Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 11:28 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times

Advertisements

If this is a thread for DOING something about illegal immigration, will someone please tell me what can be done with letter writing? I want to write a letter against amnesty and for deportation and e-verify but who do I write to??

This may seem like a dumb question, but do I write to the governor? the senators? the president? What if I write to the President and cc to the others? I'm in Massachusetts and I think we're going to be getting e-verify at least but at the same time, they're tried to give college tuition to illegals! and driver's licenses too!

If Obama doesn't do something to enforce the federal laws, I just won't vote in the next election. I heard that he has deported A LOT of illegals lately and people are mad at him because those illegals had only committed "minor" crimes. Except for the fact that it's a major crime to break into our country and bypass the immigration laws.

So, can somebody give me some concrete ideas of the most effective people to write to and can I just write to one and then do a cc? Thanks.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:03 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If this is a thread for DOING something about illegal immigration, will someone please tell me what can be done with letter writing? I want to write a letter against amnesty and for deportation and e-verify but who do I write to??

This may seem like a dumb question, but do I write to the governor? the senators? the president? What if I write to the President and cc to the others? I'm in Massachusetts and I think we're going to be getting e-verify at least but at the same time, they're tried to give college tuition to illegals! and driver's licenses too!

If Obama doesn't do something to enforce the federal laws, I just won't vote in the next election. I heard that he has deported A LOT of illegals lately and people are mad at him because those illegals had only committed "minor" crimes. Except for the fact that it's a major crime to break into our country and bypass the immigration laws.

So, can somebody give me some concrete ideas of the most effective people to write to and can I just write to one and then do a cc? Thanks.
Start with your congressman/woman and Senators.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:04 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:

I write all of my so-called state representatives, including the spineless governor. I also write Obama, as well as most members of Congress. Let them ALL hear from you, for what it’s worth. I particularly enjoy sending scathing letters to the pathetic Congressional Black Caucus. My letters may not make a difference, but they sure are cathartic.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I write all of my so-called state representatives, including the spineless governor. I also write Obama, as well as most members of Congress. Let them ALL hear from you, for what it’s worth. I particularly enjoy sending scathing letters to the pathetic Congressional Black Caucus. My letters may not make a difference, but they sure are cathartic.
I'll do the same and I bet all of these letters will do some good. I want to make sure mostly that Obama, whom I VOTED FOR, will not get my vote again unless he does something positive. I also want to get things straightened out in my own state and let them KNOW how the people REALLY feel. Thank you.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:27 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
I'll do the same and I bet all of these letters will do some good. I want to make sure mostly that Obama, whom I VOTED FOR, will not get my vote again unless he does something positive. I also want to get things straightened out in my own state and let them KNOW how the people REALLY feel. Thank you.
Obama won't do anything about it.

Neither will Deval Patrick ( I am assuming you are from Mass ).

Old 05-13-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Obama won't do anything about it.

Neither will Deval Patrick ( I am assuming you are from Mass ).
But do they really know how we feel or do they think that everyone is Mass is for illegals? At least I'm letting them know. I wrote the letter, just 2 pages, maybe short enough so that someone will actually read it.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:17 PM

48 posts, read 70,679 times
Obama doesn't care how we feel. He won't ever have to compete with the little guy for a job. It's all about votes. Makes me ill.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:17 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
But do they really know how we feel or do they think that everyone is Mass is for illegals? At least I'm letting them know. I wrote the letter, just 2 pages, maybe short enough so that someone will actually read it.
They know how we feel about it but they DO NOT care.

Who took Ted Kennedy's place again? Someone whose views are almost 180 degrees from him. Someone who is completely against amnesty.

Like I have said, the only man with common sense in this state is Senator Scott Brown.

Write him because Deval Patrick does.not.care. He is Obama's best buddy.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:23 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times
Maybe if we would deport any baby born here to an illegal. THE MAMA baby making machine would then have to leave to care for the kid.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:01 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't think this is the place to continue to discuss the owner of another forum. I stand by my prior remarks however.

Besides I would rather hang out in a forum where both points of view are allowed like this one rather than a forum of self-hating whites (that happen to be married to Hispanics) and brown reconquistas who are claiming that whites are illegal iin their own country. It's about the participants of a forum, not who owns the forum.
It looks like William got rid of Larry Launer ("Justthefacts") within the last month, and James Weisinger ("jamesw62") in the last couple weeks...

I would have died to be a fly on the wall for a couple of those conversations...

But for that he still deserves some congratulations, "reputation points", whatever...

Both of those guys were on the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps forum too, before its collapse...

And a poster that has the same username as used at MCDC, still at ALIPAC...

My my, how the world changes, and still remains the same...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration