Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:31 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
You could write his script for him.

Just use words like:

racist, strawman, hysterics and the like.
Yes, those sound pretty applicable to me. Hysterics is dead-on. You just posted about how immigrants are licking their chops at the prospects of getting your VITAL ORGANS. It's right out of the scare tactics propaganda playbook.

Quote:
I swear he's like a toy. Pull the string and you get the toy to say certain words over and over again. You could probably get the toy to just keep saying racist over and over again.
lol take a look in the mirror.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
With some of the stories they all come up with, they are pathetic desperate and fairytail analogies. Like pathetic leeches, they will never come to realize the truth.
Yeah, the "truth" like illegals have a propensity to drive drunk? or the truth that they're out to get our livers and kidneys? or the truth that they don't pay taxes? Or the truth that they're all having babies at some astronomical rate just to scam the system? Or job creation costs are paid by taxpayers? Or when you sign a speeding ticket you're admitting guilt?

I keep hearing so many new truths in this forum...

Spoiler
and they all turn out to be false

Old 08-17-2011, 04:37 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Yes, it's remotely the same. We're talking about a set of laws intended to keep certain people from doing certain things, limiting how they can interact with society, etc.

Please explain how they are so different that they can't be compared? If it's not "remotely" similar this should be quite easy.
Why don’t you post the racist sections of our immigration laws, and then we can compare them to Jim Crow. Okay?

Old 08-17-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why don’t you post the racist sections of our immigration laws, and then we can compare them to Jim Crow. Okay?
Again, you're missing the forest for the trees.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Yes, those sound pretty applicable to me. Hysterics is dead-on. You just posted about how immigrants are licking their chops at the prospects of getting your VITAL ORGANS. It's right out of the scare tactics propaganda playbook.

lol take a look in the mirror.
Quote:
Yeah, the "truth" like illegals have a propensity to drive drunk? or the truth that they're out to get our livers and kidneys? or the truth that they don't pay taxes? Or the truth that they're all having babies at some astronomical rate just to scam the system? Or job creation costs are paid by taxpayers? Or when you sign a speeding ticket you're admitting guilt?

I keep hearing so many new truths in this forum...

Spoiler
and they all turn out to be false
You’re discussing everything BUT your accusation. Why don’t you stop trying to deflect, and just show us the proof that our immigration laws are racist?

Old 08-17-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Again, you're missing the forest for the trees.
Again, you’re stalling. If our immigration laws are in fact racist, it should be very easy to prove. Please post the racist sections of the law.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:03 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
US immigration laws favor Mexico and South American countries. Yes it is racist.
Quote:
I’m waiting for his list. But, I am not holding my breath. Of course, according to him, a law that requires Mexicans to meet ANY standard is racist. They should have the right to cross that “imaginary” line.
I see that to.

What gets me is why so many Chicanos WANT more illegal alien Mexicans here. The illegals HURT us real bad. Back in the day Cholos hated illegals. Maybe cause most Cholos DONT speak Spanish.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Again, you’re stalling. If our immigration laws are in fact racist, it should be very easy to prove. Please post the racist sections of the law.
Im interested in seeing this proof also.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Given that US immigration laws are in fact racist, then yes, enforcement of them is also racist.
Racist in what way? If you mean that our system is biased towards the educated and skilled I tend to agree. If you mean that the system limits immigration or VISA's approval based on risk the individual might over stay the VISA? Yes you are correct.
If anything our standards are too low and our enforcement a joke.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:43 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
It would be a little bit difficult to prove the immigration laws are racist against Mexicans when Mexicans by far make up the majority of legal immigrants (besides the most illegals).

Now it could definitely be argued that the laws are racist for that reason, far more hispanic ethnicities are allowed to come here than any other. Far too heavily one ethnic group, very little balance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration