Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 12:14 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
To clarify: I suggested the woman and her newborn be booted from this Country with the suggestion that it not be derailed into a 14th Amendment discussion, which it, of course, has turned out to be.

Very little discussion on the article thread.

She should not be rewarded any monies, she should not be awarded anytime in our court system, period. Her and her newborn should be booted from America, double period.
She by law is entitled to her day in court. Do I agree that she deserves a monetary settlement? NO
Was her legal status a factor in deciding if her treatment was unjust? Not really. Unless one feels she is a flight risk because of her legal status. That argument can certainly be made.
She has a newborn baby. Ill say that she loves that baby. She wont abandon her newborn baby. As the law stands the baby is a citizen.
Once again my point is that citizens in prison are treated exactly the same way. I wouldnt have awarded her anything.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:18 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I find it Ironic that people who believe illegals should get a free pass for violating our laws will then turn around and demand that laws be enforced.
Which is it? Enforce our laws or disregard our laws.
The illegal has rights. I agree.
But what about the rights of this nation to determine who we allow to enter?
As a nation we dont have rights?
Everything is not as black and white as some on here would have you believe. I don't think most people that you consider "pro illegal" advocate for them getting free passes or the laws being disregarded. We just believe there has to be a realistic workable solution to the illegal immigration problem!

Old 08-31-2011, 12:27 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,347 times
Quote:
I find it Ironic that people who believe illegals should get a free pass for violating our laws will then turn around and demand that laws be enforced.
Which is it? Enforce our laws or disregard our laws.
The illegal has rights. I agree.
But what about the rights of this nation to determine who we allow to enter?
As a nation we dont have rights?
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Pro illegals can't answer that.
Sure they can. And they have.

It's not an all or nothing deal. Disregard the BAD laws. Simple, easy.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
She by law is entitled to her day in court. Do I agree that she deserves a monetary settlement? NO
Was her legal status a factor in deciding if her treatment was unjust? Not really. Unless one feels she is a flight risk because of her legal status. That argument can certainly be made.
She has a newborn baby. Ill say that she loves that baby. She wont abandon her newborn baby. As the law stands the baby is a citizen.
Once again my point is that citizens in prison are treated exactly the same way. I wouldnt have awarded her anything.
She wasn't in prison.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
To clarify: I suggested the woman and her newborn be booted from this Country with the suggestion that it not be derailed into a 14th Amendment discussion, which it, of course, has turned out to be.
Yeah, wow, you suggested that a US Citizen be "deported" and then you're all SHOCKED AND INDIGNANT when people point out that your idea is DUMB, as YOU KNEW IT WAS WHEN YOU POSTED IT. And somehow it's EVERYONE ELSE'S fault this happened.

Quote:
Very little discussion on the article thread.
Yeah, I mean, what more would you like to talk about? Nobody is stopping you from making an on-topic post (which you didn't seem to worried about when you KNOWINGLY went down the original thread-hijacking path).

Quote:
Her and her newborn should be booted from America, double period.
Oh, wow, you were SO MAD that you derailed the thread that you decided to DO IT AGAIN?

Old 08-31-2011, 12:42 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Yeah, wow, you suggested that a US Citizen be "deported" and then you're all SHOCKED AND INDIGNANT when people point out that your idea is DUMB, as YOU KNEW IT WAS WHEN YOU POSTED IT. And somehow it's EVERYONE ELSE'S fault this happened.

Yeah, I mean, what more would you like to talk about? Nobody is stopping you from making an on-topic post (which you didn't seem to worried about when you KNOWINGLY went down the original thread-hijacking path).

Oh, wow, you were SO MAD that you derailed the thread that you decided to DO IT AGAIN?
It's obvious you are extremely delusional (I am so sorry you cannot comprehend) by your insistence on a combative defining of my reality, and I have decided I can no longer try and explain facts of this article to you.

Be well.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
It's obvious you are extremely delusional (I am so sorry you cannot comprehend) by your insistence on a combative defining of my reality, and I have decided I can no longer try and explain facts of this article to you.

Be well.
LOL. You haven't even tried to "explain facts of this article". You've been ranting about some non-existent "dispute" over whether this baby is a citizen or not. Many people would suggest that alone makes you delusional.

The fact that you keep talking about "your" reality as if it's somehow different than everyone else's also indicates the possibility for delusion on your part.

My reality (and everyone else's): this baby is a US citizen. That's a fact.

My reality (and everyone else's): the lady in question is a human being and has rights even if she is in the country illegally. You can't just do whatever you want to illegals with no legal ramifications. These are facts.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:51 PM

Here's the posts you made before you derailed your own thread (and then proceeded to complain about the derailment (before you proceeded to re-derail it by REPEATING the same statement that caused the derailment you complained about)):

Quote:
Woman shackled during labor awarded damages from deputies.

For WHAT?????

Woman shackled during labor awarded damages from deputies - USATODAY.com

This Country has gone completely insane.
Quote:
SHE made this about illegals as she is an illegal alien and was treated appropriately for her crime. When a health issue arose, it was dealt with accordingly.

So, because she was detained, shackled like as you would say like any other criminal, she should be awarded monies?

Thats just crazy.

And to add, she shouldn't be in OUR court systems at ALL let alone awarded anything. Her AND her baby should be booted BACK to whence she came! (Don't give me the crap about her child now being an American citizen, highly disputed as well as hopefully rectified soon)

Now, where in those posts are you "explaining the facts"?

Old 08-31-2011, 01:47 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Everything is not as black and white as some on here would have you believe. I don't think most people that you consider "pro illegal" advocate for them getting free passes or the laws being disregarded. We just believe there has to be a realistic workable solution to the illegal immigration problem!
Workable solution for whom though? Amnesty isn't a workable solution for our own citizens.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:56 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Workable solution for whom though? Amnesty isn't a workable solution for our own citizens.
You have your opinion, i have mine. No one is talking about amnesty, a fact that goes over the heads of the anti-immigrant crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration