Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 11:10 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Free and reduced-cost school meals are leading to the destruction of America?...

The USDA is even in on the conspiracy!...
Let's not foster ignorance. We both know that the cost of millions of illegal aliens in this country is comprised of: millions of anchor babies, their education, welfare, section 8, EBT cards, LEO and the criminals being housed in America's jails is in the trillions annually.

As the number of working Americans decreases, so does the number of tax payers. What do you think will happen when the gravy train runs out of gas?

What are you IA's and supporters thereof going to do then?

This is only one state:

Cost of illegal immigration in California estimated at nearly $9 billion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 03:14 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,849,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Let's not foster ignorance. We both know that the cost of millions of illegal aliens in this country is comprised of: millions of anchor babies, their education, welfare, section 8, EBT cards, LEO and the criminals being housed in America's jails is in the trillions annually.

As the number of working Americans decreases, so does the number of tax payers. What do you think will happen when the gravy train runs out of gas?

What are you IA's and supporters thereof going to do then?

This is only one state:

Cost of illegal immigration in California estimated at nearly $9 billion
Let's not foster ignorance based on articles quoting FAIR for data...

Old 04-22-2012, 03:54 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Let's not foster ignorance based on articles quoting FAIR for data...
Really, and why is that because you are an illegal alien and or supporter with a personal agenda? Please feel free to post opposing data from a legitimate source that disputes the data from FAIR, otherwise we can only assume that what you've stated is nothing more than your personal opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 04-22-2012 at 04:29 PM..

Old 04-22-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Really, and why is that because you are an illegal alien and or supporter with a personal agenda? Please feel free to post opposing data from a legitimate source that disputes the data from FAIR otherwise we can only assume that what you've stated is nothing more than your personal opinion.

Thanks in advance.
FAIR mixes both legal and illegal immigration into their data, and misrepresents even legal immigration (there is data on their site that contradicts USCIS and the Department of State parameters)...

I can understand how you would believe such data when you are obviously confused about my citizenship as well...

Old 04-23-2012, 07:07 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I'm sorry, but I disagree. You said it makes sense to open up a 1000 unit housing complex for 100 "children" that have just crossed an entire country riddled with violence on their own.

I asked you why you think that makes sense. So you decide it should go in the military forum?

It's not like I'm asking you why people from another country, with no allegience to ours, should take precedence and receive funding that has been deemed too much to spend on the citizens that risk their lives for this country. As you stated, this unit is open due to the draw down to save money.

I'm not even asking you to explain why these "children" should be allowed to be on military bases when they are not citizens and could pose a threat to national security.

I'm not even asking you why, with the 1.6 million homeless citizen children that are in this country, these particular "children" are being singled out and will receive food and housing before the citizen children that are already here. Obviously, if they are homeless, they are not being given housing. I'm sure there would be a separate forum for that too.

I'm just asking you to back up your statement that you think this makes sense. I just want you to state in what way this makes sense.
That is a good question.

It's like here on the border where American kids aren't provided chemistry books because the school district cannot afford it but the schools with many illegals hand out iPads to the kids.

And all over the country, illegals live it up in Section 8 housing while Americans are pushed into the streets, some living in tent cities.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I'm sorry, but I disagree. You said it makes sense to open up a 1000 unit housing complex for 100 "children" that have just crossed an entire country riddled with violence on their own.

I asked you why you think that makes sense. So you decide it should go in the military forum?

It's not like I'm asking you why people from another country, with no allegience to ours, should take precedence and receive funding that has been deemed too much to spend on the citizens that risk their lives for this country. As you stated, this unit is open due to the draw down to save money.

I'm not even asking you to explain why these "children" should be allowed to be on military bases when they are not citizens and could pose a threat to national security.

I'm not even asking you why, with the 1.6 million homeless citizen children that are in this country, these particular "children" are being singled out and will receive food and housing before the citizen children that are already here. Obviously, if they are homeless, they are not being given housing. I'm sure there would be a separate forum for that too.

I'm just asking you to back up your statement that you think this makes sense. I just want you to state in what way this makes sense.
It's assumed that there isn't sufficient ICE detention facilities. The Mariel Boatlift migrants were treated the same way, housed at Fort Smith, Arkansas until they figured out what to do with them. Much easier to keep an eye on them at a military installation, and isolate them from the public.

I can't explain government in a single comment, nor the completely unrelated military personnel decisions that occur...

Like you, I want to see servicemembers and veterans receive better treatment for their needs...

Old 04-24-2012, 02:00 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,869,339 times
I had a conversation with my daughter about the kids going to Lackland AFB. To my suprise, she was aware of it and had just talked to a guy that is working the situation. This is what he told her.

As of last Friday, the number had increased to 800. He says that the kids came from housing units along the border and it is yet to be determined if they are citizens or not. The fear was that the cartel was going to get them and sell them into slavery.

They are being housed in the barraks used for new troops coming in for basic training so those troops will be put on hold until this is taken care of.

There are groups of citizens that have been cleared to come on base to feed them, so the tax payers aren't feeding them. They are being guarded 24/7 to keep the cartel from them.

It sounds a lot like the Mariel Boatlift like IBM said.

This is just what she was told but I felt obligated to pass it on since it had me so incensed. (She was not.)

I guess someone needs to tell the Pew research center. There are no reliable stats on anything and definately no reliable reporting. From what she told me, nothing in the HuffPo article was real.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:39 AM

1,059 posts, read 831,381 times
So farmers would be forced to send their business overseas if the illegals weren't here in CA working in the agriculture business??!! Huh? It never ceases to amaze me where the pro-illegal aliens get their misguided rhetoric (there's gotta be a handbook because they all say the same thing over and over and over). This one hit the bottom, IMHO.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:18 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
So farmers would be forced to send their business overseas if the illegals weren't here in CA working in the agriculture business??!! Huh? It never ceases to amaze me where the pro-illegal aliens get their misguided rhetoric (there's gotta be a handbook because they all say the same thing over and over and over). This one hit the bottom, IMHO.
Exactly. There are unlimited H-2A visas for foreign agricultural workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration