Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 11:06 PM

212 posts, read 476,085 times

Advertisements

I want real honest answers to this question.

How can anyone, who wants the US to continue as a first world nation, not be for strong enforcement of our borders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 11:23 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
I don't believe anyone is against strong enforcement of our borders. To me the debate is over what do we do with the multi-generation millions who through lax enforcement we have allowed to work and settle down.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:29 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
I don't believe anyone is against strong enforcement of our borders. To me the debate is over what do we do with the multi-generation millions who through lax enforcement we have allowed to work and settle down.
Yet they continue to arrive in droves daily.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:55 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
You got to know that there are people who express the ideology that there should be no borders, "Open Borders." They are often at pro-illegal immigration rallies talking about how this world should be a nation without borders and how everyone that wants to be in a land should be able to arrive with no opposition. They are simply known as the "Open Borders" crowd. So, yea, there are people who are against strong enforcement of the borders, they wish there was no border. Then there are the people who want to make it easier for Mexican illegal immigrants to come up through the US-Mexican border. It makes them happy to see their people able to come into the country illegally.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:00 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
What issue do you think these multi generationals are trying to force?
It's open borders , so that their extended families can get in the US also.

By giving these people Amnesty they will be emboldened to try to FORCE the US to take in more of their Familia, perpetuating an endless cycle greatly magnified.

Also it would send an message to others that Amnesty will come again and again. Lot's of these Illegals loyalties lie with their homelands and they will continue to take money earned here and send it back to their homelands and out of the US economy. Pro Amnesty supporters do not believe in a strong border.

Pro Illegals believe in drawing a line in the sand and when it's crossed they'll just draw another one.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:23 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,959 times
Quote:
uhhhhh, send them back home.???? They should be very grateful that they got by with it for so long, and leave peacefully. I certainly wouldnt reward them with amnesty. Just cause no one was watching you commit a crime, doesnt make it any less criminal. I missed some things my kids did wrong, but I still punished them when I found out.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:30 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwayAndBackToSac View Post
I want real honest answers to this question.

How can anyone, who wants the US to continue as a first world nation, not be for strong enforcement of our borders?
To answer your question, this is my opinion: One, they are illegal or care about someone who is. Maybe they want the rest of their family to come enjoy all the benefits. Then there are the bleeding hearts who feel for Everybody! Ahhhhh, let them all come, its not they're fault they werent luck enough to be born here. And lastly, some really, truly want the USA to fail. Other than these 3 reasons, I cant think of even a semi sane reason for not wanting us to protect ourselves & whats ours.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:38 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i am far more concerned that the government is no longer responsive to the citizen than the presence of 20 million illegals since last amnesty. the feds simply refuse to enforce the law.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:40 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
That's like saying if an embezzler has embezzled for a number of years, they must be allowed to continue doing so. Same argument. The embezzler would have become accustomed to the extra money - and could say that it's the fault of the authorities that they allowed that to be the case.

Any law breaker who has become accustomed to breaking the law because they weren't apprehended the first couple of days has to be given a pass?

Old 07-31-2010, 07:59 AM

286 posts, read 535,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
You got to know that there are people who express the ideology that there should be no borders, "Open Borders." They are often at pro-illegal immigration rallies talking about how this world should be a nation without borders and how everyone that wants to be in a land should be able to arrive with no opposition. They are simply known as the "Open Borders" crowd. So, yea, there are people who are against strong enforcement of the borders, they wish there was no border. Then there are the people who want to make it easier for Mexican illegal immigrants to come up through the US-Mexican border. It makes them happy to see their people able to come into the country illegally.

Those 'open border' people must be stoned or high on something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration