Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 08:00 PM

37,199 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Why don't they leave the computer for a change, pick u a gun and go do it?
I wouldn't worry too much about the Keyboard Kommandos here doing much of anything but running off at the mouth.

The ones who were yapping the loudest here suddenly found more important things to do when the tables turned. If they can't stand the heat on a message board, they'd soil themselves if they got near a real hot spot.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:02 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
This is the funnest thread I've read in a long time but it's scary sad too, how quickly people are willing to believe rumors off the internet.
It is indeed.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Empty streets in Larado.

Laredo International Bridge Web Cams

Click on the pictures to see the time taken.
Not one of the lefties that are playing around after you posted this post has looked at these pictures. I wonder why all the traffic is on the Mexico out "ramp" and nobody is on the other side of the road. I guess it is because the Americans are afraid of what they think the Mexicans would do to them.

Can you believe how these lefties perform when 3 or 4 of them get to thinking they are all alone?

Old 07-24-2010, 08:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Here's the Webb County, TX sheriff's phone number for any of you who would like to call and ask.

1-956-523-4500
Have you noticed that you posted this post a full 5 minutes after TRUEGRITT posted the pictures from the Laredo border road? You haven't seen one of those pictures but you and your buddies are putting on the left leaning act pretty well without any of you mentioning having seen these pictures.

Now it is ok for you kids to have a good time once a few of you get together but I surely would like to see you or any of your buddies explain the flow of traffic at the border site. Surely you can do that from one of your left leaning blog sites.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:17 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Especially since idiots are talking about taking up arms and going down there to "defend" our border -- including several in this very thread.
Never under estimate the power of a pissed-off Texan ... right, wrong, or otherwise, once you get 'em going, wtfo .. I should know, i'm married to a Texan.

If in fact this were true, the Fed would have to pack up and go home for the lack of room at the border for all of the Texans that would be there defending it.

Glad it's not true .. sighs relief .. but if it were .. you wouldn't be finding anyone standing in the way of any Texan who chose to fight for what's theirs .. just sayin' ..

Old 07-24-2010, 08:19 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Not one of the lefties that are playing around after you posted this post has looked at these pictures. I wonder why all the traffic is on the Mexico out "ramp" and nobody is on the other side of the road. I guess it is because the Americans are afraid of what they think the Mexicans would do to them.

Can you believe how these lefties perform when 3 or 4 of them get to thinking they are all alone?
The lines are always long coming in from Mexico because of US inspections. Going into Mexico is faster with little or no line because they only do cursory & random inspections at the border - and more in-depth inspections about 10-20 miles south when you leave the border towns. Most of the traffic you see at the bridge will be local traffic for shopping, border business, or visiting relatives & friends on both sides of the border. I see nothing unusual in the photos.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Never under estimate the power of a pissed-off Texan ... right, wrong, or otherwise, once you get 'em going, wtfo .. I should know, i'm married to a Texan.

If in fact this were true, the Fed would have to pack up and go home for the lack of room at the border for all of the Texans that would be there defending it.

Glad it's not true .. sighs relief .. but if it were .. you wouldn't be finding anyone standing in the way of any Texan who chose to fight for what's theirs .. just sayin' ..
If it was true I'd be the first one in line at my expense to repel them, and I have sufficient arms for the task.

I don't, however, have any reason to go looking for trouble. That's how we ended up in Iraq. I learn pretty quickly.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you noticed that you posted this post a full 5 minutes after TRUEGRITT posted the pictures from the Laredo border road? You haven't seen one of those pictures but you and your buddies are putting on the left leaning act pretty well without any of you mentioning having seen these pictures.

Now it is ok for you kids to have a good time once a few of you get together but I surely would like to see you or any of your buddies explain the flow of traffic at the border site. Surely you can do that from one of your left leaning blog sites.
I looked at the webcams and Gary is absolutely correct. The lines have always been longer coming into the U.S. It was that way when I crossed the border for the first time in 1968, and it was that way the last time I crossed in 1995.

Find a real news source for the story and I'll apologize publicly. Even FOX will work as a source on this one.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:34 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Dig this, sport -

If you had clicked on the link, which obviously you didn't, you would have found out that it goes to a self-proclaimed right-wing fundamentalist website where they are lying through their teeth in the name of Jesus. this whole "story" is exactly that - an attempt to stir up a lot of people unnecessarily.

If you buy in to the story and spread it without any proof, then you are just as much a liar as they are for believing what you want to believe and spreading gossip wiothout knowing any facts whatsoever. I owe you nor anybody else an apology of any sort. If there is any apologizing, it should be done by whe scaremongering editors of the Cypress Times for spreading vicious rumors without proof.

Obama probably has not been briefed on a non-story.

As I said in my previous post, come back when you have a hard news source confirming this. Otherwise, you know where I stand.
If you had read my post I said clearly, if this is in fact true.

I know where you stand on this issue either way so you wont even have to explain it.

If it becomes true then you will find excuses to protect Obama from not doing his job and if it comes out not to be true you will be right here waiting.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:35 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Regardless of how authentic the story was or wasn't the fact remains that due to our very poor security that it could happen and it would not be at all difficult to achieve. In fact we do have smugglers from the Cartels entering and leaving this country daily unnoticed by any LEO's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration