Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 02:04 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,199,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
My dad use to have an American guy who used to do a lot of work around my house but he got rid of him because this guy was lazy and always had an excuse for not showing up. One thing the illegals do is work very very hard and sometimes they dont even take breaks and they are always willing to come when you need them. Now we have these two illegals guys who barely speak English working for us when we need something. As soon as we call them they are like "oh yeah, what do you need sir, we can be there in 20 minutes, dont worry". I dont care if they are legals or illegals as long as they do a good job, and in this case the illegals win.
The problem is that how would you or your father like to work for an employer with no break times or lunch time? How would you like to work for an employer that demanded you to drop what you are doing and go to another job or he/she might turn them into ICE? How would you like to work for somebody that did not pay into SS, or unemployment, or pay for medical benefits for you or your family? How would you like to work for an employer that did not care about your safety or your environment?

By saying that this is acceptable, you are saying that your employer has the right to do the same to you. Even if you are self employed; you rely on other legal Americans to buy your products - their wages are depressed by employers that feel that they don’t have to follow the rules.

There are some hard working legal Americans and some hard working legalized Americans. Many or our legal minorities (including Hispanics) have been hit very hard by the economy and the illegal competition. It is a cop out to say I tried once and it did not work out.

I am hoping that we pass the E-Verify legislation that is currently sitting in congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 06:46 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,336,802 times
There are lazy people of every ethnic/national group. It is BS to claim that all or even most Americans are lazy due to one experience. Illegals "appear" to be hard workers only because they have to work in the shadows and fear being reported and/or deported.

It is amazing to me that some don't care about our labor and immigration laws to save a buck and that is really the bottom of line of why they hire illegals, not because Americans workers are lazy. They are as uncrupulous as the illegals themselves.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:14 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,260,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
My dad use to have an American guy who used to do a lot of work around my house but he got rid of him because this guy was lazy and always had an excuse for not showing up. One thing the illegals do is work very very hard and sometimes they dont even take breaks and they are always willing to come when you need them. Now we have these two illegals guys who barely speak English working for us when we need something. As soon as we call them they are like "oh yeah, what do you need sir, we can be there in 20 minutes, dont worry". I dont care if they are legals or illegals as long as they do a good job, and in this case the illegals win.
And I can say the same thing for the black crew that I hired to fix a rent house of mine and the same for the white crew that worked on my house and for the black plumbers that ran a new gas line for me.. The plumber had to pull a permit to fix the gas line, let's see your illegal do that!

Old 01-15-2012, 07:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,612,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
And I can say the same thing for the black crew that I hired to fix a rent house of mine and the same for the white crew that worked on my house and for the black plumbers that ran a new gas line for me.. The plumber had to pull a permit to fix the gas line, let's see your illegal do that!
That's one risk some homeowners take..no permits, no inspections.
All they care about is the $$$$ to get the work done.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:52 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,931,500 times
i could care less who is working on my property as long as the job gets done. it makes no sense to me to pay more for an american to mow my lawn when i can get an illegal to do it for a cheaper rate. granted, i dont know if the people doing it are illegal or not since i could care less anyways.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:01 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,336,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i could care less who is working on my property as long as the job gets done. it makes no sense to me to pay more for an american to mow my lawn when i can get an illegal to do it for a cheaper rate. granted, i dont know if the people doing it are illegal or not since i could care less anyways.
Then you are contributing to the problem of illegal immigration and aren't showing any respect for our laws. You think you are getting it done cheaper by hiring illegals but if you knew how much your taxes are being increased to cover their social costs you would find them to be no bargain. I just don't understand any loyal American putting their personal gains above the national interests and advocating for the replacement of their fellow Americans by illegal aliens on the job.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,612,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Then you are contributing to the problem of illegal immigration and aren't showing any respect for our laws. You think you are getting it done cheaper by hiring illegals but if you knew how much your taxes are being increased to cover their social costs you would find them to be no bargain. I just don't understand any loyal American putting their personal gains above the national interests and advocating for the replacement of their fellow Americans by illegal aliens on the job.
They don't see that. What they do see is that the lawn gets mowed for less money out of their pocket.

They don't equate higher taxes and expanding welfare programs as a result of that cheap mower service.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:15 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,199,214 times
No one is mentioning what the uninsured drivers do to our insurance cost or mentioning health care cost and how that strain affects all of us - it even closes some medical facilities or cuts the programs that we used to expect. No illegal immigrants are being turned away at the door.

But, that said; how do we stop this if our own government will not give us the tools to shut it down. E-Verify is a first step and the language is already written. Just give all of us access to background checks and let us do the checking. Penalize the employers that do not check.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:54 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,932,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Just be careful bragging about hiring illegal aliens. Someone WILL turn you in or at least you will be robbed or worse by them.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:05 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,931,500 times
i never said i hired illegal aliens. i said i dont care if the people who work on the property are illegals. im not playing the immigration game and wasting time checking visas of people on site like im working at the border. as long as the work gets done, i dont care. simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration