Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 12:23 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
So it's "Levene & Shelly" instead of "Lavern & Shirley"?
I have a distinct feeling she's not from Milwaukee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 12:32 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,439,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
Normally, when you are hired legally you have to fill out I-9 and submit a combination of documents such as a US passport, a Driver's License and a Social Security card, birth certificate, Green Card etc... (see I-9 on the .gov sites)

Of course, most places that hired illegals bypass that and even if they don't Mexicans openly told me they can get all of the above for about 50 bucks from a 'third party' They don't even see the need to hide this. Report that? Ha! In CA no one gives a flying F. It's sad how our own citizens are second class to illegals.

Old 11-25-2010, 01:40 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I agree with the post saying it has a lot to do with who is doing the hiring. And if someone works at a place they would usually help their friends, who are more often than not the same nationality, get hired there as well when job openings came up. That's how both my kids got ff jobs when they were in hs and college. At one point almost all the employees at one burger place in my town were members of the same church and youth group. It's cyclical though because it's not like that today. I'm guessing it works like that all over.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:24 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I agree with the post saying it has a lot to do with who is doing the hiring. And if someone works at a place they would usually help their friends, who are more often than not the same nationality, get hired there as well when job openings came up. That's how both my kids got ff jobs when they were in hs and college. At one point almost all the employees at one burger place in my town were members of the same church and youth group. It's cyclical though because it's not like that today. I'm guessing it works like that all over.
multiculturism at it's finest.

Multiculturism could also be called......"The modern day "Great Divide".

Old 12-11-2010, 11:34 AM

22 posts, read 46,159 times
Quote:
So it's "Levene & Shelly" instead of "Lavern & Shirley"?
You will receive one of the following prizes for that admittedly clever post:

1. A brand-new Cadillac

2. A set of steak knives

(Unless you've seen the film "Glengarry Glen Ross" the above will not make any sense to you!)

Old 12-11-2010, 01:13 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I have a distinct feeling she's not from Milwaukee
Then she's lucky, I wouldn't want that bimbo District Supervisor(Milwaukee) that say's AZ, is not a border state, either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZEv1...layer_embedded

Old 12-12-2010, 08:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Then she's lucky, I wouldn't want that bimbo District Supervisor(Milwaukee) that say's AZ, is not a border state, either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZEv1...layer_embedded

Yes, an idiot at the helm.
Their documented ignorance, should be grounds for impeachment.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:25 PM

475 posts, read 508,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Don’t patronize such criminal establishments. Send them a message by hurting their bottom line. Spread the word.
So, you think because you and 10 more people boycott places that hire ilegals they are going to go bankrupt ? Dont be silly. The majority of americans dont have a problem with this.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:24 AM

177 posts, read 139,305 times
Big government! We want government in everything! Tell us who we can hire! Tell us who we can fire and who we can't!

Old 05-20-2012, 12:05 PM

1,059 posts, read 831,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotionalintel View Post
Big government! We want government in everything! Tell us who we can hire! Tell us who we can fire and who we can't!
Too bad government ISN'T doing its job by strictly enforcing the no illegal alien hiring by errant US companies and individuals. We have laws for a reason. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration