Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 07:00 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
They are on Catalina Island now? Thanks for the heads up. My sister and I were at Ventura Harbor doing photography today and almost went to the island on a charter boat. Now I know to avoid it. Just one more beautiful place where we are being pushed out of and which will end up looking like a Tijuana ghetto.

I agree that L.A. is lost, and the rest of Southern California is rapidly falling into a disgusting pit, too. We are looking towards Alabama now as a place to move to. My home state just doesn't feel like home anymore.
I just don't understand how people arent seeing this, and continue to support illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 07:02 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
New Laws Crack Down On Illegal Immigration « CBS Los Angeles

With the most illegal immigration in nation, jobs are scarce. Also it's alarming in L.A. cities I see many businesses shut down, large and small, Pasadena (rose parade/rose bowl city) is looking more like the beginnings of a ghost town. Taxes and rents too high in California, have to pay for all the illegals.
I would assume then that Real Estate has collapsed in Pasedina and I should rush there to pick up some real bargains

South Pasadena Local Community Information - Zillow Local Info

Old 06-27-2011, 07:04 PM

118 posts, read 95,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingRoo View Post
Is this an attempt at being clever? Perhaps you need to start reading data on how the influx of illegals has brought gang violence ten fold. But I know you prefer to live in the dark.
I'm sure you have a citation of the increase in violent crime being 10-fold.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:20 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
When this math quiz first came out in the mid-late 80's, it was obvious that people already knew what L.A. would become, and they were being proactive with the academic curriculum. LOL!

snopes.com: Math Test

Old 06-27-2011, 07:30 PM

869 posts, read 972,191 times
These people act as if they want those miserable jobs that these illegals do in the hot sun all day or working their asses off cleaning and caring for kids or dish washing from dawn till dusk. You could pay these complainers four times what these illegals are getting and they STILL wouldn't want those miserable jobs. Especially the AAs who would feel that they are going back to a pre Civil War scenario if they did that. All these people who complain are people who want jobs in an air conditioned office doing paperwork or supervising. Maybe that's why the USA government which often looks the other way and USA businesses who hire these immigrants don't take these complainers seriously.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:35 PM

172 posts, read 362,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
These people act as if they want those miserable jobs that these illegals do in the hot sun all day or working their asses off cleaning and caring for kids or dishwashing fro dawn till dusk..
First job my parents received coming into this country LEGALLY was washing dishes for pathetic pay. Long hours with no time to rest. Want to try again that legal immigrants will not take these jobs up? You, like all illegal immigrant supporters have no clue about reality. Guess who were the laziest workers? Here's a clue, it wasn't the "lazy" legal ones. And it would make sense it wouldn't be them, they didn't cheat the system and do not find ways to constantly cheat the system.

I am lucky to have the real world knowledge and personal experience to see right through the stupidity and ignorance espoused.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
These people act as if they want those miserable jobs that these illegals do in the hot sun all day or working their asses off cleaning and caring for kids or dish washing fro dawn till dusk. You could pay these complainers four times what these illegals are getting and they STILL wouldn't want those miserable jobs. Especially the AAs who would feel that they are going back to a pre Civil War scenario if they did that. All these people who complain are people who want jobs in an air conditioned office doing paperwork or supervising. Maybe that's why the USA government which often looks the other way and USA businesses who hire these immigrants don't take these complainers seriously.
I've seen "AA's" working those jobs. I've seen "AA's" working harder than any illegal ever could - but the razistas love the line about all Americans being too lazy to work. Even while Americans of all races are over in sweltering Iraq and Afghanistan working in the most dangerous conditions.

It's racist as it gets to insist that Mexicans and Central Americans are some superior race of hard workers who love nothing more than getting dirt pay for working like dogs. If they were such hard workers, don't you thing some things would be better in their own countries?

Old 06-27-2011, 07:40 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
I just don't understand how people arent seeing this, and continue to support illegal immigration.
Mind boggling, isn't it? Either they are the ones who hire the illegals for cheap labor (exploitation), they have come in illegally themselves (or their paretns have), or, they have so much money that they can afford to live in gated, sheltered communities which would NEVER let the "likes of that kind" live in their sacred space.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,150 times
Quote:
These people act as if they want those miserable jobs that these illegals do in the hot sun all day or working their asses off cleaning and caring for kids or dish washing from dawn till dusk. You could pay these complainers four times what these illegals are getting and they STILL wouldn't want those miserable jobs. Especially the AAs who would feel that they are going back to a pre Civil War scenario if they did that. All these people who complain are people who want jobs in an air conditioned office doing paperwork or supervising. Maybe that's why the USA government which often looks the other way and USA businesses who hire these immigrants don't take these complainers seriously.
Really? I'm from a white middle class background and I grew up working in my parent's small fruit orchard, I've picked cotton in the hot Arizona sun out Higley way, not only managed, but WORKED in, the grape vines and also worked on a dairy ranch, which included shoveling up scours from calf pens, helping to artificially inseminate cows, ride fence, round up the cows, and anything else that needed to be done. I prefer to work outside in the fresh air where I am free to move and breath, NOT stuck behind a desk shuffling papers. You grossly assume too much of people you don't even know. By the way, Know-it-All, I recently went to Saticoy, CA with my sister and approached one of the orchard managers about a job picking fruit and I was TURNED DOWN!

Old 06-27-2011, 07:50 PM

869 posts, read 972,191 times
I never said that legal immigrants don't want those jobs. But most of those thankless jobs are done mostly by illegals because legals have more options. In any case it's a well-known fact that Americans no longer want to be sweating out in the sun for meager pay instead of working in an air-conditioned office while receiving a decent salary. The following article points that out.

Quote:
Immigrants Work Hard In American Jobs

When I think of hard work, my mind pictures someone that is putting hot tar on a roof in the middle of July or someone in a bent over position picking crops for ten to twelve hours per day. There are jobs like this which must get done in the United States everyday, but very few American citizens are interested in performing these jobs because it’s easier to find employment in an air-conditioned office building working in better conditions at greater pay. These hard, thankless jobs which are performed by illegal immigrants from Mexico are at the heart of the immigration discussion going on right now in Washington.
Immigrants Work Hard In American Jobs
BTW
One doesn't need to know every single person in a culture or country in order to study statistics and trends that charactizes such communities. We are talking statistically here. Ever hear of statistical studies? Presenting one isolated example as if it destroys all statistics to the contrary is silly to say the least. Exceptions exist as they do in any other areas where one factor predominates.

Let me give you an example. Let's say that you land on a planet and are informed that the natives are prone to pelt humans with rocks.
Along comes one alien and says : "I don't pelt humans with rocks!" Does that invalidate that the majority do pelt humans with rocks?

Last edited by Radrook; 06-27-2011 at 08:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration