Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 11:36 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The OP also brings up legal immigration, and the same "pull" factors influence both...

Thanks for the vote of confidence above in immigrating my family BTW. Raised any kids lately? There isn't any one ethnicity that doesn't lack an example of bad parenting of their children these days.
I for 1 don't fault you. Nor will I fault anyone for trying to provide a better life for their children. To do so would be as hypocritical as anyone can be. I get the need to try and give the children hope for better than what the parents had. I think every parent does regardless of willingness to admit it.
What I fault is the blatent disregard for our laws and rights as a nation. What I fault are the lame excuses. What I fault is the idea that some believe illegals have an equal right to our opprotuninties, as citizens and legal immigrants do. No they do not.
I fault those who feel the victims of crimes committed by illegals are acceptable numbers. No it is not.
The real reason behind mass immigration is the belief that the USA is the land of plenty and everyone will get rich that comes here. Ask people standing in lines to be interviewed at our embassies. I have, and they pretty much say the same things. They want to come here to make the big bucks so they can help their families in their own country. Nothing is wrong with this desire. The only flaw is the reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 12:22 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Except that people with morals will not violate another country's immigration laws to move to a "more developed area". There are parts of Mexico that are more developed than another. So what is their excuse for coming here instead? Mexico's unemployment is half of what ours is.
As said, the factors also apply to legal immigration. I see this constant dig at morals, that all immigrants aren't of a "quality" that we have had before, and that even legal immigrants are somehow getting through the system by trickery (references to "Green Card-marriages", etc.). Especially when I have a response that the parenting skills of immigrants are poor compared to the native-born drug junkies seemingly in every community.

For the parents of my age, remember those schoolmates that were the "stoners" and misfits back then?

Well, they've had kids now, and their children want yours as friends...

Old 09-06-2011, 12:22 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,688 times
The answer is illegals can get away with it. There are no harsh penalties. So more & more come.

We need to get this under control because many countries are being taken over mainly through illegal immigration.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:29 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
many countries are being taken over mainly through illegal immigration.
Which ones?

Old 09-06-2011, 12:30 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,469 times
Quote:
As said, the factors also apply to legal immigration. I see this constant dig at morals, that all immigrants aren't of a "quality" that we have had before, and that even legal immigrants are somehow getting through the system by trickery (references to "Green Card-marriages", etc.). Especially when I have a response that the parenting skills of immigrants are poor compared to the native-born drug junkies seemingly in every community.

For the parents of my age, remember those schoolmates that were the "stoners" and misfits back then?

Well, they've had kids now, and their children want yours as friends...
Where did I mention anything about parenting skills? I said it is immoral for anyone to cross our border illegally. Got it now?

Old 09-06-2011, 01:16 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Which ones?
There is a whole list.

To name a few.

Canada, The UK, Italy, U.S

Old 09-06-2011, 01:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
There is a whole list.

To name a few.

Canada, The UK, Italy, U.S
Add Thailand to that list.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:49 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellsandwater View Post
I have to believe it is all a part of the globalization plan. We are in for a huge change of lifestyle here in America unless one is weathy.
I fear you're right.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:13 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,020 times
Quote:
The OP also brings up legal immigration, and the same "pull" factors influence both...

Thanks for the vote of confidence above in immigrating my family BTW. Raised any kids lately? There isn't any one ethnicity that doesn't lack an example of bad parenting of their children these days.
No, but there are a few that are grossly over repped in our prison systems.

It seems that the least desireable members of these groups are pumping out the greatest share of children.

It goes back to what I said about uneducated peasants coming here as opposed to the better educated from the same ethnic group.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:17 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
Illegal immigrants are used to displace underpaid American workers at the bottom of the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration