Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 04:16 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,179,265 times

Advertisements

Those children should be turned over to the nearest Mexican consulate. It should be their problem, not ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 08:12 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Free and reduced-cost school meals are leading to the destruction of America?...

The USDA is even in on the conspiracy!...
You know darn well that the free school meals to illegal aliens and anchors was just one thing being mentioned that is destroying our country financially. His second sentence was a general one about illegal aliens sucking our tax dollars dry in many other ways. But you knew that, didn't you?

Old 04-22-2012, 08:38 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,849,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Those children should be turned over to the nearest Mexican consulate. It should be their problem, not ours.
If you can't be bothered to read and understand the information, why expended the energy to offer an opinion?...

I hear that Palestinian illegal immigrant needs to be deported, let's send him to Mexico...

Old 04-22-2012, 08:38 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You know darn well that the free school meals to illegal aliens and anchors was just one thing being mentioned that is destroying our country financially. His second sentence was a general one about illegal aliens sucking our tax dollars dry in many other ways. But you knew that, didn't you?
We have entire schools near the border that qualify for every free widget you can think of. The only sane thing on the drawing board right now is that they are going to draw down busing from the border to schools North of it.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
And may I ask why not?

There are currently 100 illegal aliens on a US military base in a housing unit for 1000 people.

But they couldn't find room for my daughter and her two children when she is active duty military and in danger? Do you understand that she was in danger and needed ANY place to stay?

Maybe it is just late or maybe I'm just frustrated with the red tape BS I've just been through but if it's not too much trouble, would you PLEASE explain to me how this makes sense to you?

I wish someone could also explain to me why as an active duty military member my daughter wasn't able to go to a party in Laredo in honor of her good friend that just returned from Afghanistan? It seems our military are not allowed to go within 50 miles of the border of the country they are fighting for unless they are visiting family because it is too dangerous.

Anyone? Please? Am I losing it here? Please look at my user name.

Have these people that have apparently been determined to be here illegally been checked out before being allowed to live free on a military installation? Isn't Lackland the base that was found to have let several people here on expired VISAs just walk away into the populace after training them?
I thought you had already done "Rant Off/". Most of it needs to go into the "Military Issues" forum. Active Duty military is a different world, been there, done that.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I actually suspected the poster to be a Conservative with the comment, and read it as they wanted to shut down any free or reduced-cost school meals. "Shut down the Boarder!" is also read by me to mean Port of Entries too. Certainly if a comment lacks clarity, I'm not going to assume anything.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We have entire schools near the border that qualify for every free widget you can think of. The only sane thing on the drawing board right now is that they are going to draw down busing from the border to schools North of it.
Exactly. The school districts cannot afford chemistry books for students who are citizens but have plenty of money to buy iPads for the non-English speaking students. As unbelieveable as that sounds, that's exactly what is going on in the border schools.

What people should wonder -- how does a 13 year old from Central America find all the money it takes to travel all the way through Mexico to reach the USA?

Yet these parents are now waiting for their big cash cow, once these kids are given amnesty and reach age 18, the big family chain migration with all the welfare handouts begins.

Parents are risking the safety and even lives of their children because of their greed, they should not be rewarded for doing this but I expect they will be.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I actually suspected the poster to be a Conservative with the comment, and read it as they wanted to shut down any free or reduced-cost school meals. "Shut down the Boarder!" is also read by me to mean Port of Entries too. Certainly if a comment lacks clarity, I'm not going to assume anything.
But you take everything literally so you have something to nit-pick. It is usually done to avoid the meat of the argument. This is the illegal immigration forum so when we speak of wasteful spending it is usually about illegal aliens and their anchors. I think you have been in this forum long enough to know what we all mean even if it isn't expressed in the exact clarity that you want. As we have been in this forum long enough to know your tactics also.

You didn't want to assume anything? But you assumed he meant shut down free meals even for poor Americans whose parents are citizens of this country. And by the way, wanting to reduce wasteful spending isn't just a conservative notion.

Last edited by chicagonut; 04-22-2012 at 09:46 AM..

Old 04-22-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
If you can't be bothered to read and understand the information, why expended the energy to offer an opinion?...

I hear that Palestinian illegal immigrant needs to be deported, let's send him to Mexico...
Again, with the nit-picking. So he mentioned Mexico rather than Guatamala. Does it really matter what percentage the illegals are from either country? Why not concentrate and reply to the meat of the argument instead? It seems like everytime Mexico and Mexicans are mentioned you go off the deep end.

Last edited by chicagonut; 04-22-2012 at 09:48 AM..

Old 04-22-2012, 10:50 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,869,339 times
Quote:
I thought you had already done "Rant Off/". Most of it needs to go into the "Military Issues" forum. Active Duty military is a different world, been there, done that.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. You said it makes sense to open up a 1000 unit housing complex for 100 "children" that have just crossed an entire country riddled with violence on their own.

I asked you why you think that makes sense. So you decide it should go in the military forum?

It's not like I'm asking you why people from another country, with no allegience to ours, should take precedence and receive funding that has been deemed too much to spend on the citizens that risk their lives for this country. As you stated, this unit is open due to the draw down to save money.

I'm not even asking you to explain why these "children" should be allowed to be on military bases when they are not citizens and could pose a threat to national security.

I'm not even asking you why, with the 1.6 million homeless citizen children that are in this country, these particular "children" are being singled out and will receive food and housing before the citizen children that are already here. Obviously, if they are homeless, they are not being given housing. I'm sure there would be a separate forum for that too.

I'm just asking you to back up your statement that you think this makes sense. I just want you to state in what way this makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration