Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 10:01 PM

951 posts, read 745,628 times

Advertisements

Hey you are saying that chart isn't valid so explain to me, the unenlightened, how unskilled people can get here.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
If the demand isn't there, then there is no competition anyway. That's why all these concerns about the entirety of the third world coming here are ridiculous. Laborers are coming here because there is unfulfilled demand. As demand sinks, so will the supply, regardless of the laws in place.
Or because we do such a poor job of enforcing labor laws greedy employers are laughing all the way to the bank. In the case of construction no doubt about it.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Hey you are saying that chart isn't valid so explain to me, the unenlightened, how unskilled people can get here.
You posted a chart. I want links to verify its a valid chart used by the USCIS. if you cant its bogus and unsupported.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:05 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Why do we need unskilled people??????????????????????????????

We want to improve the U.S.A., not bring in more welfare recipients!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2011, 10:05 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You posted a chart. I want links to verify its a valid chart used by the USCIS. if you cant its bogus and unsupported.
It shows the general policies of how USCIS has determined that someone can immigrate...

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 08-24-2011 at 10:21 PM..

Old 08-24-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I shows the general policies of how USCIS has determined that someone can immigrate...
actually as far as I can tell you posted someones opinion of those policies.
No different than if I posted a chart from a web sight that makes unsubstantiated claims. So you admit that this is not a chart used by the USCIS?

Old 08-24-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I shows the general policies of how USCIS has determined that someone can immigrate...
But once again even if it is valid is it wrong to be selective? I would suggest that it is good policy to limit immigration of those not sponsored to those who can prove that they have the means to support themselves if they move here.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:11 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
No, I´ve learned my children are much more truthful, and won´t say a baseless statement that they can´t defend in any way (I´ve trained them well)...

12 years-old is the Federally mandated minimum for someone less than four years older, just like we do in the United States. Mexican states can, and do, raise that age higher. I recognized that you wouldn´t defend your assertion applied to an adult for anywhere in Mexico (you do understand your source has content as it would apply to their minor viewers?).

Maybe you should look over Wiki a little bit more, it would have prevented an easy error on your part...

The offender was Brazilian, but I knew you can be predictable enough to bring Mexico into it in some way. Check the chart, the Vatican is also listed as an age of consent at 12 (with no notation). Does that mean pedophile priests are somehow encouraged in their sickness? If it were claimed as a simple response for a thread like this, wouldn´t that be a smear?

You didn´t quote your source correctly...

You didn´t attempt to quote the detail of the notation...

You didn´t verify the truthfulness of your statement...

You advanced a theory that doesn´t correlate to the data...

And I continue to understand why I am wise to dismiss anything you say as relevant...
I should have referenced Wiki? You mean the website whose content can be modified by any computer savvy teen? Heck, even YOU could have edited its content. Don’t make me laugh.

But, since you insist on using Wiki as a source, here it is. . .

Quote:
In Mexico, criminal legislation is shared between the federal and state governments. The federal law establishes the age of 12 as the minimum age of consent, while the age at which there are no restrictions for consensual sexual activities is 18 (sex with someone 12-18 is not illegal per se, but can still be open to prosecution under certain circumstances). Local state laws may override the federal law. In practice, the decision as to whether or not to prosecute is left to state authorities regardless of the younger person's age. At state level, the minimum ages of consent vary between 12 (and puberty in a few states) and 15, while the age at which there are no restrictions for consensual sexual activities vary from 16 to 18 (most common 18).
Quote:
Article 261 of the Federal Criminal Code (PDF) states that: ”Whoever, without the purpose of reaching copulation, performs a sexual act in a person under 12 or in a person that has no capacity of understanding the meaning of the act or that for any reason cannot resist, or demands that the act is performed, will be punished with a term of 2 to 5 years in prison”. If the offender uses moral or physical violence, an extra half term is added to the initial time.
Ages of consent in North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hmmm. . . No mention of “less than four years older.” I wonder why.

In addition, the following is a study conducted and funded by universities in London, and referenced by Princeton University. Note, again, the age of consent is 12.

Quote:
In Mexico, sexual intercourse with anyone under the age of 12 is considered to be rape (Article 266 of the Penal Code, Juarez & Gayet, 2000).