Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:33 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yet another example of one of the backbreaking, nasty jobs the lazy Americans simply won’t do.

Illegal alien working as flight attendant charged with identity theft - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com
Pretty damn sad isn't. They are criminals that are being rewarded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 11:42 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
And you were...upset by this?
Yes.

I am of Norwegian, Finnish, Scottish, and Apache extraction. While I know only a limited amount of Norwegian, my Gaelic is pretty good, so...

In the interest of fairness, there should also be:

Press 2 for Norwegian.
Press 3 for Finnish.
Press 4 for Gaelic.
Press 5 to be directed to a directory of the over 175 Native American languages still spoken today.

But, back to the topic at hand...

Here's a little ditty from Michelle Malkin, a woman whose forebearers obviously assimilated and became AMERICANS, not Asian American, or Filipino American...as a matter of fact, in Michelle's own words, ""I'm not Asian, I'm American, for goodness sake."

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/201.../?subscriber=1

Quote:
With great fanfare and elite media sympathy, Jose Antonio Vargas publicly declared himself an "undocumented immigrant" this week. "Undocumented" my you-know-what. In the felony-friendly pages of The New York Crimes -- er, Times -- the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist turned illegal-alien activist spilled the beans on all the illegal IDs he amassed over the years. He had documents coming out of his ears.

The Times featured full-color photos of Vargas' fake document trove -- including a fake passport with a fake name, a fake green card and a Social Security card his grandfather doctored for him at a Kinko's. He committed perjury repeatedly on federal I-9 employment eligibility forms. In 2002, while pursuing his journalism career goals, an immigration lawyer told him he needed to accept the consequences of his law-breaking and return to his native Philippines.

Following the rules would have meant a 10-year bar to reentry into America. Making false claims of citizenship is a felony offense. Document fraud is a felony offense.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:45 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,290 times
The business is not obligated to provide any language options, nor is it obligated to provide EVERY language option. They are a business, they make what they believe to be the correct decision that provides them with the most satisfied customers. Do you have any particular problem with businesses catering to whomever they choose to cater to?

Old 06-24-2011, 11:46 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Anthem Blue Cross--yesterday .
The keyword was required to "Press #1" to continue in English...

The Anthem Blue Cross automated phone receptionist begins in English, then briefly announces to press #8 to continue in Spanish. English speakers are not required to make any selection for language choice. Factual fail.

It isn't the perceived selection to continue in English...

Or that listening to a brief message in another language makes you upset...

But that a company provides support in Spanish (as well as four other language selections on their website)...

The illegal alien Flight Attendant from Guyana most likely did not even know Spanish...

Old 06-24-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
...But again, off topic.

So, to help us get back to the topic at hand....

Here's a little ditty from Michelle Malkin, a woman whose forebearers obviously assimilated and became AMERICANS, not Asian American, or Filipino American...as a matter of fact, in Michelle's own words, ""I'm not Asian, I'm American, for goodness sake."...
And that is getting back on-topic in what way?...

Was she a Flight Attendant?...

She was born in the United States because her parents were present from her father having an employment visa. By Michelle's statements (referencing only herself), how well do we know if her "forebearers [parents?] obviously assimilated" to become Americans? Keep in context, and on-topic.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Michelle Malkin: "...Making false claims of citizenship is a felony offense..."
Absolutely false. If made to an enforcement officer, or someone admitting they voted without being a U.S. citizen, it is a lifetime ban from the United States. As far as it being a felony offense, let's make a test:

"I am a French citizen."...

Where are the police?...

Old 06-24-2011, 12:45 PM

403 posts, read 334,093 times
Quote:
"I get along with them just fine. I worked with many when I was in college."

Yes, because your individual experience with one or two illegal aliens MUST truly be a snapshot of what is truly happening on a national level.

LOL
QF Irony

Old 06-24-2011, 03:57 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
It looks to me like she's integrated pretty well. She learned English, she is exercising her first amendment rights, and she supports upholding the 14th amendment of the constitution. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Lots of natural born citizens agree with her on a number of issues. I'm one of them.
Part of the assimilation process is respecting our laws and not calling your fellow Americans who don't agree with your views, racists, etc. You don't know what a liar this person is either. I have followed her blog for some time. Did you not see the lies about the "pebbles" being thrown at the BP agent? They weren't "pebbles". That is just the tip of the iceburg with this blogger. It is one thing to be an advocate for a cause but quite another to lie about stories that are in black and white for everyone to read and constantly smear anyone on the right or who are anti-illegals, completely unfairly.

Not only that but she advertises her site as a place where both sides of the issue on illegal immigration can debate "civily", however she is the most uncivil one in there. She won't post hardly any opposing views even when they are civil. If she does once in awhile she just does it so she can insult them.

Yeah, this is assimilation by a Mexican-American. Mexico first, the U.S. last.

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-24-2011 at 04:18 PM..

Old 06-24-2011, 05:32 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
The 911 hijackers were here legally.
Not all of them.

" Some had received more than one temporary visa, most of which were currently valid on September 11, but at least three of them had fallen out of status and were, therefore, in the United States illegally."

FAIR: Identity and Immigration Status of 9/11 Terrorists

Old 06-26-2011, 02:10 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,155,830 times
Well if this person was able to gain aviation security clearances post 9-11 then the Department of Homeland Security is a huge financial drain on this country for nothing. While at the same time, leaving our country exposed to a myriad of security threats. Either tax the rich more until this countries security is up to par in this age of globalism or completely clamp down entry and exit into this country with mandatory biometric identifiers and build 4 layer fencing over the entire 2000 mile border with mexico with the interior fence being electrified.

NEVER AGAIN!!! We cannot be afraid to protect ourselves no matter the indignities it may cause anyone person in particular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration