Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 08:15 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Obviously, some are incapable of discussing an issue without painting all opponents of illegal immigration with one biased, filthy brush. If you read the article posted by delusianne you will discover, to your dismay, that this story is not a fabrication by some right-wing, Mexican-hating nutjobs contrived to instill fear. Rather, some of the details were not reported accurately. Of course, this NEVER happens with the MSM.
The garbage presented in the OP had nothing to do with this year-old story whatsoever. And yes, I read both articles.

If you read the OP, it said that drug gangs had invaded the U.S., seized two ranches, and driven the owners away, but Right Now, not a year ago.

The story is a complete lie by the Cypress Times to try to get a revolution started, and I hope they can be prosecuted for doing so. Anyone who defends a lie is also a liar, where I come from.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:18 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,959,438 times
Quote:
Mexico's cartels already have tentacles that stretch across the border. The U.S. Justice Department said recently that Mexican gangs are the "biggest organized crime threat to the United States," operating in at least 230 cities and towns. Crimes connected to Mexican cartels are spreading across the Southwest.
Yes, the days of Tony Montana going down to Columbia to buy drugs is over. Vertical integration is occurring in the supply chain & the sellers are moving north. I felt so much safer when US gangs controlled this end of the drug trade.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:35 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The garbage presented in the OP had nothing to do with this year-old story whatsoever. And yes, I read both articles.

If you read the OP, it said that drug gangs had invaded the U.S., seized two ranches, and driven the owners away, but Right Now, not a year ago.

The story is a complete lie by the Cypress Times to try to get a revolution started, and I hope they can be prosecuted for doing so. Anyone who defends a lie is also a liar, where I come from.
In other words, since the ranch was acquired over a year ago, it doesn’t matter. Note the dates of the other articles. This is not an old, insignificant story, it’s happening now. Of course, you are entitled to be apathetic.

Remember, a lie cannot live. – MLK, Jr.

Is this "current" enough for you?

Quote:
PHOENIX | Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:14am EDT

PHOENIX (Reuters) - Police in an Arizona border city are on heightened alert after receiving a warning from a Mexican drug cartel that officers may be targeted if they carry out off-duty drug busts, authorities said on Tuesday.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65M0IF20100623

Quote:
NOGALES, Mexico, July 23, 2010

(CBS) As America fights two wars overseas -- another one is raging, much closer to home.

Mexico's drug war is every bit as violent. On Friday alone, 43 people were indicted in San Diego for murder and kidnapping, including a Mexican government official.

And outside Monterrey, Mexico, 23 bodies were found Thursday at a dump site used by drug gangs.

As CBS News correspondent Bill Whitaker reports, the cartels have begun using the same ruthless tactics as al Qaeda.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6707471.shtml

Last edited by Benicar; 07-25-2010 at 08:50 AM..

Old 07-25-2010, 08:56 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,704 times
I found this from the Tucson Citizen,
(http://tucsoncitizen.com/the-cholla-jumps/2010/07/24/los-zetas-narco-trafficers-seize-us-ranches-in-laredo-tx/ - broken link)
July 24 2241MT,I am still waiting to hear from the Webb County Sheriff Department, Sheriff Martin Cuelar. Original reports of sources inside Laredo PD go unsubstantiated, however the many ” I can neither confrim nor deny such reports” from the Webb County Sheriffs Department leaves a few questions. Mr Garcia confirmed that a disagreement happened between two ranch owners. It would be up to Sheriff Cuelar to elaborate or state with certainty that the disagreement between two ranchers was not in fact a conflict between possible narco-trafficers. Will keep everyone updated.
July 24, 2010 2348 MT

Old 07-25-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In other words, since the ranch was acquired over a year ago, it doesn’t matter. Note the dates of the other articles. This is not an old, insignificant story, it’s happening now. Of course, you are entitled to be apathetic.

Remember, a lie cannot live. – MLK, Jr.

Is this "current" enough for you?

Mexico drug gang threatens Arizona police | Reuters

Mexico's Drug War Adopts Al Qaeda Tactics - CBS Evening News - CBS News
Very nice, but your links still have absolutely nothing to do with the pack of lies in the OP, and do not validate it.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I found this from the Tucson Citizen,
(http://tucsoncitizen.com/the-cholla-jumps/2010/07/24/los-zetas-narco-trafficers-seize-us-ranches-in-laredo-tx/ - broken link)
July 24 2241MT,I am still waiting to hear from the Webb County Sheriff Department, Sheriff Martin Cuelar. Original reports of sources inside Laredo PD go unsubstantiated, however the many ” I can neither confrim nor deny such reports” from the Webb County Sheriffs Department leaves a few questions. Mr Garcia confirmed that a disagreement happened between two ranch owners. It would be up to Sheriff Cuelar to elaborate or state with certainty that the disagreement between two ranchers was not in fact a conflict between possible narco-trafficers. Will keep everyone updated.
July 24, 2010 2348 MT
That's a different story. Two ranchers arguing is not the same as the country being invaded, even if the owners of the ranches turn out to be drug dealers.

Keep us posted.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:04 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Obviously there are desperate people trying to get some other desperate people to fall for a desperate attempt to inflame desperation.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Very nice, but your links still have absolutely nothing to do with the pack of lies in the OP, and do not validate it.
Clearly, nothing will suffice. Continue to dwell on what you consider to be a lie, while ignoring the facts.

YouTube - Texas Border City on Lockdown

YouTube - Drug Wars Are Spilling Over The Border From Mexico

Old 07-25-2010, 09:13 AM

50,323 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Obviously there are desperate people trying to get some other desperate people to fall for a desperate attempt to inflame desperation.
I think they call those people "DREAM" ies.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Obviously, some prefer to bury their heads in the sand. If you think this violence will be restricted to Mexico, think again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration