Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 11:40 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Are you sure about that? A Zogby poll says that 58% of Mexicans think that the southwest belongs to them and that they have a right to come here at will.

LTG: Mexico's Plans for the U.S.
Trust me. I wouldn't worry about that. That doesn't come up on most Mexicans' minds. Most are here for work only, and to find a way to stay here without getting deported. There is no mass agenda among the general population to retake the southwest. That's only a pipe dream among the Mexican-American professors at colleges and a couple kids with a brainwashing teacher that'll forget what (s)he said the week after classes end

Old 08-30-2011, 11:47 AM

327 posts, read 320,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Trust me. I wouldn't worry about that. That doesn't come up on most Mexicans' minds. Most are here for work only, and to find a way to stay here without getting deported. There is no mass agenda among the general population to retake the southwest. That's only a pipe dream among the Mexican-American professors at colleges and a couple kids with a brainwashing teacher that'll forget what (s)he said the week after classes end
More than half is a high num
ber.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:23 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Time will tell. I have read enough and heard enough first hand about this reconquista movement to make me believe that many Americans of Mexican descent believe this and many Mexicans still in Mexico believe this. The polls proves that out also.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:52 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
They would call it an act of terrorism unless states cede.
They wouldn't cede. We've got more than enough natural resources in the region to fight for it, and fight for it hard.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:48 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
rubbish! that news blurb sounds like a satirical piece from the onion, or a half baked ruse cooked up by some anti illegal. that is not a credible, nor serious threat at all.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:09 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Well, one thing is for sure: If, and I say IF, something like that happens, it will be extremely bloody.
Its real bad in Mexico NOW, 40,000 people dead cause of the cartels.

Mexico can kiss iself byebye if La Raza trys to act up. Many Chicanos HATE illegal aliens an the reconquista and WILL fight for the USA.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:32 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
One can only hope. Something like that would result in a LOT of damage and a LOT of blood being shed- just imagine- Phoenix area (pop. 4.4million), San Diego (1,310,000), Los Angeles (3,792,000), San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose (7.15 million people), and the other (slightly smaller) metropolitan areas as well (Las Vegas, Albuquerque, Ft. Worth, Dallas, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Tucson, San Bernardino, Fresno, Bakersfield, etc.)

I don't think it will happen, but I think it could be a legitimate concern.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
One can only hope. Something like that would result in a LOT of damage and a LOT of blood being shed- just imagine- Phoenix area (pop. 4.4million), San Diego (1,310,000), Los Angeles (3,792,000), San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose (7.15 million people), and the other (slightly smaller) metropolitan areas as well (Las Vegas, Albuquerque, Ft. Worth, Dallas, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Tucson, San Bernardino, Fresno, Bakersfield, etc.)

I don't think it will happen, but I think it could be a legitimate concern.
Right now they lack the numbers to do much of anything. However, if we continue to have more of them of that same mindset flow over our borders in huge numbers daily and have anchors whom they would instill with that same "stolen land" grudge, it could be a problem in a few more years.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Well they won't even fight to defend their own country now - so it's hard to picture them being much of an army or much of anything.

They whine and cry about the USA being their big enemy that stole half their land -- but then they do all they can to live forever in enemy territory, taking all that enemy money and government handouts. Seriously if they really saw us as the enemy, they wouldn't be flocking over here to live the rest of their lives here being part of the enemy of their land. And what's more, they quickly abandon their own country even if they insist they love it and happily wave it's flag in another land, but the LAST thing they will ever do is go home and love their homeland there.

The problem I do see if the economy should take a downward turn and there are ever any serious cuts to the government handouts. These people never intend to go home, but we have our own poor and at some point there is that straw that breaks the camel's back.

I read that in the Rodney King riots, about half the rioters and looters were "latinos", not rioting over the racial aspect but for the fun of rioting and of course looting.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:47 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Its real bad in Mexico NOW, 40,000 people dead cause of the cartels.

Mexico can kiss iself byebye if La Raza trys to act up. Many Chicanos HATE illegal aliens an the reconquista and WILL fight for the USA.
You're right. They will succeed in making this like the countries they left because crossing illegally over the border doesn't magically change them. The irresponsible breeding, having children they cannot properly raise and support is a big factor in what's going wrong back home, the "life-is-cheap" attitude.

And yes, most Chicanos would go with the USA if there was ever any real La Raza uprising but I think the bigger problem is them succeeding in making this country just like the one they left. The break down of law and order in large regions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration