Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 09:15 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Interesting....I just got a rep on this post with the comment:

Do you belong to Stormfront?

As I say in my user title: Against Illegals? Well, then you're a racist. Of course the chicken droppings who left the comment didn't leave their handle....
It is just the usual pro-illegal tactics. They can't justify their anti-laws positions so they start with the insults and too cowardly to leave their names. I got the same thing a few days ago accusing me of being a member of the KKK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 09:57 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Guatemala was once part of Mexico yet there has never been any interest amongst Mexicans in reclaiming that piece of land. No reconquista. No Guazatlan. Isn't it funny how that works?
Cause Guatemala has NO money and did NOTHING with there land once they blew off Mexico. The USA built what used to be Mexico into something decent so the Mexicans are butt hurt.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:16 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1958Native View Post
I'm laughing..... The abnormally dismal turnout puts it all in perspective.
It has to do with this:

There were American flags, union banners and vendors hawking treats such as ice cream and hot dogs wrapped in bacon.

When they are told to wave American flags instead of their own, they lose enthusiasm. The American flag means nothing to them, it does not stir any nationalistic pride. And hot dogs also represent American culture, if they want to lure them with food, it would have to be tacos.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:15 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Did you look at the "date" on this article?

Your point is? Yes, I know the date on that article which is why my post says they have instead of they are. BTW: Why is the word date in parentheses in your post?

Old 05-02-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Cause Guatemala has NO money and did NOTHING with there land once they blew off Mexico. The USA built what used to be Mexico into something decent so the Mexicans are butt hurt.
The thing is though if they are going to cry about stolen land regardless of what the present owners have done with it, they should be crying about "all" of their supposed stolen land. As you said though, it speaks volumes that they are only interested in the U.S. because it is a sucessfull and weathly country. Besides, Mexico only held parts of the southwest, not the entire U.S. so what are these invaders doing all over our country?

Old 05-02-2011, 07:36 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The thing is though if they are going to cry about stolen land regardless of what the present owners have done with it, they should be crying about "all" of their supposed stolen land. As you said though, it speaks volumes that they are only interested in the U.S. because it is a sucessfull and weathly country. Besides, Mexico only held parts of the southwest, not the entire U.S. so what are these invaders doing all over our country?
Many Apache, Navajo, etc. think Mexico is full of it. And Mexico stole its land from Spain. So Mexicans need to be quiet.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
Didn't really make it in the news this year. I forgot about it, and there's nothing on CNN I could find on the front page off hand.
Brief film clips of the march were shown on the early local LA newscasts, but no major coverage. When news broke of Bin Ladens death, even those were pushed off and went away. Btw, wonder how many of the illegals know or care one bit about Bin Laden, since they seem to think that the world revolves around Mexico and Central America.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:28 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It has to do with this:

There were American flags, union banners and vendors hawking treats such as ice cream and hot dogs wrapped in bacon.

When they are told to wave American flags instead of their own, they lose enthusiasm. The American flag means nothing to them, it does not stir any nationalistic pride. And hot dogs also represent American culture, if they want to lure them with food, it would have to be tacos.
This quote cracked me up...

"It's really sad," Luis Ortiz, an ice cream vendor who has been coming to the rallies for the last 15 years, said of the small turnout. "I've sold very little, almost nothing."

In other words, he has been making money for 15 years off this country with his no doubt illegal, unlicensed vending cart. Guess what, dude...lots of Americans have been working in this country for many more years than you and now they can't even find a job! Take your sob story back over the border, and take your ice cream cart, too!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Many Apache, Navajo, etc. think Mexico is full of it. And Mexico stole its land from Spain. So Mexicans need to be quiet.
Many of these reconquista types try to claim that the tribes indigenous to this country such as the ones you named above are on their side. What a joke. Nothing could be further from the truth except for maybe a few radicals holding a grudge against the white man seeking revenge in any way they can.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:26 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Many of these reconquista types try to claim that the tribes indigenous to this country such as the ones you named above are on their side. What a joke. Nothing could be further from the truth
That is for sure. In historical times all of the powerful warrior tribes detested first the Spanish and then the Mexicans. The Apaches in particular had a deep seated seething hatred toward Mexicans, and killed and raided them at every opportunity. The reconquistas have conveniently, for them, forgotten to study history. At no time did either Spain or Mexico settle, let alone dominate and control, more than a small portion of what they are now claiming is theirs, in either the Southwest or California. It was Americans of European descent that did, but the illegals prefer to forget that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration