Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 07:38 AM

951 posts, read 745,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
If they can pay a coyote to cross the border they can afford an attorney to weave through the tangled web for them.

Pay a lawyer to tell them that there is no way for them to come here unless they have money or education? Mkay. It's not like a lawyer can magically create a path of entry for these people.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDros View Post
By that logic, jaywalking is a gateway crime.

You see, everyone who commits some other crime has almost assuredly, at some point in their life, also committed the crime of jaywalking. Everything else is heaped on that first crime, then breaking other ones just naturally flows.

Not all illegals who come here do commit felony document fraud, Identity theft, and not all drive without licenses or insurance.

There should be some distinction made. Those who simply wandered over the border and are here illegally and that's it have committed one crime. However if they used stolen and fraudulent documents, conspired with a cartel smuggler in any way, destroyed federal property, disregarded the terms of their visa in order to come or be here, they have added significantly to their crime. If they are having babies at US taxpayer expense, taking jobs, especially jobs with those stolen identities, then they are a much worse kind of criminal.

For the first type, a simple voluntary departure with no big deal made is the best approach, don't bother putting it on their record, but for the rest they should have a formal deportation with a 10 year or permanent ban because they are obviously types that don't care how many crimes they commit.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Pay a lawyer to tell them that there is no way for them to come here unless they have money or education? Mkay. It's not like a lawyer can magically create a path of entry for these people.
Imagine if we told them they were going to be held responsible for their own health care bills, hospital stays and so on? No more free ride? It seems the welfare programs like Medicaid, food stamps and WIC, free schools with free meals, are magically creating a path of entry for these people.

That education requirement is what would help ensure that they aren't coming for the welfare handouts, they wouldn't be requiring free health care.

Of course every potential immigrant should prove they are going to have a way to be self-reliant, never become a taxpayer burden.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:52 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Your retarded "do mexicans play football?" question?That you never answered Wow, this is what you're reduced to? Nitpicking over weather (misspelled) people ignore your retarded not-even-rhetorical questions?

Yeah, you really exposed the secret fraud there, brainiac.

In the meantime, you're still handwaving away the inconsistency.Where do you get these silly phrases?

American breaks a law: he doesn't respect that one law.True

Immigrant breaks a law: he doesn't respect ANY laws.True

You want to step up and defend malamute, so let's hear it, why is this double standard appropriate?
I am not defending Malamute, he needs no help against you or anybody else.

Again you call names, belittle my comments, but don't answer the question. You demean others and their questions, but use silly catch phrases to try and discredit them, but you never actually debate the content.

Discredit, deride, deflect, disinformation. Standard Saul Alinsky.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:53 AM

951 posts, read 745,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Imagine if we told them they were going to be held responsible for their own health care bills, hospital stays and so on? No more free ride? It seems the welfare programs like Medicaid, food stamps and WIC, free schools with free meals, are magically creating a path of entry for these people.

That education requirement is what would help ensure that they aren't coming for the welfare handouts, they wouldn't be requiring free health care.

Of course every potential immigrant should prove they are going to have a way to be self-reliant, never become a taxpayer burden.

Yeah well most aren't abusing the system as it is now. They are trying to work. So as I said yesterday, about 2/3 of the 12-30 million people don't fit into your little stereotype about the poor illegals. We could also just not allow welfare handouts to people if that is your real issue here.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:59 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Are you hoping to hold citizens to the same standards?

Old 08-28-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yeah well most aren't abusing the system as it is now. They are trying to work. So as I said yesterday, about 2/3 of the 12-30 million people don't fit into your little stereotype about the poor illegals. We could also just not allow welfare handouts to people if that is your real issue here.
And what of the millions of Americans who are trying to work?

This country simply isn't creating the jobs needed for the entire nations of Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador to move here.

Unemployment in Mexico is at about 5%, half of what is is here. No one comes to a country looking for jobs when their own country's unemployment statistics are so much better.

But yes - imagine if all the millions of illegals couldn't count on free health care and hospital stays and could not get food stamps and WIC for popping out babies and were expected expected also to buy auto insurance (with or without drivers licenses? That would mean they couldn't accept the low paying jobs and drive down wages. What a dilemna. How does one come up with $5000 for a maternity stay, pay for food, diapers, day care, housing and work for $5 an hour?

Old 08-28-2011, 08:05 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I am not defending Malamute, he needs no help against you or anybody else.

Again you call names, belittle my comments, but don't answer the question. You demean others and their questions, but use silly catch phrases to try and discredit them, but you never actually debate the content.

Discredit, deride, deflect, disinformation. Standard Saul Alinsky.
Yeah, I'm not answering "Do mexicans play football?" If you think this somehow gives you a "victory" on a technicality, then good for you, enjoy telling yourself that you're a master debater.

handwaving away inconsistencies isn't a "catch phrase". It's an accurate description of your behavior. And you whining about this is doubly hilarious since you've now stooped to pointing out misspellings.

So, let's examine the questions that have been ignored here.

You've ignored "why is this double standard appropriate?" And note, you're no longer just defending malamute here, you've personally stated this position as your own by replying "true" to both of these:

Quote:
American breaks a law: he doesn't respect that one law.True

Immigrant breaks a law: he doesn't respect ANY laws.True
I've ignored: "Do mexicans play football?"

You want to debate CONTENT? Then DO IT. Quit crying about your "do mexicans play football?" question (is that your idea of "debating content"?) and answer the question about double standards.

I'm waiting.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Are you hoping to hold citizens to the same standards?
That's a topic of the political forum, totally unrelated to illegals getting government handouts and taxpayer provided benefits.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:27 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
We can forget about what obligations we have or do not have, in and of themselves. I don't even care to think about what "obligation" means in the moral sense at this point.

However, I would like you to explain why you differentiate between your moral obligations to ANY similarly situated human beings. We can extend my um..."confusion" to your ethics regarding the idea of entitlements. Being born on one side of the border "entitles" a person to government services, in your opinion. That's interesting and smells like some sort of moral ambiguity potpourri. I'd like you to justify it.
I don’t need to justify why citizens of ANY country are afforded certain rights and privileges denied non-citizens. Why on earth shouldn’t they? But, I would like to know why you feel the U.S. should offer rights, privileges, benefits, and services reserved for U.S. citizens to every person on this earth; or, more specifically, those from SOB. Why confer citizenship status if it means nothing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration