - enemy were
engaged by ACM forces as they tried to cross the international
fence - two enemy KIA confirmed, unknown number of enemy WIA, no
friendly casualties

Hummer now has his guys "hunkered down" until after dark, when they
will exfil the area. He has not requested additional troops at
this time.

Tell everyone to sharpen their knives, but don't start heading to
Pima County just yet. This was a small unit action, nothing more.

7/16/2010 12:46:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
ANNOUNCEMENT:
The coordination of the awaiting troops on standby is priority one and we will finally have answers as to how thes guys can get prepared to engage in a planned operation in the works now.......This will be a massive operation in order to take back forward operating bases and begin expelling enemy cartel units from arizona once and for all.....Further data and Logistics are forthcoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration